Saints to start Taysom Hill over Jameis Winston

YoloinOhio

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m not surprised Sean Payton loves this kid and wouldn’t be surprised if they just tell Jamies this didn’t workout the way we thought 

Seems like Winston would be the better choice from a passing game perspective but he must look turrible in practice. 

• Like (+1) 2

I wonder if this is a case of Sean Payton just being "Sean Payton", with his tendencies to always do the unexpected, or if he really thinks Hill gives him a better shot at winning than Winston does.  Hill gives Payton a chance/excuse to gamble a bit. Might be very fun to watch.

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nice arbitrage play. Yahoo has him at QBs 😞 

I am still wondering if he is worth starting as a straight QB. He obviously has a good matchup this week. I can sort of seeing him exploding-- like 150 yards rushing plus whatever he can get passing. I have Ben R as my other QB, so I'm not sure what to do. 

Sean Payton is such a clown. 

You have to think this is them feeling pressure to justify giving a gadget player $20M. If contracts were reversed any chance they start Hill? No way. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

You have to think this is them feeling pressure to justify giving a gadget player $20M. If contracts were reversed any chance they start Hill? No way. 

Also just to be clear... I think winston is awful and has no business starting in the NFL. But Taysom Hill????? I mean come on.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am still wondering if he is worth starting as a straight QB. He obviously has a good matchup this week. I can sort of seeing him exploding-- like 150 yards rushing plus whatever he can get passing. I have Ben R as my other QB, so I'm not sure what to do. 

unknown. I expect him to be Tebow like. I don’t think anyone knows what to expect with him throwing 20-30 time a game, but also running 10-15. Maybe 2018 Tyrod is also a good comp. they are playing a pretty bad defense, so it will be an interesting gamble. 

But a bad QB usually scores better than a good tight end Even with differing positional scoring so starting there is likely a win. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

unknown. I expect him to be Tebow like. I don’t think anyone knows what to expect with him throwing 20-30 time a game, but also running 10-15. Maybe 2018 Tyrod is also a good comp. they are playing a pretty bad defense, so it will be an interesting gamble. 

But a bad QB usually scores better than a good tight end Even with differing positional scoring so starting there is likely a win. 

I was thinking Kordell Stewart. 

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Also just to be clear... I think winston is awful and has no business starting in the NFL. But Taysom Hill????? I mean come on.

Winston's not that bad.  I don't know that he should be starting anywhere at this point - but you could do so much worse with a backup.  I don't know that from a backup film-room guy he's that good or whatever, but if he came in and had to start games i'd feel better about him than every backup except maybe... Brissett, Keenum, Fitz.  Thats probably about it.

34 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

FYI if you play fantasy on ESPN, you can still use taysom hill in the TE spot this week 

Got Hill on waivers yesterday hoping he'd get a few more runs and maybe some passing attempts this week.  Lining up a QB in the TE spot feels really good.

2 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

My favorite taysom hill fact is that he is already THIRTY!!!

30!!!

Didnt he take 5 years off after college to go spread the word of Latter Day Saints?  If I recall correctly he was almost burned alive by the angry natives of central Florida.

• Thank you (+1) 1