How many players would you trade Josh Allen for straight up?

40 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Can we have no more threads about trading Josh Allen please? It has taken us 25 ***** years to have a Quarterback playing at a franchise level and we keep asking what it would take to trade him? 

20 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Exactly. This is literally the exact same thread from last week, which was shut down by mods because the responses were predictably nuts, same as they are here. 

Feels like some sort of weird phenomenon that comes from finally being sure you've got your guy.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Enough with this bull####.  The answer is Zip.  Zero. Nada.  THERE IS NO ONE IN THE NFL WORTH TRADING JOSH FOR!!  PERIOD!!  HOW MANY MORE OF THESE ASININE THREADS ARE GOING TO BE STARTED??  JUST STOP!!

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Even if Mahomes would win one or two more games than JA, leading this team, I would say, zero chance I would trade Allen for him. He earned the right to lead this team, and no qb would embrace Buffalo like he has. He is the perfect fit here, if you factor in everything. In the past, if similar eras, I would I even rather have Ferguson leading this team than Brady..Yea, Yea, Brady might have won more games. Buffalonians are not about just winning. They take pride in those that embrace the weather, culture and city. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I may be in the minority but he’s untouchable.

I haven't read through the thread, but I would hope that's the majority.

People weren't using email the last time we had a true franchise QB.  It is very hard to find a franchise QB.

46 minutes ago, Success said:

I haven't read through the thread, but I would hope that's the majority.

People weren't using email the last time we had a true franchise QB.  It is very hard to find a franchise QB.

Wow, the email thought puts things into great perspective.

Man, it's been forever!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd *consider* trading him for Kyler Murray or Joe Burrow straight up. But that's about it and I'd probably still not pull the trigger. Patrick Mahomes comes with a contract that would decimate our salary cap. Russell Wilson is the same plus over 6 extra years of wear and tear on the tires.

Joe Burrow? LMAO

NFL.com has him ranked (rightfully so) as the fourth best QB in the league... https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-week-11-patrick-mahomes-aaron-rodgers-reign

The argument could be made that anyone below that list is a no, and those above him come with huge contracts and age. Mahomes is the only possibility, but I think switching the exact players into the situation of the others would end in much the same result as we are seeing now. 

4 hours ago, Wizard said:

I would trade Allen for Mahomes. I know that may not be a popular take, but Mahomes has a title, an MVP, and he is under a long-term contract throughout his prime with a lot of talent around him.

No knock on Allen at all. Top 5 player this year if the season ended today and signs all point upward.

Is Allen getting closer to such recognition and Mahomes' situation? Absolutely! Love the person and player.

However, if a trade were offered today, all quality GM's, including Beane, would be foolish to not see if they can bring Mahomes in and 99% would make the trade if the cap space would work.

Not me, bro.

A few reasons why:

1. Mahomes is better now (it's not as big of a gap as some think) but JA keeps getting better. So, who knows where he'll be down the road

2. Mahomes contract

3. Who knows that Mahomes would be able to come in here and do well in this scheme. Not saying he wouldn't but why mess with it

4. Who knows that Mahomes would be able to develop the same chemistry that JA has with the team especially his receivers. Again, not saying that he couldn't but why mess with what's being built 

5. JA is Buffalo. He loves being here and that means something when it comes to him being here long term

18 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Plus, Josh Allen should have another 4th quarter comeback on his resume.

The “Hail Murray” pass hit the ground, but they were NEVER going to overturn it.

For a moment I thought the same thing, njbuff. But every other angle after that seemed good to me.

45 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'd *consider* trading him for Kyler Murray or Joe Burrow straight up. But that's about it and I'd probably still not pull the trigger. Patrick Mahomes comes with a contract that would decimate our salary cap. Russell Wilson is the same plus over 6 extra years of wear and tear on the tires.

No way, dude!