Bills WR Coach Chad Hall presiding over league’s most productive WR corps

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Well, in football, players run plays and execute based on coaching. Diggs is doing things he never did in the past, his stutter routes for example. Bease and Diggs developed these in the past year. I wonder if..... wait, no.. coaching has nothing to do with it. 

Their mesh points, their break points, top of route releases, etc. That can all be natural but become better with good coaching. I don't think Diggs is saying he's the best coach he's ever had, just to say it. It's ok to give some positive comments on our coaching. 

Diggs is definitely doing a lot of nuanced things

But I saw a lot of him in Minnesota and he definitely already had the stutter stop in his route development

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I remember wondering how much he had to do with Foster's resurgence in 2018 when he came back from the practice squad.

Chad Hall didn't become Wide Receivers Coach until February 2019

7 hours ago, Logic said:

Diggs calling him “one of, if not the best coach I’ve ever had” is extremely high praise.

FWIW, Beasley has said similar high-praise things, saying that because Hall has played he can see what's going on in the field in a different way and make specific, useful suggestions about how to counter it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chad Hall didn't become Wide Receivers Coach until February 2019

Right but he was the assistant working primarily with WRs and was promoted with the guy ahead of him getting fired, and the only real positive thing for WRs coming out of 2018 was Foster.

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Right but he was the assistant working primarily with WRs and was promoted with the guy ahead of him getting fired, and the only real positive thing for WRs coming out of 2018 was Foster.

OK, but if he gets credit for Foster stepping up after being benched in 2018, does he get blame for Foster falling off in 2019 after he became WR coach?

10 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I thought it was Beasley in the picture!   

Dancing:  TD dances have improved. 

Also, if you look at stats Beasley is a legit pro bowl contender.  If you watch the games, you know for sure he is. 

Can we agree that Beasley has individually improved his hands this season? The guy snatches passes this year in ways I never saw from him before. Amazing catches almost every week.

I wonder if that's some of the Diggs effect. The entire position group came out in the first four weeks on fire. Really helped their QB in ways I hadn't seen out of a Bills WR group in almost 20 years. Think of how many times now Beasley has gone UP for passes and snagged them in spectacular fashion (like a #1 type guy). He does it basically every week. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Diggs is definitely doing a lot of nuanced things

But I saw a lot of him in Minnesota and he definitely already had the stutter stop in his route development

I meant his little stutter off the line, not at the top of the route. I think he learned a little bit from Beas too. He absolutely did it on occasion but like you said, his added nuances, I believe come from coaching/ being around Beas, etc. 

His route running has always been insanely good... i just think it's at another level now. 

20 hours ago, ngbills said:

Haha. One reason why...Chad Hall. Try a few reasons why but number one reason is a guy names Stefon Diggs. Number two is an improved Josh Allen. Not trying to hate on Chad Hall but there are a ton of WR coaches that would be successful with the throwing the ball as much as we do, this QB and WR's. 

Diggs is amazing, and Josh Allen improving is a big factor, sure.  But I think Chad Hall likely does deserve props.  I'm seeing a different edge to the Bills WR this year.  They go up for and throw themselves down for catches they didn't make last year.  They turn upfield and go for a few extra yards in a way they didn't last year.  They come back to the QB.  They seem better aware of where the sideline is and get their feet down more often.  As a late round rookie, Gabriel Davis has done better than I ever expected. 

It's hard to know what else is a factor - recovery from injuries and so forth - but I've been impressed by what I've seen and I'm fine with laying some of that on the coaching.