Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston

YoloinOhio

I'm in a pivotal matchup in my fantasy football league (on the ESPN Fantasy platform) for a decent amount of money, and my opponent has Taysom Hill.

This wouldn't bother me, except that ESPN lists Hill as TE/QB, meaning my opponent is able to play him at the TE spot, where he is projected to have 21.2 points.

Absolutely indefensible decision by ESPN Fantasy. The second he was announced as the starting QB this coming Sunday, they should have removed his "TE" designation.

Lame, lame, lame.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They are paying Hill 21 Million. He should absolutely be starting this weekend if he is really the QB of the future down there

It does make sense from that prospective. My issue is the fact that anyone would view Hill as possible franchise QB. I don’t understand how anyone sees that potential, and the Saints will actually benefit in the long run if Hill plays terribly. The worse case scenario is Hill fooling Payton into thinking he has his guy. Sean Payton is just a strange coach to me. 

16 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Hey!  Thirty is a kid when you’re my age!

But, yeah, you’d think Saints coaches would be well aware of his ability to play QB by this time.  I’m not a big Winston fan, but I’ve seen nothing from Hill that makes me think he will be close to as good as even Winston is. 

having seen all his snaps...this will be Tebow-esque I think.

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

They are paying Hill 21 Million. He should absolutely be starting this weekend if he is really the QB of the future down there

I just can’t see him as that guy unless the goal is bottom out for the next pick. But you wouldn’t play that game in a playoff race. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

I'm in a pivotal matchup in my fantasy football league (on the ESPN Fantasy platform) for a decent amount of money, and my opponent has Taysom Hill.

This wouldn't bother me, except that ESPN lists Hill as TE/QB, meaning my opponent is able to play him at the TE spot, where he is projected to have 21.2 points.

Absolutely indefensible decision by ESPN Fantasy. The second he was announced as the starting QB this coming Sunday, they should have removed his "TE" designation.

Lame, lame, lame.

you knew his role and position all year. He’s always been a potential qb. Got to stay consistent with his position once people draft him knowing the low expected output but high upside 

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

It does make sense from that prospective. My issue is the fact that anyone would view Hill as possible franchise QB. I don’t understand how anyone sees that potential, and the Saints will actually benefit in the long run if Hill plays terribly. The worse case scenario is Hill fooling Payton into thinking he has his guy. Sean Payton is just a strange coach to me. 

I could see it working honestly. Hill is a pretty explosive player and an incredible athlete. If he is an average passer, they could be pretty dangerous 

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I could see it working honestly. Hill is a pretty explosive player and an incredible athlete. If he is an average passer, they could be pretty dangerous 

he’s not an average passer and you can no longer be an explosive impact runner once you have to start protecting your shoulder 

21 minutes ago, Logic said:

Lame, lame, lame.

Yea that's BS. I'm not in any espn leagues but I'd be pissed if my opponent had him and was allowed to play him at TE. 

• Like (+1) 1

My guess: more about Payton giving Hill a chance to show he is the QB of the future than it is about winning this week. And really: he does give you as good a chance to win as Winston anyway, since Jamie’s could very easily throw 3 picks. 
As to the Tebow comparison: Tebow wasn’t pretty, but that experiment (also borne of desperation) worked. He won more than he lost, and he didn’t give away any games the Broncs should have won, unlike Jameis. And Hill may or may not have and NFL arm, but he sure as heck has a better arm than Tebow. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I’ll never say never before someone gets a chance, but I just don’t see it. Hill is basically Mormon Tebow in my eyes. I see a one dimensional running QB that teams will be able to load the box against. His throwing motion is awkward, he has that Tebow like muscular build that makes throwing awkward, and he’s never had to win an NFL game with his arm, but he’s 30 years old. A 30 year old “athlete” style of QB with questionable arm talent isn’t where I’d place my bets. 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

he’s not an average passer and you can no longer be an explosive impact runner once you have to start protecting your shoulder 

Exactly. A thirty year old first time starter who can’t throw the ball isn’t the direction I want my franchise to go. This is what I don’t understand about Payton’s love towards Hill. 

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Would you take Payton as OC of the Bills when he gets fired by the Saints in a year or so?

Maybe, if you can promise we don’t take Allen off the field for Fromm to take important reps. 

5 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I’ll never say never before someone gets a chance, but I just don’t see it. Hill is basically Mormon Tebow in my eyes. I see a one dimensional running QB that teams will be able to load the box against. His throwing motion is awkward, he has that Tebow like muscular build that makes throwing awkward, and he’s never had to win an NFL game with his arm, but he’s 30 years old. A 30 year old “athlete” style of QB with questionable arm talent isn’t where I’d place my bets. 

Thats fair. I wouldnt be shocked if he goes 10-20 for 100 yards. His arm talent is ok at best. But given Sean peyton and hill being a duel threat QB, I could see him being very effective, especially against a bad defense in Atlanta

• Like (+1) 1