Chris Simms Top 10 Qbs

bkep32

#5! Simms loves his “ Boy Blue”. 

Starts at the 11:40 mark and he once again absolutely SLAYS the people still pushing the inaccuracy narrative. He also, without mentioning names, killed Aikman for his slanted take on Allen earlier in the year. Loved it. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

I think Josh at #5 is reasonable but after that he goes off the rails. He's got 2 rookies in his top 10 (#8 - Herbert, #9 - Burrows). Come on. They've had good rookie seasons, IMO. However, putting them above the likes of Roethlisberger, Brees and Brady (to name 3) seems a bit of a stretch. Those two have a ton of potential and I have pretty high confidence that they will be good pros but the jury has to still be out on them. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

#5! Simms loves his “ Boy Blue”. 

Starts at the 11:40 mark and he once again absolutely SLAYS the people still pushing the inaccuracy narrative. He also, without mentioning names, killed Aikman for his slanted take on Allen earlier in the year. Loved it. 

Yeah, I thought a couple of his comments were interesting.  First, when he was talking about Wilson and throwing too many picks, he made the point that's what's going to happen when you're saying to your QB 'please go make magic'.  Maybe last game he made the same risky throw and it went for 20 yds and a TD and you weren't complaining then. 

Similar applies to Josh at times.

Second, he talked about with Josh, it may take another 3 years for the narrative to change and people getting attached to a viewpoint and they don't want to change it.  And yeah I thought he had not just Aikman but Bradshaw and even from last year Collinsworth in his sights.  Course, I think all of those three are like "Chris who?" and don't care. 

But that's fine.  Buffalo vs Everybody. 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, GoBills808 said:

How is he ranked above Allen

i see well i wouldn’t put him there but Simms does work for PFT, and Florio hates the Bills, maybe it’s rubbed off on him. Plus recency bias and all that. But i’d still take Allen over Murray (for now.) Murray looks very good though.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

i see well i wouldn’t put him there but Simms does work for PFT, and Florio hates the Bills, maybe it’s rubbed off on him. Plus recency bias and all that. But i’d still take Allen over Murray (for now.) Murray looks very good though.

Murray looks like a nice QB. Allen looks like one of the best in the league, there’s no comparison imo. He’s ahead of Murray in YPA, more TDs w fewer INTs, more attempts, better ANY/A, everything really. I don’t see the Murray hype

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Murray looks like a nice QB. Allen looks like one of the best in the league, there’s no comparison imo. He’s ahead of Murray in YPA, more TDs w fewer INTs, more attempts, better ANY/A, everything really. I don’t see the Murray hype

I agree I think Allen is better currently too. I guess all I am saying is I do get the hype. Murray’s on track for 4,000/1,000? Has the most QB rushing TDs through 9 games? Yeah he’s very good. I get the hype.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh could have UNQUESTIONABLY the best all time performance with only one INT in a superbowl win and the critics would still say, 'yeah, hes not accurate, that one interception was just as bad as any INT ive seen.' When it was caused by a bounce off a wide receivers chest.

Simms is right though.  Josh has put this inaccuracy thing to rest.  People who still bring it up are either intellectually lazy and haven't made any effort to have an informed opinion or are simply biased against him because they don't want to eat their hot takes against Josh when he came out of college.  Allen is 1st in the NFL in adjusted completion percentage and he is anything but a Captain Check Down to pad his numbers.  He is also doing it all without a running game. 

Josh Allen is a highly accurate NFL quarterback. Anyone who says differently at this point is either ignorant or lying.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

8 hours ago, BisonMan said:

I think Josh at #5 is reasonable but after that he goes off the rails. He's got 2 rookies in his top 10 (#8 - Herbert, #9 - Burrows). Come on. They've had good rookie seasons, IMO. However, putting them above the likes of Roethlisberger, Brees and Brady (to name 3) seems a bit of a stretch. Those two have a ton of potential and I have pretty high confidence that they will be good pros but the jury has to still be out on them. 

Simms talks a lot about context when it comes to evaluating QBs; you have to look at the teams surrounding them. The three guys you’ve mentioned play for outstanding teams with a ton of talent around them.  How do you think Brady or Brees would do playing for the Bengals or Chargers?  (I think you have a better argument with Roethlisberger; the Steelers are a totally different team with him.) The Chargers have been crushed by injuries, bad coaching and a general lack of offensive weapons, and the Bengals are not much better.  Brees, meanwhile, is a shell of his former self, although he’s still good enough to win games on a team with a great defense and running game. 

• Like (+1) 2