Channel 4 programming

WIDE LEFT

You wonder if our local CBS affiliate (WIVB) has any inkling as to what WNY viewers prefer to watch. I refer to of course to todays genius decision as to which NFL game to broadcast locally. Would it be Miami v Denver ? Huge implications in that game for Bills fans. How about the much hated Pats v Houston, again a game with playoff implications for Bills? No no, the choice is to broadcast that fascinating matchup of Pittsburgh v Jaguars, one of the worst mismatches of all of today’s games. The stupidity here boggles the mind.

Where is the crack channel 4 sports team? Like sports “ director” Josh Reed. No say, no input, no advice as to what game would have the most appeal in WNY. Don’t even notice that your own network chose the worst possible game, or are u that oblivious? 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, WIDE LEFT said:

You wonder if our local CBS affiliate (WIVB) has any inkling as to what WNY viewers prefer to watch. I refer to of course to todays genius decision as to which NFL game to broadcast locally. Would it be Miami v Denver ? Huge implications in that game for Bills fans. How about the much hated Pats v Houston, again a game with playoff implications for Bills? No no, the choice is to broadcast that fascinating matchup of Pittsburgh v Jaguars, one of the worst mismatches of all of today’s games. The stupidity here boggles the mind.

Where is the crack channel 4 sports team? Like sports “ director” Josh Reed. No say, no input, no advice as to what game would have the most appeal in WNY. Don’t even notice that your own network chose the worst possible game, or are u that oblivious?

I could be incorrect, but I feel pretty confident the local affiliates just broadcast whatever game they're directed to broadcast.  Therefore putting Josh Reed or the local WIVB staff on "blast" is probably incorrect.

I don't think they have much choice in the matter - the network generates a broadcast map and It Is What It Is.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be incorrect, but I feel pretty confident the local affiliates just broadcast whatever game they're directed to broadcast.  Therefore putting Josh Reed or the local WIVB staff on "blast" is probably incorrect.

I don't think they have much choice in the matter - the network generates a broadcast map and It Is What It Is.

As far as accuracy goes, this thread is wide right...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

As far as accuracy goes, this thread is wide right...

I believe I remember our Albany contingent talking about the local station having a choice (jets/Bills).  I'm not sure whether that applies across the board, but at least "border" affiliates do seem to have a choice.

Edit, found this.  Locals to have the ability to request changes.  In today's case they were either to lazy to do so, or their request was denied by the network.

FOX assigns us the other games, based on regional interest or national importance. This means we usually get NFC North games. We can request a change, but the network doesn't have to grant it. 

https://fox11online.com/sports/packers-and-nfl/an-explanation-of-the-guidelines-for-nfl-tv-coverage

Edited by Beerball
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Beerball said:

I believe I remember our Albany contingent talking about the local station having a choice (jets/Bills).  I'm not sure whether that applies across the board, but at least "border" affiliates do seem to have a choice.

This week's choice in Albany is unbelievable.  The teams that get support in Albany, in order are Giants, Jets, Bills & Patriots.

So you'd think with 2 of the top 4, we'd either get the Patriots-Houston game at 1, or as in past years when they weren't 0 for, we'd definitely get the Jets at 4.  No-we're also getting Pittsburgh/Jacksonville at 1 with no Jets game at 4. 

The good news is it looks like our local CBS station has abandoned the Jets and we'll get the Bills/Chargers game next week & it bodes well for the final vs the Dolphins.  It looks like all the rest of the games will be broadcast across the nation.    

• Like (+1) 2

Same down south here in Georgia & South Carolina.  

So many good AFC 1 pm games and we get Pitt vs Jax on CBS. 

I typically watch Sunday Ticket together with the fam in Atlanta but am stuck out of town today so I feel all y’alls pain.  

Broadcast map

CBS only has one game this week.  It is showing Tennessee at Baltimore according to this map, not Steelers v Jags.  It’s the only game between two likely playoff teams. I get why the Miami game at 4 would be better for us since Miami is our only threat for the division, but it’s not like they are playing a playoff contender.  We are getting what is likely to be a more competitive game.  I would prefer the Miami game, but I get why they chose what they did. 

1 hour ago, WIDE LEFT said:

I'm in WNY and mine is saying NE-Houston for the 1pm game 

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

I'm in WNY and mine is saying NE-Houston for the 1pm game 

Nevermind.  When I checked last night that's what it was showing but I just checked again and now it is showing Baltimore-Tenn which should at least be a decent game

• Like (+1) 1