Who is your favorite PUNTER in Bills History?

LB48

Moorman. He’s one of my all-time favorite Bills.

One of my favorite memories is when he brought him Back after we cut him in 2013. In his first punt back, the crowd went nuts. He then proceeds to hit this coffin corner kick that goes out of bounds inside the 1/2 yard line. The crowd was beside itself. The TV announcers were all confused, saying, “um, I’ve never quite heard a Reception like this for a punter.”

19 hours ago, RealKayAdams said:

My Lord...and here I was worried that my Bills dynasty thread would be a real snoozer...can't wait for the bye weekend to be over...

I'm voting for Corey Bojorquez solely because of that 12-yard punt. AMAZING.

The hang time was incredible.

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

I met Paul.  Funny guy and good story teller.  He is my pick for favorite punter too. 

Yes, and I remember Paul talking about "shanking" a punt as well....so, those of you who can't believe Cory B did that last week need to know that shanking is a punters nightmare, cause it happens sometimes, especially on windy circumstances.

I wonder what punter had the longest term w the Bills.  I think John Kidd was here 9 years....a good run.  Moorman was here, then in Dallas, but back here?  I cant' recall the detail.

19 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

Moorman for sure. Had a great show on local TV for a few years, went to a pro bowl. 

You could even argue he was our best player on some of the bad teams during the drought. 

He was a track athlete too and was great running on fake punts for first downs

31 minutes ago, Irish Dave said:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Nick Mickemeyer.   He was during the Joe Ferguson era.  He was in the Bills 12 days of Christmas song!  

Mikemayer was a placekicker, not a punter. I liked him, but those were my formative Bills years and probably liked everyone then.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

He was a top college hurdler.  Could even teach Josh a thing or two about hurdling LBs.

Brian Moorman earned All-America honors on ten occasions, including three straight NCAA Division II national championships in the 400 meter hurdles (1997–99).

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/the_best_nfl_players_never_to_play_in_the_postseason/s1__29242385#slide_8

Moorman never played a single postseason game, making him the only member of the NFL's 2000 All-Decade team to never play in a playoff game.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:51 PM, Beast said:

I don’t recall liking any punter.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:54 PM, Victory Formation said:

You should really start using the search function more before you start threads.. I’m sure this topic has already been discussed.

22 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The bye week must be really boring for a thread talking about their favorite punter.

17 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Punters. LOL.

Consider the source, folks.

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Consider the source, folks.

Can he set some sort of record with three locked threads on the front page?  Really cement his "I overestimate my own intelligence" bye week legacy of creating "thought provoking" threads to fill the news void.

14 hours ago, matter2003 said:

he was also surprisingly good at throwing on fake punts and kicks. He had at least two fake punts when he threw the ball out to the gunner for big gains. And he had three fake FG’s, where he rolled out and threw for TD’s (all to Ryan Denney, I believe). 

I didn't get to WNY until 1971, so Maguire was before my time, but my best memory of him was in 1986 he was on the NBC pregame show.  At one point in the season the Jets were 10-1, and he said they wouldn't win another game that season.  The Jets lost their final 5 games and every week Maguire would get an I told you so moment.  

On 11/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, Ralonzo said:

Bojorquez is the closest thing you can get to Marv Boomer Bateman, you never knew if you were gonna get the 70 yard boomer or the 15 yard shank.

Considering he leads the NFL in punting average common sense says far more boomers.