Chris Simms Top 10 Qbs

bkep32

17 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

#5! Simms loves his “ Boy Blue”. 

Starts at the 11:40 mark and he once again absolutely SLAYS the people still pushing the inaccuracy narrative. He also, without mentioning names, killed Aikman for his slanted take on Allen earlier in the year. Loved it. 

Hopefully someone will also trash Bradshaw at some point for his accuracy dissing of Josh during the KC game.   He categorically said that Josh will always be inaccurate and that was that.   

• Like (+1) 1

I think when you rate a QB, you are really rating the QB, the OL, The receiver's, the coaches, everybody involved.

Mahomes has the best of these things and therefore is the best....

The Bills O has these hiccups that I think are the result of a clunky run game, iffy TEs, and maybe a QB that can only learn so much at a time.... The plus side of Josh Allen is that his ceiling is probably the highest of them all and he appears to learn each and every week.

However, it doesn't look like Beane can keep supplying him with more talent because it looks like Buffalo's current talent is already bogging down by either a lack of talent or a lack of developing talent or both. That is, we needed Edmunds and Oliver to be defensive stars and they are not. We also neededCody Ford to be a dominant player....

3 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

I think when you rate a QB, you are really rating the QB, the OL, The receiver's, the coaches, everybody involved.

Mahomes has the best of these things and therefore is the best....

The Bills O has these hiccups that I think are the result of a clunky run game, iffy TEs, and maybe a QB that can only learn so much at a time.... The plus side of Josh Allen is that his ceiling is probably the highest of them all and he appears to learn each and every week.

However, it doesn't look like Beane can keep supplying him with more talent because it looks like Buffalo's current talent is already bogging down by either a lack of talent or a lack of developing talent or both. That is, we needed Edmunds and Oliver to be defensive stars and they are not. We also neededCody Ford to be a dominant player....

Chris Simms does this by trying to put their play in context.  Deshaun Watson of the 2 win Texans is one example.  So are Burrow and Herbert.  Brees being left off the Top 10 is another.  He is most impressed by QBs who can produce off script and can challenge a defense at all levels.  So, there is an inherent bias against the old geezers who can still produce and another toward the young guns that offer mobility and playmaking ability. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Murray looks like a nice QB. Allen looks like one of the best in the league, there’s no comparison imo. He’s ahead of Murray in YPA, more TDs w fewer INTs, more attempts, better ANY/A, everything really. I don’t see the Murray hype

Murray is an accurate Mike Vick, until he gets hurt he’s gonna be really tough to deal with.  As a pure QB, Allen is better.  As a football player, they both offer a dynamic option, Murray can kill you in a few more ways, not to discount Josh as a runner, but he’s not in Murray’s class.

Allen has all the tools to be one of the all time greats. And he really looks like he is on his way. He's like the QB version of the 5 tool baseball player. In terms of  a total package as a player I don't think their is another QB in the NFL that has as many boxes checked as Allen. 

Brains- Check

Arm- Double Check

Size- Double Check

Mobility- Double Check

"It" Factor- Check

• Like (+1) 2

There are a handful of guys who do everything for their teams.  Those are the top 6 qbs in the league.  Allen's running and defense has been suspect this year.  They are 7-3, lost to winning teams, and beat the most winning teams.  Allen is legit.  Buffalo is legit.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:02 PM, GoBills808 said:

The Kyler Murray thing I do not understand

I don't understand those who do not understand the Kyler Murray thing.

This is his 2nd year in the league.  If he does finish with 4,000 yards passing 1,000 yards rushing and 40+ TDs, it's all right there.

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I don't understand those who do not understand the Kyler Murray thing.

This is his 2nd year in the league.  If he does finish with 4,000 yards passing 1,000 yards rushing and 40+ TDs, it's all right there.

The rushing yards and TDs are great. He's not a terribly efficient passer. The fact that he's considered a top5 QB or MVP candidate right now is ridiculous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

The rushing yards and TDs are great. He's not a terribly efficient passer. The fact that he's considered a top5 QB or MVP candidate right now is ridiculous.

