Bills WR Coach Chad Hall presiding over league’s most productive WR corps

YoloinOhio

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- In two seasons under coach Chad Hall, the Buffalo Bills’ wide receiver room has morphed from a laughingstock into one of the best in the NFL as the team enters its bye week at 7-3.

From 2017 to 2018, Buffalo wide receivers ranked dead last in the NFL in yards, receptions, first downs and receptions per target and 30th in receiving touchdowns. They have made huge strides in two seasons under Hall. This season they lead the NFL in receiving yards (2,371), receptions per game (19.4), first downs (114) and receptions per target (72.1%). They're second in touchdowns (14).

GM Brandon Beane deserves credit for adding veterans Stefon Diggs, John Brown and Cole Beasley. Each has enjoyed the best season of his career with the Bills. But there's a reason: They all have resounding respect for Hall, his coaching, the energy he inspires and experience he brings as a former player.

His immediate success with the Bills after being traded from the Minnesota Vikings in March has been one of the biggest stories in the NFL this season and comes after Brown set career highs in catches and yards last season. And Beasley is on pace for the first 1,000-yard season of his nine-year career.

Diggs credited Hall with helping him acclimate.

"I give almost 100% credit to Chad Hall," Diggs said. "He puts a lot of extra time in. I just told him recently, he's probably one of the best coaches, if not the best coach, I've ever had as far as mentally preparing me and mentally getting me ready for the game."

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was wondering who that surfer dude was on the sidelines. 

I thought it was Beasley in the picture!   

Dancing:  TD dances have improved. 

Also, if you look at stats Beasley is a legit pro bowl contender.  If you watch the games, you know for sure he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was wondering who that surfer dude was on the sidelines. 

Fun fact: his sister is Matthew Stafford’s wife 

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I thought it was Beasley in the picture!   

Dancing:  TD dances have improved. 

Also, if you look at stats Beasley is a legit pro bowl contender.  If you watch the games, you know for sure he is. 

Bease is a beast. X factor. 

• Like (+1) 1

Haha. One reason why...Chad Hall. Try a few reasons why but number one reason is a guy names Stefon Diggs. Number two is an improved Josh Allen. Not trying to hate on Chad Hall but there are a ton of WR coaches that would be successful with the throwing the ball as much as we do, this QB and WR's. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Haha. One reason why...Chad Hall. Try a few reasons why but number one reason is a guy names Stefon Diggs. Number two is an improved Josh Allen. Not trying to hate on Chad Hall but there are a ton of WR coaches that would be successful with the throwing the ball as much as we do, this QB and WR's. 

It says that in the article. I only put in a few snippets. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well, in football, players run plays and execute based on coaching. Diggs is doing things he never did in the past, his stutter routes for example. Bease and Diggs developed these in the past year. I wonder if..... wait, no.. coaching has nothing to do with it. 

Their mesh points, their break points, top of route releases, etc. That can all be natural but become better with good coaching. I don't think Diggs is saying he's the best coach he's ever had, just to say it. It's ok to give some positive comments on our coaching. 

Edited by warrior9

31 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I mean I remember wondering how much he had to do with Foster's resurgence in 2018 when he came back from the practice squad.