How many players would you trade Josh Allen for straight up?

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t think it’s an over reaction at all. If it was right after the first playoff game, then it would be one. The guy has been figured out. Agree to disagree. The Ravens offense has been really bad now since the colts game. All they can do is run. Teams know Lamar won’t beat them with throws in man coverage and they are just flooding the box with fast cover guys. He was pretty good against zone coverages early on and if they got ahead and got you in your heels, he could hit some throws to TEs down the seam. He’s not a good passer. He’s not going to make it as a starting qb in the nfl. It’s an under reaction to keep ignoring it. Agree to disagree.i was saying it during his mvp season and people thought I was crazy. I will give it to him that he lasted longer then I expected..but I think it’s almost over.

The Ravens "really bad" offense is the league's #1 rushing attack and #12 overall right now.  Yes, their passing game has been poor, but so was ours at one point.  We felt Josh Allen could improve, and he did.

"Since the Colts game"  means their loss against New England, in which Jackson passed for 242 yds or his 2nd highest total this season (5th highest career total).   They've got a relatively "cupcake" last 5 games and could easily finish 11-5 or 12-2.  And Jackson will be an integral part of that.

Both "He's not going to make it as a starting QB" and measuring him for his bust in Canton are laughable over-reactions at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Never ever ever trade your franchise QB ever- knock this crazy talk off 😜

Never said they should trade him. They won’t. Nobody thinks they will. It was just saying how nice it is for the Bills to have an untouchable player for the first time in forever. Again..nobody wants him traded. Nobody thinks he will and nobody should want them to.

22 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Never said they should trade him. They won’t. Nobody thinks they will. It was just saying how nice it is for the Bills to have an untouchable player for the first time in forever. Again..nobody wants him traded. Nobody thinks he will and nobody should want them to.

I understand the context of your post- just playin around hence the emoji 😊 Go Bills 

22 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

All things considered, contract, age, fit etc

How many guys in the NFL would you trade Josh for?  Mahomes maybe? Even that isn’t a definite with his contract.  It’s not to say that Josh Allen is the best player in the league. He might not even be the best player on the Bills. But all things considered, I’d say he’s borderline untouchable. When was the last time you could say that about a Bills player? It’s an incredible feeling. Who (right now) would you trade Josh Allen for straight up? Anybody?

You're not sure you would trade Josh Allen for Mahomes? Lmao

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

17 minutes ago, McGahee said:

You're not sure you would trade Josh Allen for Mahomes? Lmao

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of these foolish "trade Josh Allen" threads. 

But if you look carefully at the post, he says "Even (trading for Mahomes" isn't a definite with his contract)

Mahomes is a generational talent, but he can't block for himself, run for himself, or catch the quick outlet darts he throws to his RBs and TE and on occasion where he hasn't had these things he hasn't looked quite as "all world" as he normally does.   Having a damned fine defense also helps him.

I think the point might be that if we take on a Franchise QB salary right now our ability to improve at RB, TE, OL, and on D would diminish.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm tired of these foolish "trade Josh Allen" threads. 

But if you look carefully at the post, he says "Even (trading for Mahomes" isn't a definite with his contract)

Mahomes is a generational talent, but he can't block for himself, run for himself, or catch the quick outlet darts he throws to his RBs and TE and on occasion where he hasn't had these things he hasn't looked quite as "all world" as he normally does.   Having a damned fine defense also helps him.

I think the point might be that if we take on a Franchise QB salary right now our ability to improve at RB, TE, OL, and on D would diminish.

Yes, its definite. Josh Allen will get a new contract too. Mahomes has the better chance of being worth the contract than Allen.

32 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

lol yeah man. It’s a crazy time to be a Bills fan. We are fighting over the level of “good” that we are instead of trying to convince each other that 4-7 still has a look.

I know- 7-3 at the bye with 3 winnable games 2 in the division- good spot to be in. My wish- Morse clears and moves back to Center and Feliciano mans Right Guard and we pound the rock at the Chargers! Broncos beatable for sure too so actually 4 winnables putting us 11-5! 

It’s probably a good thing that Mahomes is the only QB people seem to think is crazy for those of us who wouldn’t trade Josh. Period. are wild for invoking. 

That being said... I don’t know what Josh is capable of.  He was, by far, one of the most raw talents to come into the league at QB in a while.  He’s improved by leaps and bounds every year since coming into the league.  It reminds me of a guy like Anthony Davis, who in high school had crazy talent but didn’t hit his growth spurt until late... when he did, he exploded onto the scene.  I feel like that’s what I’m seeing with the mental/footwork aspect of Josh Allen.  He’s hitting a mental growth spurt that people didn’t factor in when evaluating his otherworldly talent.   

If I’m trading him for Mahomes, I (yes, admittedly) get the better QB in 2020, but in losing Josh Allen’s ability to score rushing TD’s and get short yardage on sneaks, do I also gain Mahomes weapons and coaching?  

I think we have great weapons and coaching for Josh, but Mahomes has the best of the best in each aspect.  

15 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Even if that’s the case, doesn’t the ball have to move when it hits the ground for it to be incomplete? I don’t believe the ball moved.

Either way, horrible outcome for us.

Good back and forth, bro.

It can hit the ground with hands around or underneath it.

For a split second you can see that neither is the case.

So be it, move on to the Chargers.

• Like (+1) 1

On November 21, 2020 at 12:34 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How many guys in the NFL would you trade Josh for?  Mahomes maybe? Even that isn’t a definite with his contract.  It’s not to say that Josh Allen is the best player in the league. He might not even be the best player on the Bills. But all things considered, I’d say he’s borderline untouchable. When was the last time you could say that about a Bills player? It’s an incredible feeling. Who (right now) would you trade Josh Allen for straight up? Anybody?

This would have to be the scenario 

image.thumb.jpeg.18b30980c6b071e56d64d70bcc561813.jpeg

On 11/21/2020 at 12:34 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Mahomes. Josh will get a similar contract next season.

• 4 weeks later...

It’s a question that’s been brought up in the past but I’m curious to see how the Mafia feel about it now? 

Personally I’m taking Allen and Tre, their personalities fit the fan base and I’m so happy they are here. Mahomes is incredible too but without Andy Reid I’m not sure he’d be the player he is.