He's currently got a 98.7 QB rating and is completing 68.3% of his passes.  If that isn't efficient, then I don't know what is.

On 11/19/2020 at 1:51 AM, NickelCity said:

Kyler is pretty good. Don't think he's as good as Allen but to each their own. 

I would rate him as a better version of Lamar, but not in Josh’s class as a QB.  

15 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

After watching the Cardinals-Seahawks game, Allen should be above Murray. He would have been without the Hail Murray play, which is silly to have one play as the deciding factor....

That Hail Mary play had a hell of a lot more to do with the exceptional talent of Hopkins than it did with Murray.  There are many QBs who can scramble to buy time and throw it up for grabs in the end zone.  This was not some spectacular play by Murray.  It was a spectacular  play by the WR.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

There are a handful of guys who do everything for their teams.  Those are the top 6 qbs in the league.  Allen's running and defense has been suspect this year.  They are 7-3, lost to winning teams, and beat the most winning teams.  Allen is legit.  Buffalo is legit.

This is legit ^^^

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Someday in the very near future it will be 1. Mahomes and 2. Allen for a very long time. It could very well turn into a Brady/Manning type rivalry. QBs like Murray and Jackson will slowly fade as injuries and defensive schemes catch up to their pocket deficiencies. 

Amen 🙏 to that !!

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Allen has all the tools to be one of the all time greats. And he really looks like he is on his way. He's like the QB version of the 5 tool baseball player. In terms of  a total package as a player I don't think their is another QB in the NFL that has as many boxes checked as Allen. 

Brains- Check

Arm- Double Check

Size- Double Check

Mobility- Double Check

"It" Factor- Check

Girl Friend/Wife- Check

Beard- Fail

On 11/18/2020 at 10:07 PM, Da webster guy said:

Which means in a re draft Browns take Allen and we probably have Rosen or Fitz or some Carolina retread at QB and my hair is fallin out....

Pssh, if they get a re-draft, we get a redraft too & can go back & take Mahomes. We can then trade up to take Tre White still instead of using a ton of picks to trade up twice the following year for both Allen & Edmunds. 

So the Browns can suck it, they can keep Mayfield lol. Though in fairness, I think Mayfield is actually a talented player, that organization is just dumb from top to bottom.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Gene1973 said:

I wonder if the Hail Murray had failed that Allen and Murray would have been swapped on that list...

What’s funniest to me is Murray’s Hail Mary Beat us. The reason I find it so ironic is because to me he is a modern day Doug Flutie. I think in the end you will find the he will go through erratic stretches like Flutie because defenses will figure out how to spy him and clog his throwing lanes. I think he will have a reasonable career with a super bowl loss to his resume. Anyway time will tell. 

We played 4 QBs in the top 10 , 3 in the top 5! !!

We're 7-3 , fluke play away from 8-2! 

Bills are FOR REAL 

Our remaining schedule has 1 top 10 QB on it (on this list) , but he's a rookie and with now 2 months of tape on him, expecting McD to shut him down . 

Imagine Josh had a run game like Murray or Mahomes? He'd likely be at 70-75% and impossible to stop..

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

Pssh, if they get a re-draft, we get a redraft too & can go back & take Mahomes. We can then trade up to take Tre White still instead of using a ton of picks to trade up twice the following year for both Allen & Edmunds. 

So the Browns can suck it, they can keep Mayfield lol. Though in fairness, I think Mayfield is actually a talented player, that organization is just dumb from top to bottom.

Number 1 draft pick holder gets redraft as well and Mahomes has to deal with coaching on another team too.

Josh is easily ahead of Murray, even with the Hail Murray.  More passing yards and TD's, fewer INTs, better completion percentage and higher YPA.  He also doesn't play in a dome and has the most dropped passes.  Beyond that, Murray has a better defense and running game. Where Murray is ahead of him is rushing yards and TDs, but Josh showed his first 2 years that he can rush for a lot of yards and TDs as well.