Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Will switch from ESPN to yahoo for fantasy next season.  Ridiculous.  Puts fantasy league commissioners in a tough spot.

I’ve seen some calling for commissioners to have an agreement in their league to not play him at TE since ESPN hasn’t made the switch. My commissioner won’t do anything - I’m sure of that. 

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve seen some calling for commissioners to have an agreement in their league to not play him at TE since ESPN hasn’t made the switch. My commissioner won’t do anything - I’m sure of that. 

The problem is I'm the commissioner and my opponent this week has him starting at TE.  LOL.  He'll pry be designated only as a QB next week.  Really stupid decision by ESPN.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I drafted him as a high upside depth pick i would want to play him at his listed position. Should’ve addressed it with the league before the draft of the TE designation was an issue.

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If I drafted him as a high upside depth pick i would want to play him at his listed position. Should’ve addressed it with the league before the draft of the TE designation was an issue.

Yeah.  I'm just getting angry texts right now.  LOL.  It's a $500 buy in league so people are pissed as he's right in the thick of the playoff race.

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m not surprised Sean Payton loves this kid and wouldn’t be surprised if they just tell Jamies this didn’t workout the way we thought 

Or Payton is trying to see if he has the chops to be a QB so he knows what to do this offseason when Brees retires. As I can't see Brees coming back as his arm is shot, he's getting hurt and the Saints window for another title could be closing. 

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The problem is I'm the commissioner and my opponent this week has him starting at TE.  LOL.  He'll pry be designated only as a QB next week.  Really stupid decision by ESPN.

That's a tough spot to be in. ESPN confirmed that he'll have a TE designation Sunday and reassess after. I'm biased because I picked him up yesterday because Schultz and Burton have done next to nothing. I figured with Brees out, he may throw a few. I didn't expect this. I don't think many did. What if Payton is playing games and it's a 70/30 split with Winston?

Like I said, tough spot.

Edited by gomper
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

He didn't draft him but he should get credit picking up as a free agent.  Whatever.  Fricken 2020.

44 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I’ll never get the hatred that some fans and the media have for Hill.  Everyone he touches the ball, people want to point how much he sucks.  He hasn’t exactly blown me away his play either but I can accept that he is what he is - a gadget player.  I just don’t feel he should be as polarizing as he currently has been

I don't know either.  He's an explosive athlete who clearly loves the game.  The dude is all smiles.

Then I see the Tebow references and disparaging his Mormon religion and I think I can figure out the reason.

Just watch the game and be entertained!

13 minutes ago, DaggersEOD said:

I don't know either.  He's an explosive athlete who clearly loves the game.  The dude is all smiles.

Then I see the Tebow references and disparaging his Mormon religion and I think I can figure out the reason.

Just watch the game and be entertained!

I don’t see anyone disparaging his faith. It’s a fact that QB’s who can’t throw the ball have a poor track record in the NFL. The Tebow comparison isn’t perfect, but it is there. I don’t know anyone hating on Hill because his faith, that’s simply untrue. Hill isn’t even outspoken about his faith in the same way that Tebow was. Everything about Hill as a person actually helps him fit the mold of an NFL fan favorite imo. He’s the perfect image of what the average NFL fan wants from a player, the only problem is his skill set at the QB position. Sean Payton is one of the few who see him as potential franchise QB material. 

Edited by SirAndrew

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  I'm just getting angry texts right now.  LOL.  It's a $500 buy in league so people are pissed as he's right in the thick of the playoff race.

I’m only in a $100 league and I’m pissed about it. $500 league?  I can understand the anger. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m not surprised Sean Payton loves this kid and wouldn’t be surprised if they just tell Jamies this didn’t workout the way we thought 

Payton: "Jameis, this just isn't working out"

Jameis: "I promise, just give me a chance and I'll prove I'm the man for the job"

Payton :"It's not you, it's me"

Lol

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So much for my fantasy claim 

Fantasy tip.  Hill remains listed as a TE in ESPN's Fantasy game and he's projected to score 28pts.  Not bad for a TE :) 

EDIT > sorry, I see this has already been covered above.

Edited by Pokebball

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I’ll never get the hatred that some fans and the media have for Hill.  Everyone he touches the ball, people want to point how much he sucks.  He hasn’t exactly blown me away his play either but I can accept that he is what he is - a gadget player.  I just don’t feel he should be as polarizing as he currently has been

It’s just two schools of thought, and I understand yours. I just think many of us will never comprehend why you’d take one of the greatest QB’s of all time off the field for a backup. If I’m losing a game, I want it to be in Brees hands. I couldn’t live with myself as a coach if I lost a game because my backup QB fumbled, when it could have been in the hands of one of the GOAT’s. Hill takes the brunt of the criticism for Sean Payton’s need to be the smartest guy in the room. 

5 hours ago, Buftex said:

I wonder if this is a case of Sean Payton just being "Sean Payton", with his tendencies to always do the unexpected, or if he really thinks Hill gives him a better shot at winning than Winston does.  Hill gives Payton a chance/excuse to gamble a bit. Might be very fun to watch.

I think that the Saints would like to see what they have in Hill in case this is Brees' last year.

• Like (+1) 1