Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We'll see!

Who is this @diannaESPN Schefter is using as his source?

Is she the one that reported that Murphy and Phillips would be healthy scratches for the Bills before the KC game?

I guess that answers my question about what "starting QB" and "reps with the starters" means, but...yowza.

I mean, I guess Crab Legs only generated 52 net yds  of offense (not including the kneel-downs) in the 2nd half - which is something like 12 yds less than Taysom Hill generated in the 2nd half, and 52 yds of passing offense more than Hill?

Interesting times.

2 hours ago, Blokestradamus said:

With the appreciation that Payton has for Hill, there's every chance that they've been working on a gameplan for him in case Brees gets hurt. Something like the Pats/Texans game in 2016 when they had to start Brissett on a short week and went full triple option on them. Brissett went 11/19 but they had the Texans completely turned around with trickery.

I could be wrong, but somehow I don't see Sean Payton as a diplomate of the Bill Belicheck School of Football Trickery

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who is this @diannaESPN Schefter is using as his source?

Is she the one that reported that Murphy and Phillips would be healthy scratches for the Bills before the KC game?

I guess that answers my question about what "starting QB" and "reps with the starters" means, but...yowza.

I mean, I guess Crab Legs only generated 52 net yds  of offense (not including the kneel-downs) in the 2nd half - which is something like 12 yds less than Taysom Hill generated in the 2nd half, and 52 yds of passing offense more than Hill?

Interesting times.

Diana russinni and espn reporter

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's not an NFL QB.  Never has been.  Why start now?

Replacing Brees with Hill would slam all windows shut.

though after this week he may get more completions (11 career) than tackles (14 career) so that’ll be a step towards qb!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’ll never understand Payton’s massive hard on for Hill

Where were you during the Peterman era?

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Wow!  Gotta be disciplinary.  Maybe he told Sean Payton that he was gonna ***** his wife right in her *****.

Think Payton caught him eating crab legs?😎

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong, but somehow I don't see Sean Payton as a diplomate of the Bill Belicheck School of Football Trickery

Nope, you're not wrong. He's straight out of the PARCELLS School of Football Trickery.

And, to be fair, I think Bill Parcells was a more progressive coach than he later sounded like on TV. And of course, the Belichick coaching tree actually branches OFF the Parcells coaching tree, so...

I don't even remember what we're talking about.

43 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Nope, you're not wrong. He's straight out of the PARCELLS School of Football Trickery.

And, to be fair, I think Bill Parcells was a more progressive coach than he later sounded like on TV. And of course, the Belichick coaching tree actually branches OFF the Parcells coaching tree, so...

Something about a forest 🌳 I think 

Edited by Putin

19 hours ago, Process said:

Sean Payton is such a clown. 

You have to think this is them feeling pressure to justify giving a gadget player $20M. If contracts were reversed any chance they start Hill? No way. 

Also just to be clear... I think winston is awful and has no business starting in the NFL. But Taysom Hill????? I mean come on.

But he got Lasik. Maybe he can see defenders now.

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Noggin, do you need to borrow a couple of my kid’s Concerta?  Just kidding, just a joke and that’s against the law if my kids actually took it.  Anyway, I agree Parcells was very innovative, and on Payton, I don’t trust anything he says he’s going to do.  I could easily see Winston on the field starting from the first snap.  Quite honestly, I really don’t care as I live in a town that’s a division rivalry.

• Like (+1) 1