Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Thats fair. I wouldnt be shocked if he goes 10-20 for 100 yards. His arm talent is ok at best. But given Sean peyton and hill being a duel threat QB, I could see him being very effective, especially against a bad defense in Atlanta

The Saints defense has also been decent, and the Falcons are definitely a weaker opponent. It’s possible the Saints believe Hill gives them the best chance to play a clean game. Hill might not do much, but Winston can lose a game singlehandedly. Maybe they have a conservative game plan meant to escape with wins while Brees is out. Hill might win some games, I’m just skeptical about him as a long term answer, and that’s the other possible reason Payton wants to start him. Payton has been all in on Hill, and it confuses me why they signed Winston. 

13 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Thats fair. I wouldnt be shocked if he goes 10-20 for 100 yards. His arm talent is ok at best. But given Sean peyton and hill being a duel threat QB, I could see him being very effective, especially against a bad defense in Atlanta

I could see him winning the game, for sure

though I’m curious if this wakes Atlanta up a little bit. It’s a rivalry game and to have Hill trotted out might be a little extra “oh hell no we aren’t losing this to taysom hill” as silly as that sounds. 

33 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Man my New TE is going to be able to get starting QB points.  My Leagues are pissed at me lol

until he throws for 72 yards and 2 picks before being benched at halftime with a -5.5 score. 

jokes aside it’s quite the spot to have this happen just before fantasy playoffs. If he plays well it’s a huge wildcard.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I just assume Hill play the first snap so he technically starts, then Winston comes in. Hill is not a QB IMO. I feel like it’s a way to get a team to prepare for both guys.

why even play that game though? I could see not naming a starter or lying about it but why would you have him take the snap? Principle?

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

until he throws for 72 yards and 2 picks before being benched at halftime with a -5.5 score. 

jokes aside it’s quite the spot to have this happen just before fantasy playoffs. If he plays well it’s a huge wildcard.

why even play that game though? I could see not naming a starter or lying about it but why would you have him take the snap? Principle?

Idk I’m not the one doing it. I don’t know why you would name the starter regardless. Why even bother? I just expect Winston to play.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But the thing is, there’s no obligation to stick to this. There would be no punishment if they just put Winston in. Maybe the saints want to see what the have in Hill. They pay him a ton. I think it’s a mistake but to each their own. 

Fully agree. That's why I left it as "we'll see".

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

FYI if you play fantasy on ESPN, you can still use taysom hill in the TE spot this week 

I picked him up yesterday on ESPN because my TE's haven't really done anything all season. So, I have 2 QB's starting? Lol. Awesome!

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So much for my fantasy claim 

I’ll never get the hatred that some fans and the media have for Hill.  Everyone he touches the ball, people want to point how much he sucks.  He hasn’t exactly blown me away his play either but I can accept that he is what he is - a gadget player.  I just don’t feel he should be as polarizing as he currently has been