Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

as a saints season ticket holder I’m more invested in his success than anyone here. And like having the guy on the team. 

he played a good game from a backup qb.

but that TD called back was very much underthrown.... and if giving him credit for plays called back can I take off credit for that deep ball where the punter could’ve gotten it there more accurately? Late and behind are common issues he’s had and those were still on display today.

wasnt a peterman fan - didn’t think he had the arm no matter what college or pre-season stats were or what a good guy he is 

enjoyed fitz- didn’t think he or that season with the fast start was sustainable because of skill concerns 

like taysom a lot as a player, but not as a franchise qb. 

He’s Kordell Stewart 2020. But I think Kodell was a much better passer. He floated some that were badly under thrown. I think his arm is weaker than Brees, even though Brees doesn’t throw deep much at all anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

He’s Kordell Stewart 2020. But I think Kodell was a much better passer. He floated some that were badly under thrown. I think his arm is weaker than Brees, even though Brees doesn’t throw deep much at all anymore.

That is exactly what I suggested - make him a slash quarterback to make defense have to adjust to possibilities in back field but let crab legs be primary QB.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Probably not the most accurate comparison since Hill's been in the league for some time now.

Not sure most saw this coming and will be interesting to if it continues or a fluke.

Yeah, I know...I was just playing with TBBills comparison.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

You don't necessarily have to hate a player to think he doesn't have what it takes to play in the NFL.  Hill isn't in the AFC, much less AFC East, and he doesn't get into trouble or make controversial statements, so there's no reason to hate him.

I don't think anyone can say he doesn't have what it takes to make it in the NFL because they haven't seen him play QB in the NFL. So that opinion is just kind of strange to me.

But I guess people make judgements about players all the time without giving them much of a chance to prove it one way or the other.

I just remember in college he was a pretty electric player both throwing and running it. He just got hurt all the time.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, I'm not prepared to eat a crow pie on Taysom Hill just yet.  I'd like to see him face a better team first, and I only saw pieces of the game

But I will roll out a pie crust and have it ready to go in the freezer.

He generated far more passing offense than I thought he would

NO defense is FIERCE though

Hill played well.  Payton put him in good position to succeed.  Your point is spot on.  See how he does against a better defense. 

9 hours ago, Nitro said:

Hill played well.  Payton put him in good position to succeed.  Your point is spot on.  See how he does against a better defense. 

Some people just hate to admit they were wrong.....  

78% completion % (including a drop), 50 yards rushing & 2 TD's....  Yet some find fault in it.....  Wow....

Proper coaching, weapons around him, good position to be in, not sure why anyone is surprised.

Edited by Billsfan1972

On 11/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, Process said:

Sean Payton is such a clown. 

You have to think this is them feeling pressure to justify giving a gadget player $20M. If contracts were reversed any chance they start Hill? No way. 

Also just to be clear... I think winston is awful and has no business starting in the NFL. But Taysom Hill????? I mean come on.

This aged well...

22 minutes ago, McGahee said:

This aged well...

Haha

Did you watch the game? They played the falcons. The falcons scored 9 points. 

They didn't win because of taysom hill lmao. He looked aa expected, not an NFL qb. 

Wait until he plays a real team . Lucky for the saints, that won't happen for a while, they play the broncos and falcons again the next two weeks. 

He has barely played as a pure NFL QB yet people expect him to be good right off the bat?

I like to watch him play as he is entertaining. Is he starting QB caliber? No clue, but I too don't get all the vitriol sent his way.

Sure the offense was simplified for him and all that, but it is for most young or backup QBs until they gain experience. How surprising...

1 hour ago, Process said:

Haha

Did you watch the game? They played the falcons. The falcons scored 9 points. 

They didn't win because of taysom hill lmao. He looked aa expected, not an NFL qb. 

Wait until he plays a real team . Lucky for the saints, that won't happen for a while, they play the broncos and falcons again the next two weeks. 

Yes I did.....18-23 (one drop) for 230 (225 through 3), 50 yards rushing & 2 TDs (another called back).....  You're really nit-picking to find fault.

It’s not Saints responsibility to compare TH to all NFL qb’s. They wisely played him over JW in this game. I think he’s a weapon. In the beginning I thought it was silly. But SP pulling a first ballot HF qb in certain situations is pretty bold. And it’s paying off!

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Some people just hate to admit they were wrong.....  

78% completion % (including a drop), 50 yards rushing & 2 TD's....  Yet some find fault in it.....  Wow....

Proper coaching, weapons around him, good position to be in, not sure why anyone is surprised.

I was one who said he would succeed.