Who is your favorite PUNTER in Bills History?

LB48

Brian Moorman who held the position for 12 years?   Chris Mohr during the Glory years?

My favorite is Colton Schmidt who was with the team during 2014-2017.  They were NOT Glory years.  During his 4 years he averaged 44.0 yards per punt with zero blocked.  He had a tough attitude for a punter.

• Like (+1) 1

Goodness, quite the reach.....yet here I am.  🤷‍♂️

Moorman is the obvious answer. I’ll go with Paul Maguire. I believe he had a punt go up, get caught in the wind in the Rockpile and blow back for negative yardage. Things you’ll never forget. He was the punter in my formative years. 

My dad took me not only to the games, but I remember a trip to Sestak & Maguire’s back in the day for lunch. It’s partly the football, but often more the family times you remember.  It’s a bond that goes deep. 

EDIT: Just looked it up and he died of a heart attack at the age of 51. That is WAY too early. Great Bill, liked him in the booth. Sad loss of a member of the Bills family. 

Latest Edit: It was Sestak who left us way too soon. Apparently Paul is still with us, I’m happy to hear. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 8

I am going with Paul Maguire :)

How many punters have 9 career interceptions? ;) 

I know he played LB too ;)

How many punters play LB? ;) 

Plus I liked him in the booth he called NFL,CFL and USFL games along with College.

• Like (+1) 8

Just now, Doc said:

Huh?  Paul Maguire is 82 and still alive.

My bad!!!

Sestak died of a heart attack at the age of 51. Be well and live long, Paul!

Looked up the restaurant and messed up the details. 

1 hour ago, LB48 said:

Brian Moorman who held the position for 12 years?   Chris Mohr during the Glory years?

My favorite is Colton Schmidt who was with the team during 2014-2017.  They were NOT Glory years.  During his 4 years he averaged 44.0 yards per punt with zero blocked.  He had a tough attitude for a punter.

Really running out of new topics to start, eh? I’m glad you aren’t letting it stop you. 

• Haha (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He was one of the 20 players of AFL who played all years.

he had a a 42.1 yards per punt average with the Bills.  Paul punted for 23,249 yards total which is the 3rd highest in Buffalo history.

• Like (+1) 2