Hear me out: We could very well win out

Alphadawg7

I agree that we can run tbe table, but more likely go 4-2 or 5-1, if we stay healthy down the stretch.

Here's how I rank our opponents, measured by concern.

1. NE (mauling oline, best secoundary we will face and of course BB). Regardless of record, worst matchup.

2. Pitt (Elite pass rushers, HOF QB)

3. Mia (humming right now on D, Brian Flores looks like the real deal.)

4. SF (elite running team, but too many injuries. Their Running game is more scheme based, and based on athletic lineman more so than the big maulers. I think we have more trouble with the maulers.

5.Chargers (Herbert)

6. Broncos (no concerns)

1 hour ago, Rk_Bills86 said:

A more promising point that I think some posters are getting at here is -- We're going to start after the bye with about as healthy of a team as we've had all year. Looking at the games:

Chargers - We come out of bye, healthy, this should be a W

49ners - Injury plagued team - We should treat this as the best possible way to prepare for the biggest challenge of the year. We need to be impressive with a W here

Steelers - When the season started, before the 9iners essentially died, I wanted us to split between the two opponents. I think, if healthy, we can get a W.

Broncos - We should win this

Pats - Pending record they might play back-ups - they aren't tanking... but they are evaluating and positioning for next year when they will have higher draft picks and get 8 players back from the COVID opt-out. Even if they play all of their starters, I think we still win.

Phins - If we are 2 games up - we're playing back ups

Could we win all 6? Sure. but 4-2 is more realistic and should be enough to get the job done. 

this is pretty much how i see it playing out.  if we do drop one of those other games i can see us beating miami with the starters in if we want/need the game. 

i do see it as critical that we beat the chargers coming out of the bye.

Eh, after that Arizona game I'm fairly convinced the Bills are a decent team, but not special.  They aren't going to be able to "impose their will" to win games like the Steelers or some other teams.  The Cardinals really took it to Buffalo in the 3rd and beginning of 4th Qtrs...and they Cards really aren't that good.  So that was disappointing. Good teams don't let that happen.

That being said I think the Bills go 3-3 in the final six and will finish 10-6.  

Probably will beat LA, SF and Miami.   But they will definitely lose a game or two that we all *think* they should win.

I had said in another thread that there is not a game remaining on the Bills' schedule that they can't possibly win.  Buffalo has the horses to beat Pittsburgh if players show up.  That said, I think 4-2 is probably a more likely result down the stretch.

8 hours ago, zow2 said:

Eh, after that Arizona game I'm fairly convinced the Bills are a decent team, but not special.  They aren't going to be able to "impose their will" to win games like the Steelers or some other teams.  The Cardinals really took it to Buffalo in the 3rd and beginning of 4th Qtrs...and they Cards really aren't that good.  So that was disappointing. Good teams don't let that happen.

Probably will beat LA, SF and Miami.   But they will definitely lose a game or two that we all *think* they should win.

Unfortunately kind of how I see it as well. We need to find ways to stop the run, and need to fix the third quarter issues. I’d like to be pleasantly surprised, but I think the Bills need to show us more before I’ll honestly feel they’re a team that’s ready to win in the post season.  We’ve had way too many games come down to the wire. Gotta start closing teams out. 

I do think this team is good enough to run the table. I see 3-3 being as likely as 6-0. More likely we finish 4-2. But for now I just want to put a beating on the Chargers. We got to keep pace with the Fins and also get that terrible last second loss behind us.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

On 11/20/2020 at 10:08 AM, zow2 said:

We’ve won 7 of 10 while playing with bunch of injuries ( IMO ) playing  the toughest part of our schedule,   now coming out of a bye week and healthy with Pittsburgh being the only team that will probably be underdogs you think will go 3-3 ? 

3 tough games 3 favored.  I can see Buffalo beating every team remaining.  Pitts has it flaws.  Buffalo has beat the most teams with a winning record.  Miamis defense is Belicheck lite.  Its man coverage with manufactored pressure.  They dont have the offspeed stuff Belicheck has up his sleeve.  Play zone make you run it type of weekly game plans.  Allen will have another huge day.  Can Tua win a shoot out in the snow?  I dont think he can.  Can Ne play another near flawless game?  I dont.  Buffalo wins 4 to 5 games remaining and week 17 doesnt matter.  

On 11/19/2020 at 12:12 PM, Greg S said:

Same. The Bills seem to matchup well against Miami. Even this years Pats team gave the Bills all they could handle. If not for a Newton fumble that game is either going to OT or the Pats win. I think the Bills can beat the Pats at NE but it will be a tough game especially in primetime.

Maybe it’s because we’ve owned the dolphins lately and the patriots have owned us for years, but I agree, the Pats game still seems harder.

Not saying our bills won’t win, they definitely can, it just seems like the tougher matchup between the two.

10 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

I rather have a 9-7 record with a Super Bowl trophy than a 12-4 record but eliminated from the playoffs. 

No s**t ?? 

8 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Maybe it’s because we’ve owned the dolphins lately and the patriots have owned us for years, but I agree, the Pats game still seems harder.

Not saying our bills won’t win, they definitely can, it just seems like the tougher matchup between the two.

Even this year when we played the dolphins I was never worried for a second but the pats***** game I was a nervous mess 

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

No s**t ?? 

Even this year when we played the dolphins I was never worried for a second but the pats***** game I was a nervous mess 

Putin, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The Pats game was interesting. On one hand, it seemed like we didn’t accomplish much since the Pats have been struggling this year. On the other hand, it was huge and a big monkey off our back’s.

It was definitely a weird game. I hope I’m describing my thoughts right as it’s hard to explain.