Trumps play to disenfranise and steal election

WideNine

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Looking around at what's happening I don't believe Trump's plan is to "steal the election".  None of these legal challenges are having a real impact.  The latest ruling in PA was a blow to his chances.  I have doubts the US Supreme Court will hear the appeal or rule in his favor.  From my interpretation of the PA court ruling is they acted properly so there is shaky and perhaps no legal ground for the Supreme Court to overrule the decision.  None of the other state challenges are moving the vote totals to anything that might change the result.  In a couple week's the electors from all states will meet and this will be over.  Do I think the Democratic party machines is these key districts in the swing states played fast and loose with the mail-in vote process and vote counting?  Absolutely.  But they've had sufficient time to plan and prepare well for any conceivable vote challenge.  Like a good friend of mine pointed out about the legal process "its not what you know or think its what you can prove" that matters.  The time is short and the legal process is slow.  The clock will simply run out on Trump here.  

I think Trump has a few objectives beyond reversing the election:

1). Stay relevant through to 2024.

2). Give his followers a cause going forward, the new resistance.

3). Engage in a "scorched earth" policy prior to the transition in January.

4). Position himself to be blameless for the economic and social disaster that awaits us in 2021 (you should position yourselves too).

I think he is aiming at your points as well, but the gist of the legal efforts and the GOP directives to observers during recounts is to obstruct and delay....

That too is flawed logic as most states seperate recount request paid for out of some political war chest from initial result certifications. 

3rd parties can request a recount in an attempt to change the certified results, but the certifications are date bound and move forward either way.

There are state and constitutional deadlines that are firm. You may be right that much of the whole effort amounts to a multimillion dollar tantrum and scorched earth approach to concession.

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I have no problem with his court filings as silly as they have turned out to be.  But when he tries to get state legislators to overturn the will of the people in a fair election that is actively trying to incite rebellion.  That is sedition.

I think that's EXACTLY why the GA Secretary of State made Lindsay Graham's phone "inquiry" about the recount public and why the two Michigan Republican leaders refused to be swayed by Trump: unlike Trump and his sycophants, they understand -- or their lawyers do -- that it's actions not words that constitute sedition, and they weren't having any part of it.  By making public statements against Trump's "overtures", they essentially established their own innocence, while putting Trump's attempts to conspire to change the election results -- the action that would constitute sedition -- in the public record.  It could make both Trump and Graham liable for sedition charges should the Biden administration choose to pursue it.

(Sedition)

6 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

This Trump sham is obvious.....he's never been known to be subtle...

detroitnews.com/story/news/2020/11/11/money-support-trump-court-fight-flow-president/114862096/

Trump has always been and always will be a con man.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/22/2020 at 10:00 AM, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think the Russia collusion theory is a big hoax manufactured by Obama and his cronies to cripple the new administration.  And it worked pretty well for them. 

The hacking of the DNC? The release of DNC private message at key times, Trump meeting with Russians for campaign reasons. Ya, nothing to see there 

On 11/22/2020 at 9:36 AM, oldmanfan said:

I have no problem with his court filings as silly as they have turned out to be.  But when he tries to get state legislators to overturn the will of the people in a fair election that is actively trying to incite rebellion.  That is sedition.

Going to get real interesting here at 1pm, when the Michigan Board is scheduled to meet and vote to certify.

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com./story/news/2020/11/23/michigan-election-certification-board-of-canvassers-electoral-votes-live/6389780002/

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Pretty clear that one of the GOP canvassers in Michigan plans on voting to certify the results. 

Michigan will be certified later today. 

Yeah, we know that dick Shinkle wont vote to certify. And we know the 2 Dems will.

It comes down to Van Langevelde, and I was originally worried when he first moved to table the motion in order for more discussion, but from his question to Chris Thomas it seems like he knows his only option is to certify right now.

I loved Chris Thomas's advisement to Shinkle "You cant audit, you cant investigate, what ARE you going to do for 40 days? You have to certify in order to audit and investigate."

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, we know that dick Shinkle wont vote to certify. And we know the 2 Dems will.

It comes down to Van Langevelde, and I was originally worried when he first moved to tale the motion in order for more discussion, but from his question to Chris Thomas it seems like he knows his only option is to certify right now.

I loved Chris Thomas's advisement to Shinkle "You cant audit, you cant investigate, what ARE you going to do for 40 days? You have to certify in order to audit and investigate."

Agreed.

He completely owned him. It was beautiful. 

2 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Wow, Biden is sooooooo good, it's almost unbelievable, it's like he cheated or something.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/23/5-more-ways-joe-biden-magically-outperformed-election-norms/

It's almost like people in cities turned out in record numbers and they really hate Donald Trump. 

It's also like a lot of people voted GOP all over their tickets except for President because they find Trump so repulsive. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

Wow, Biden is sooooooo good, it's almost unbelievable, it's like he cheated or something.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/23/5-more-ways-joe-biden-magically-outperformed-election-norms/

Trump made himself the focus of the election and country's energy for 4 years. Biden 100% didn't turn out the vote, Trump did. 

The problem is that it worked both for him (second highest number of votes ever) and against him (Biden got the most ever). 

It's not a conspiracy, it's just what happened. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Gun said:

Trump got knocked the F out. The people have spoken. 

So, let's break it down, the first time around he lost by 3M votes, this time he got blasted by what 5M votes...and he says he's gonna run again in 2024? Does he wanna lose by 10M votes? 

What a loser 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And of course, Shinkle could only reply with the weakest answer ever, the classic "I'M the one asking YOU the questions"

That's how you know you got someone beat.

Looks like they are headed for a deadlock, but it is just more slow-walking and foot dragging that leads to the same place. A Biden win by popular vote in that state.

If the board does not vote Monday to certify Michigan's election results, legal experts don't expect it will pose a serious threat to appointing the state's presidential electors.

If the board showed no signs of acting to certify, someone would almost certainly sue in the Michigan Court of Appeals, seeking an order requiring the board to do so. Such an order could then be appealed to the Michigan Supreme Court. Once court proceedings are concluded, preferably before the Dec. 8 "safe harbor" date by which Congress is required to accept Michigan's electoral votes, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer would certify the state's 16 presidential electors ahead of the Dec. 14 convening of the Electoral College.