How many players would you trade Josh Allen for straight up?

All things considered, contract, age, fit etc

How many guys in the NFL would you trade Josh for?  Mahomes maybe? Even that isn’t a definite with his contract.  It’s not to say that Josh Allen is the best player in the league. He might not even be the best player on the Bills. But all things considered, I’d say he’s borderline untouchable. When was the last time you could say that about a Bills player? It’s an incredible feeling. Who (right now) would you trade Josh Allen for straight up? Anybody?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How many guys in the NFL would you trade Josh for?  Mahomes maybe? Even that isn’t a definite with his contract.  It’s not to say that Josh Allen is the best player in the league. He might not even be the best player on the Bills. But all things considered, I’d say he’s borderline untouchable. When was the last time you could say that about a Bills player? It’s an incredible feeling. Who (right now) would you trade Josh Allen for straight up? Anybody?

I may be in the minority but he’s untouchable.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not trading him.  

He’s not Mahomes... yet ... but he has the unlimited ceiling of “best QB in the NFL”, the talent/desire to get there, and is what you’d design in a marketing department to be the face of the Buffalo Bills.  

• Like (+1) 2

I initially said Mahomes in the original thread.  At this point, I wouldn’t even do that.  Josh is my QB.  Mahomes wouldn’t feel like he’s MY qb.  When Josh wins us that SB, it’ll just make it THAT much sweeter that MY qb brought us to the promised land

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Anyone who wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes is out of their mind delusional. 

This is really Josh’s first year with a legit # 1 WR and a good surrounding cast of playmakers , I think his ceiling is so high that ( IMO )  hasn’t even scratched the surface  , and just take a look what he’s doing right now he’s already a top 5 QB in almost every category , 

I really believe he’ll be right there with Mahomes as the leagues best QB for years !! 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Back the Blue said:

Anyone who wouldn’t trade Allen for Mahomes is out of their mind delusional. 

The question can’t exist in a vacuum. This is the first competent offense Josh has worked in, Mahomes has had every toy imaginable his entire career, including a hall of fame play caller. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Right now.......NFL players in order of desirability in trade IMO:

1.Mahomes

2.Russ

3.Watson

4.Allen

5.Murray

6.Herbert

Watson thru Allen different teams might move them around but Mahomes and Russ are the top 2.    Even at Russ' age.......he looks like a guy who has 7-8 years of this left in him which is worth the potential of the next 4 guys on the list rising to his level and playing 10-15 more years.

The big faller is Lamar Jackson........he would have been top 4 before the season.......and I don't think he's out of the top 10 yet.........he hasn't passed as well as hoped but his potential as a passer is still very high.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

So many reasons to not even consider trading him. Mahomes is the only one that's possibly more valuable. Some new talent coming up, but none necessarily with more long term success likely than Allen. We hit paydirt with the 7th overall pick.