Game-by-game predictions for Buffalo’s final stretch Talbot and Parrino‘s before and after take

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/11/bills-to-knock-off-steelers-game-by-game-predictions-for-buffalos-final-stretch.html?outputType=amp
During the bye week, it’s a good time to reset expectations for the Bills based on what we’ve seen from the team through 10 weeks as well as what we’ve learned about the other teams remaining on Buffalo’s schedule. Keeping that in mind, here are revised picks for Buffalo’s remaining games.

While I don’t agree with the last 2 predictions

Some interesting takes.  

preseason predictions 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/09/buffalo-bills-2020-schedule-final-game-by-game-predictions.html

The Bills have shown that they tend crumble against a well-coached team that expects to win. They don't beat the Steelers, even at home. McD will NOT allow the Patriots to steal one. He knows that his team needs that confidence going forward by sweeping them.

Edited by flmike

11 minutes ago, flmike said:

The Bills have shown that they tend crumble against a well-coached team that expects to win. They don't beat the Steelers, even at home. McD will NOT allow the Patriots to steal one. He knows that his team needs that confidence going forward by sweeping them.

We can't beat the Steelers cause we crumble against well-coached teams, but we're gonna sweep the Pats?

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, flmike said:

The Steelers are obviously a very good football team. However, they’ve been able to pull out every close game they’ve been in this season. Can they keep it up all year? Possibly, but there is one number that tells me Buffalo has a shot of knocking off Pittsburgh.

48.33%

That is currently the rate that the Steelers allow third down conversions on the road this season. Buffalo’s offense has moved the ball up and down the field with great success this season and may be able to control the time of possession if the Steelers’ third down woes show up at Bills Stadium. 

Sounds reasonable to me

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, flmike said:

I think we can beat the Steelers but we're gonna have to find a way to score more points than them.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I said it after the loss last week, before that guy made the thread this week.....I feel the Bills are going to reel off 10 straight wins and lift a Lombardi.

If they get the Defense to a respectable level, it’s not the craziest prediction. 

Not to take anything away from the Steelers, 10-0 is impressive no matter what, but 7 of their 10 wins were against teams with losing records. Those 7 teams have a combined record of 19-56-1. The other 3 teams they played were Baltimore (at 6-4, Steelers won by 4 points), Tennessee (at 7-3, Steelers won by 3 points), and Cleveland (at 7-3, Steelers blew them out 38-7). So, including those three games as well, the Steelers opponents' combined record is 39-66-1.

I find it interesting that last year the media and some fans kept pointing out how the Bills had an easy schedule (i.e., so they aren't as good as they appear). Yet, I haven't heard any media discuss how easy the Steelers schedule is this year, it's just wow the Steelers are awesome. Again I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers. Every one of their wins count the same, just as all of ours did last year. I'm just saying that they may not be this unstoppable juggernaut.

I'm not afraid of any team left on our schedule, with our offense. We can beat any and all of them. Now will we, that is a different question. It's tough to win six in a row no matter who you are playing. And often times, the loss comes against one of the least likely opponents.

But here's to a fun stretch run!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Steelers are obviously a very good football team. However, they’ve been able to pull out every close game they’ve been in this season. Can they keep it up all year? Possibly, but there is one number that tells me Buffalo has a shot of knocking off Pittsburgh.

48.33%

That is currently the rate that the Steelers allow third down conversions on the road this season. Buffalo’s offense has moved the ball up and down the field with great success this season and may be able to control the time of possession if the Steelers’ third down woes show up at Bills Stadium. 

Sounds reasonable to me

The main reason we will win against Pittsburgh will be due to the play of #17.  Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

The main reason we will win against Pittsburgh will be due to the play of #17.  Go Bills.

Was reading some Playoff picture stories and even a WaPo  said the Bills can beat the Steelers 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/22/nfl-playoff-picture-week-11/

The Steelers are not likely to go 16-0, with a Dec. 13 trip to Buffalo looking like a good spot for a blemish, but Pittsburgh should be able to hold serve for home-field advantage in the playoffs.

The WaPo hardly EVER gives the Bills credit beforehand 

8 hours ago, folz said:

Not to take anything away from the Steelers, 10-0 is impressive no matter what, but 7 of their 10 wins were against teams with losing records. Those 7 teams have a combined record of 19-56-1. The other 3 teams they played were Baltimore (at 6-4, Steelers won by 4 points), Tennessee (at 7-3, Steelers won by 3 points), and Cleveland (at 7-3, Steelers blew them out 38-7). So, including those three games as well, the Steelers opponents' combined record is 39-66-1.

I find it interesting that last year the media and some fans kept pointing out how the Bills had an easy schedule (i.e., so they aren't as good as they appear). Yet, I haven't heard any media discuss how easy the Steelers schedule is this year, it's just wow the Steelers are awesome. Again I'm not taking anything away from the Steelers. Every one of their wins count the same, just as all of ours did last year. I'm just saying that they may not be this unstoppable juggernaut.

I'm not afraid of any team left on our schedule, with our offense. We can beat any and all of them. Now will we, that is a different question. It's tough to win six in a row no matter who you are playing. And often times, the loss comes against one of the least likely opponents.

But here's to a fun stretch run!

You can discuss easy schedules - but they are undefeated.  It's hard to talk about their schedule when after week 11 they haven't lost.

They pressure a ton and get lots of turnovers.  It's the best defense in the league - and they absolutely shredded Gilbert/Burrow/Luton.

12-4 is my slightly hopeful prediction for the Bills finial record this season.  I don't think Talbot's prediction of how they get there will play out exactly, but whatever road they take to get there is fine with me.

22 hours ago, flmike said:

Who has Pitt beaten besides Baltimore? I'm not sold on them just yet. They're definitely in the upper echelon of the AFC but I think we can definitely compete with them. I'd go even further and say we are the better team. 

Allen's fourth-quarter TD clinches playoff spot for Bills

23 hours ago, flmike said:

who was coaching the above game again?

• Like (+1) 1