Chris Simms Top 10 Qbs

bkep32

1) Mahomes

2) Rodgers

3) Wilson

4) Allen

5) Murray

6) Watson

5 & 6 is tough because each guy’s success has been so dependent upon the same WR.  I’d give the slight edge to Murray right now because his legs are the most dangerous in the NFL, and he avoids the damaging hits.  

As of now I'd go:

1) Mahomes

2) Rodgers

3) Wilson

4) Allen

5) Watson

6) Ryan

7) Brady

8)Carr

9) Brees 

10) Murray

The first 6 I didn't really have to think about, beyond that it gets very difficult to rank them.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Putin said:

So Lamar Jackson is now on top 10 running backs ? 

Not sure if he belongs with the RBs, but he is def not top 10 statistically as a QB. 25th in yds, 26th in comp %, 17th in TDs and 18th in QBR. Not bad for a QB in a run first/option play offense, but there is no rationale for inclusion in top 10 QB in the league.

Even if we look at rushing, he only has 3 rushing TDs on the season.

Edited by Westside Madness
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2020 at 3:05 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen has all the tools to be one of the all time greats. And he really looks like he is on his way. He's like the QB version of the 5 tool baseball player. In terms of  a total package as a player I don't think their is another QB in the NFL that has as many boxes checked as Allen. 

Brains- Check

Arm- Double Check

Size- Double Check

Mobility- Double Check

"It" Factor- Check

Leadership - Check

Clutch - Check

On 11/18/2020 at 10:02 PM, BisonMan said:

I think Josh at #5 is reasonable but after that he goes off the rails. He's got 2 rookies in his top 10 (#8 - Herbert, #9 - Burrows). Come on. They've had good rookie seasons, IMO. However, putting them above the likes of Roethlisberger, Brees and Brady (to name 3) seems a bit of a stretch. Those two have a ton of potential and I have pretty high confidence that they will be good pros but the jury has to still be out on them. 

I think Simms is trying to construct a list that's "in the moment" for this season, not reflective of a QB's entire body of work.

He also explicitly says he's factoring in what the QB is being asked to do and what talent is surrounding them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/18/2020 at 11:11 PM, GoBills808 said:

Murray looks like a nice QB. Allen looks like one of the best in the league, there’s no comparison imo. He’s ahead of Murray in YPA, more TDs w fewer INTs, more attempts, better ANY/A, everything really. I don’t see the Murray hype

It’s because of his feet.  He could run for a 1,000 yards and throw for 4,000.  I still think somebody is going to cream him one of these days.  He also just stated that he hasn’t closed the door on playing baseball.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:32 AM, BigPappy said:

I agree... he's good. Maybe even slightly above average. But, unlike JA I don't see Murray as someone that can become a complete pocket passer. To me Murray is Lamar Jackson 2.0, who was a Michael Vick 2.0; Murray is just a bit smaller. Once they figure him out, he will regress like Lamar has. Don't get me wrong, Lamar still plays at a high level but teams are understanding his game more and are able to defend him better and they will with Murray too. If you look at Jacksons stats, he has 7 less touchdowns to only 2 less picks than Josh. (JA 21 TDs to 7 INT's and Jackson has 14 TD's to 5 INT's) Not to mention Jackson also only has 3 rushing TD's to Josh's 5. 

Josh on the other hand can be and is a complete pocket passer. He has pocket presence and awareness; sheds tackles and also has the escape-ability when needed to extend plays. I don't see Lamar or Kyler being able to become that prototypical "pocket" passer and personally, I think because of their size (more so with Kyler than Lamar) I don't think they have the durability to last beyond 5 maybe 6 years in the NFL.

I don't think he's hesitant at all. I think he's trying to focus on his reads and getting the ball down field and trying to run it himself on only the designed plays for him to do that.

Josh has more pass completions 249 than Jackson has attempts 247. Josh also was leading the league in 3rd down conversions percentage. I'm like the GM's..If all things are fairly equal...Give me the tall GUY! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2020 at 5:54 PM, FLFan said:

I would rate him as a better version of Lamar, but not in Josh’s class as a QB.  

That Hail Mary play had a hell of a lot more to do with the exceptional talent of Hopkins than it did with Murray.  There are many QBs who can scramble to buy time and throw it up for grabs in the end zone.  This was not some spectacular play by Murray.  It was a spectacular  play by the WR.   

WHAT??? He ran left as far to the sideline as possible then twisted to throw a strike right handed!! Lets give proper due when its due!!!

2 hours ago, FLFan said:

Meh.  That’s not a strike.  It’s called a Hail Mary.  He threw it up for grabs in the end zone, which is what he was supposed to do.  The WR made the play.

Or the 3 DBs around him failed to make the play.