Week 11 Around the League

Just now, Groin said:

I've kind of got to shrug at this.  Allen has been really good this year by and large, and that is a fact.  Tua could be good (I wish no harm on him, but as a divisional rival, I hope that he sucks), but there is zero reason to prop him up right now.  None.  Zip.  Nada.

Yup, I agree!!!

13 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

The quick release is partly a function of the plays they’re calling for him, but he’s not terrible. Again, let’s see how he’s doing after 8-10 starts when there’s a decent amount of pro tape on him. Not knocking or praising the guy just yet.

To be fair he has always had a quick release and he throws a pretty ball. You need more than that. I think he has been "okay" through 3 and a half games. But too early for definitive judgments either way.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

To be fair he has always had a quick release and he throws a pretty ball. You need more than that. I think he has been "okay" through 3 and a half games. But too early for definitive judgments either way.

exactly. I was more referring to the one read stuff they give him, but he’s always had a natural quick release.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

This is why I’m not too worried about the Dolphins even if they win today.

Just seems like a mirage so far.

More then anything I would LOVE to see the Jets get their first win against the dolphins 

High Football IQ might not survive this one 

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes, but then you have to ask why the heaps of praise for other certain types of players playing the position. It's an intent that is transpatent IMO. Like sports talk has become to akin to paid news, all opinion and no facts.

Not sure exactly what “paid news” is, but I have a suspicion. Also why not just come out and say what you mean by “other certain types” of QBs. Don’t leave us in suspense Gene.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Tom Donahoe was regarded by many as an astute football mind.  In reality he was the gigantic idiot that gave credibility to the ineptitude known as Greggggggggggggggggggggg Williams.  How this guy has a job is mind boggling.  

In fairness, we have the benefit of hindsight here.  On paper, the Bills made sensible moves early in that regime.  Unfortunately, Greg(g x 1000) turned out to be a terrible HC, and Donahoe's moves were mostly of no value or impact.  What's incredible to me is that we actually saw the team *degrade* after they left.  Holy smoke!  Anyway, like I said, hindsight.

9 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Yeah, Tua isn’t what some think (at least not yet). It’s his surrounding cast that’s making him look good.

...and dumb luck.  

AZ kicker comes up short on a 49 yard game tying FG against Miami. 

Murray connects on a miracle Hail Mary against us. 

Then, of course, opposing teams seem obsessed with giving the Dolphins huge breaks every game since Tua took over. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

There is no justification, but yet you see it, just see Willie McGinest and David Carr as just a couple examples. There is a desired narrative, Allen had had to shut them up with stats, but that still doesn't work on people like Bradshaw lol.

As a WNY native, I don't get the fixation on national media, and Bradshaw is long past his shelf date, which means that I even give less of a ***** about that guy.  I don't care if they hate on the Bills.  At all.  This is a good and solid team, and I don't give a stink if they are ignored on the national stage.

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

More then anything I would LOVE to see the Jets get their first win against the dolphins 

High Football IQ might not survive this one 

Nice one, Putin!

i’m just ready for the dolphins train to be done, because like I said, I think it’s a mirage. They’re definitely getting better but they’re not as good as people are touting them to be.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

...and dumb luck.  

AZ kicker comes up short on a 49 yard game tying FG against Miami. 

Murray connects on a miracle Hail Mary against us. 

Then, of course, opposing teams seem obsessed with giving the Dolphins huge breaks every game since Tua took over. 

I hear ya, bro!

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Go find a post where I even said Tua was good... 

OK, provided we agree that the clear implication and not the exact word "good" suffices....to most folks - "right QB" "clean where Allen looks messy" "so far seems to meet all the hype" would sure seem to imply that's what you believe.  🤷‍♂️

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/228648-anyone-else-wake-up-still-feeling-very-optimistic/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-6872345

"Tua so far seems to meet all the hype, and why some pundits had him above Allen before he even took an NFL snap"

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/228648-anyone-else-wake-up-still-feeling-very-optimistic/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-6872379

"As far asTua , yeah, way too early, but so far he's looking "clean", as some would say. Where Allen at times still looks "messy"."

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/228648-anyone-else-wake-up-still-feeling-very-optimistic/?do=findComment&comment=6872357

"not sure why this can't be correct forTua ... That's subjective. We all know it's about drafting the right QB."

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1