Hear me out: We could very well win out

Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, Kwai San said:

Thats a good laugh to me in that I just got corrected - rightly so - in a recent post.....we are loaded with frustrated HS English majors here!!!

Frustrated HIGH SCHOOL English major?!

How dare you. I'm a frustrated advanced degree holding English major, with the ridiculous debt to prove it.

hahahahahakillme

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I feel you on this OP! Agree with each of your game assessments, but would like to pile on the Dolphins—let’s call a spade a spade—Allen is quickly becoming to the Dolphins what Brady was to us in the division, or Kelly the kryptonite of Marino...for me the Steelers represent the biggest remaining challenge, but we’re certainly no worse than even odds to come out of that with a win too. 

7 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

I worry about the 49ers simply because of their running scheme and our inability to stop the run. Same with the Patriots.

They worry about our QB more. :w00t:

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Hear me out, we could also lose every game for the rest of the year. Just saying it’s possible. I also enjoy pineapple on my pizza from time to time

You’re the one.  Pineapple on pizza?  You’re dead to me.  😂. I get the sarcasm, and yes, we could win them all, we could lose them all, and we can go 3-3.

I like Dawg’s positive attitude.  The Steelers are a real test.  If we beat them, I’m feeling great about a deep run in the playoffs.  I can also see a version where we beat the Steelers, but lose a trap game.  I sincerely hope that is simply an irrational fear.

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve been looking at the schedule remaining, and there isn’t a game ahead we can’t win.  Does it mean we for sure win them all, of course not, but I don’t think it’s as crazy as some think to believe we go 5-1 or 6-0 down the stretch.  

Chargers:  Young promising QB makes them exciting or dangerous every week.  But they aren’t there yet and this should be a win as we are a better overall team and Allen should excel against that Chargers defense.  Fresh off a bye and healthy, I feel confident this will be a win.

29ers:  The team formerly known as the 49ers are basically half a team these days.  They are not gonna just roll over, but another game we are the better roster and clear favorite and feel confident in a win.

Steelers:  May be the least intimidating undefeated team this late in the season I’ve seen in a while.  They are a very good team, don’t get me wrong, and by far the toughest team remaining on our schedule.  But these guys are not always dominating and have shown to be vulnerable many weeks this year, even against lesser competition.  The defense isn’t as stout or feared as people believed coming into the season.  This will definitely be a major test for us, and I bet the Steelers will be the favorite, but I do like our chances to win this game.

Broncos:  I mean we are just the better team, that simple.  We should win this game.

Pats and Dolphins:  Divisional

foes are always tough no matter what the state of the teams are.  Add in both teams have been playing good football as of late, and it’s not easy to just pencil wins here.  But, I think we are still the better team over both and matchup well against both.  A lot is being made about Dolphins lately, but I still think they were more dangerous with Fitz than Tua.  Tua is the future and doing fine as the starter, but he isn’t there yet and I think we do better than most against mobile QBs.  So Tua is going to have to beat us with his arm and with the way Allen feasts on the Dolphins every game, I don’t think Tua can keep up with us in scoring.  

Im not predicting we win out, but for as much that has been made of our remaining schedule (especially compared to Dolphins), I’m not that uncomfortable with it and think we will still win at least 11 games, and 12 or 13 wins is still plausible despite some of the sky is falling thoughts around here.

Yeah, I have a similar feeling. I’m not predicting that we’ll go 6-0 but I could very much see us winning all of these games.

That’s why I’m not too concerned about the Dolphins at this point like a few are. I think they’ll fade at the end and won’t be able to keep pace with us.

it’s so refreshing to be able to look at the schedule and say we could win all of these games. It use to be that you’d have to invent ways to picture them winning. Now, the confidence is there. If we just play like we’re capable, we can do it!

For that matter, a super bowl win isn't out of the question. I feel like this season (in the NFL and college) a team doesn't need to be a dominant powerhouse to win it all. Too many variables with covid19.  That said, the team that wins will need almost flawless execution, depth, and lucky breaks.

This year, the Bills are talented enough to win it all. In a normal season this would be a bit more debateable but now we have a real shot.

Obviously, the above is jmo.

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Frustrated HIGH SCHOOL English major?!

How dare you. I'm a frustrated advanced degree holding English major, with the ridiculous debt to prove it.

hahahahahakillme

maybe once covid is over you can start up a successful English store and recoup!

19 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Steelers:  May be the least intimidating undefeated team this late in the season I’ve seen in a while.  They are a very good team, don’t get me wrong, and by far the toughest team remaining on our schedule.  But these guys are not always dominating and have shown to be vulnerable many weeks this year, even against lesser competition.  The defense isn’t as stout or feared as people believed coming into the season.  This will definitely be a major test for us, and I bet the Steelers will be the favorite, but I do like our chances to win this game.

They are #3 in fewest points allowed....

A more promising point that I think some posters are getting at here is -- We're going to start after the bye with about as healthy of a team as we've had all year. Looking at the games:

Chargers - We come out of bye, healthy, this should be a W

49ners - Injury plagued team - We should treat this as the best possible way to prepare for the biggest challenge of the year. We need to be impressive with a W here

Steelers - When the season started, before the 9iners essentially died, I wanted us to split between the two opponents. I think, if healthy, we can get a W.

Broncos - We should win this

Pats - Pending record they might play back-ups - they aren't tanking... but they are evaluating and positioning for next year when they will have higher draft picks and get 8 players back from the COVID opt-out. Even if they play all of their starters, I think we still win.

Phins - If we are 2 games up - we're playing back ups

Could we win all 6? Sure. but 4-2 is more realistic and should be enough to get the job done.