NFL QB re-draft

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I think would happen due to perceptions around the league:   1. Deshaun Watson 2. Kyler Murray 3. Lamar Jackson 4. Joe Burrow 5. Tua Tagovailoa 6. Josh Allen 

Baker Mayfield has the most commercials so he must be good   #1 Mayfield #2 Allen

Allen over anyone except Mahomes.   That being said, I’d like to see Josh in Mahomes’ offense.

19 minutes ago, 947 said:

Josh would get the most votes for #1, but the consensus would be split with some votes for probably all except Mayfield.

My order would be:

Allen

Herbert

Watson

Murray

Burrow

Tua

Jackson

Mayfield

Watson

Allen

Murray

Herbert

Burrow

Jackson

Mayfield

Tua

• Like (+1) 1
16 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Watson

Allen

Murray

Herbert

Burrow

Jackson

Mayfield

Tua

Granted he is in a terrible situation in Houston, but I’m not sure I take Watson before Allen, Murray or Burrow. He is slightly above Herbert for me. 

Allen

Murray

Burrow

Watson

Herbert

Jackson

Tua

Mayfield

Would be my list 

1 hour ago, Seoulofstone said:

Watson

Jackson

Murray 

Burrow

Allen

Tua

Herbert

Mayfield

Now me, I would have Allen @ 2 and I like Herbert ( I always hoped he would do well since many wrote him off  in the draft process much like Josh).

I don’t think Jackson would be top 5

6 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Thats tough because now you already know what they are in the league buf up to this point

Watson

Jackson

Allen

Murray

Mayfield

Herbert 

Burrow

Tua

Say what you will but Herbert has been the best rookie QB  this year.  Miami winning has very little to do with Tua.

Maybe last year but there’s No chance in HELL Jackson goes second NONE 

and Mayfield should last in my opinion with Jackson ahead of him 

Edited by Putin
13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Jackson would be top 5

Last years MVP. He looks like he has regressed in his throwing this season but he's more of a known quantity than many of those others. I understand why many are down on him though.

Thing is who's making the pick? Front office? Fans? Of course Tua, Burrow, Herbert are liked for their potential. Each team will say they are franchise QBs now but how I'll they look  in 2 years. 

Unbelievable that Watson is so low. His numbers are similar to Allen's this season but he's the only guy with a playoff win.

Edited by Seoulofstone

Josh Allen

Tua 

Joe Burrow

Justin Herbert

Lamar Jackson

Kyler Murray

Baker Mayfield

Deshaun Watson

1) Watson: He’s shown the ability to be in that top tier of QBs, he’s been held back by coaching for a long time. I’d really like to see him with Bienemy or Dabo next season... even Daboll. I think he’s flourish with real coaching and not Bill O’Brien.

2) Allen: Everything that he brings to the table is impressive. He’s the total package when you think about a franchise QB. He’s the player on the list given that has had to fight through the most adversity on the field. The growth has been substantial... he’s been just as good as if not better than everyone on this list at point, and he’s not a finished product. There is still more there, he could move up pretty easily and pretty soon IMO. I honestly would have a hard time between Watson and Allen... I almost hope I’d have the 2nd pick. Skill set can fit in any offense, he’s playing in a difficult one at the moment and being molded into a traditional passing QB. He could put up stupid numbers in a Murray style offense as well I think. 

3) Murray: Phenomenal player. He’s better than Lamar... the arm is MUCH stronger. He can make all the throws, he’s more dynamic running the football. I think he could even flip flop with Watson at some point. I think he’s legit and is here to stay for a long time. Kingsbury hand selecting him helps... but he’s dynamic... could operate in most offenses but not all of them. 

4a) Herbert: He’s so much like Allen to me. I think he lacks the leadership and personality traits that I want from a QB. I like him, think he can do a lot. Love the tools. 

4b) Burrow: I like Burrow a lot. He’s a traditional QB so he’s going to have a long career but he’s not in the same tier as the guys above. He’s so close. I think he has some outstanding seasons but he’s just not as gifted as the guys above. 

5) Tua: I think he’s fine. I don’t think he’s as good as everyone says but he’s consistent, great leader, humble. Lefty QBs are weird, they always seem to have a shorter shelf life. 

6) Lamar: He’s great in a system tailored to him. Struggles to throw. He’s got 2-3 more years before Baltimore has to make a change. He’s going to get another shot based on ability alone but needs the right system. He’s a stupid athlete and good QB, but the arm just limits him so much unfortunately. 

7) Baker: I hate him with a passion. It’s completely personal preference, but I can’t stand the guy. I also don’t think he’s that great of a QB. He gets a ton of hype for no reason IMO. I know for a fact he doesn’t work hard or study the playbook. This guys is behind a lot of QBs for me. He’s not even top 20 in the league IMO. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I would do

Watson

Allen

Murray

Burrow

Tua

Herbert

Lamar

Mayfield

I believe mayfield is a bust and Lamar is too

limited.

Watson is the most talented but is stuck on a terrible team this year. 
Burrow and Allen are close but I think Allen has more athleticism and has proven more in the NFL and has the 4th Quarter comebacks that are key to being a franchise QB. 
Murray displayed elite talent but I do think his height limits him in the pocket. 
Herbert is a solid QB, but he doesn’t seem to have the “clutch gene” and hasn’t shown the ability to carry his team to victory. 

Tua is my question. He could end up middle of the road or end up best of the group. But his injury history and small sample size are big questions.

Allen

Watson

Burrow

Herbert

Murray

Jackson

Tua

Mayfield

Allen is the most complete QB of all.  Watson is a close second.  Burrow and Herbert look like they are on the way to being great pocket passers.  As I posted before, Herbert was never this good a passer at Oregon.  He had the tools but never lived up to the hype at Oregon.  Good for him.  Murray gets the edge over Jackson.  Murray is a better passer. Jackson a better pure runner.  I worry the most about Murray being able to take the hits. Tua is an unknown and Baker is already a bust.  I'd still take Darnold over Baker.  

2 hours ago, NJKBillsfan said:

If there was a re-draft with the following QB's what order do you think they'd get drafted?

Josh Allen

Tua 

Joe Burrow

Justin Herbert

Lamar Jackson

Kyler Murray

Baker Mayfield

Deshaun Watson

If we are talking about current body of work since they've been in the league:

1) Watson

2) Allen

3) Jackson

4) Murray

5) Mayfield

6) Burrow

7) Herbert

8 ) Tua

Regarding future potential it's a different story:

1) Murray

2) Tua

3) Burrow

4) Allen (no this isn't a knock, just think the 3 above him have ridiculous ceiling sand Allen may be at his)

5) Herbert

6) Jackson

7) Watson

8 ) Mayfield