Good Hughes article By John Wawrow

Punching Bag

https://pro32.ap.org/article/bills-hughes-isnt-mellowing-growing-wiser-age

What's different is how he's chosen to channel his Mr. Hyde alter ego — the one former teammate Kyle Williams once affectionately dubbed as “Gary” — for the greater good in emerging as one of the team’s unquestioned leaders.

So Gary is Hyde's first name.

Rather than being easy for someone more accustomed to leading by example on the field than vocally in the locker room, Hughes considered his change in approach necessary. He is filling a void following the departures of Williams and linebacker Lorenzo Alexander over each of the past two seasons.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Always one of my favorite players. I can imagine Jerry had a few Choice words for a Rex Ryan and his defense

Always one of my favorite players. I can imagine Jerry had a few Choice words for a Rex Ryan and his defense

I’m gonna go and get the papers, get the papers.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Great article......made me think of those "Voice of the Game" articles on The Players Tribune.  Glad to see/hear he is stabilizing.  Kinda understand a bit more as to why he was getting those BAT SHEET crazy Unsportsmanlike penalties he was picking up with regularity year in and year out.

Nice to meet ya Gary - now go take off some QB heads will ya! 😈 

On 11/20/2020 at 12:19 PM, Comebackkid said:

You can say that again.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Actually I was talking in recent weeks, but no, I wasn't kidding. have you seen how disruptive he has been?

IMO Poyer has been the best and most important player followed by Hughes then Tre.

He has even thru some shifts been in a line backer.

• Like (+1) 1