Was Sam Darnold "Benched"

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I can see that point as well, if that’s the case, then I’d control where he goes, specifically out of the division and more ideally to the NFC.  The worst case for your team is to trade him to a divisional opponent, then have the 💡 come on.  He torments you for the next 10 years. 

I don't remember if it was a trade but Marcus Allen going from the Raiders to the Chiefs comes to mind.

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

i wouldnt be shocked to see him in a pats jersey next year

Why would the Jets trade him there?

He is still under contract and has value.

He will be traded to an NFC team or, at least, out of the division.

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Why would the Jets trade him there?

He is still under contract and has value.

He will be traded to an NFC team or, at least, out of the division.

What do you think his value may be?

2 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Jerry Sullivan, Oct. 25, 2020:

Sam Darnold is better than Josh Allen.

Never forget.

Did he really say that just this year?

That's a *blink* moment

40 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I don't remember if it was a trade but Marcus Allen going from the Raiders to the Chiefs comes to mind.

That was not a trade and in fairness to the Raiders, they got the best years of his career, but I’m sure they didn’t think he was going to keep being a factor for another 5 years.  Darnold, in theory has at least 10 years left, it really all hinges on health and development obviously.  As of this moment, he has not taken the jump you want to see in a 3rd year guy, but with that team and the injuries, I would not be comfortable writing him off yet.  The last thing I would do is let the Pats have him. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks. Now I’m not gonna sleep tonight.

my opinion, we and the rest of the League have seen the best of Sam Darnold. While he was clearly the most ‘pro ready’ at draft time, he’s hasn’t improved at anything. His ceiling was at USC and he’s been found out and floundering ever since. Flacco is better. Again, my opinion.

You may be right.  But he has been on a really dysfunctional team, with the proverbial "no receivers".  I know it is a common excuse, but every now and again I see him play, and I still get the impression that he could be a decent QB.  But hell, I thought the same thing about Josh Rosen.  I guess I just don't feel like time with the Jets can be counted as the "final" say on his career. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What do you think his value may be?

Did he really say that just this year?

That's a *blink* moment

I think Darnold would draw at least a 3rd for anybody who wanted to see what they could do with him.  Think of all the guys on the back end of their careers out there, bring Darnold in, see what he has, if he’s got it, let him play, or take over, you have one year on the cheap anyway, then you know it’s going to be a prove it deal, odds are higher at retention if he knows the system and has a better shot to rebuild his value. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thanks. Now I’m not gonna sleep tonight.

my opinion, we and the rest of the League have seen the best of Sam Darnold. While he was clearly the most ‘pro ready’ at draft time, he’s hasn’t improved at anything. His ceiling was at USC and he’s been found out and floundering ever since. Flacco is better. Again, my opinion.

I think he's in the worst situation for a young qb that I've seen in ages. Maybe Steve Young in Tampa Bay? 

Sidenote: It has occurred to me that Gregg Williams may soon be the only defensive coordinator in NFL history to preside over two different 0-16 teams. 

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I think Darnold would draw at least a 3rd for anybody who wanted to see what they could do with him.  Think of all the guys on the back end of their careers out there, bring Darnold in, see what he has, if he’s got it, let him play, or take over, you have one year on the cheap anyway, then you know it’s going to be a prove it deal, odds are higher at retention if he knows the system and has a better shot to rebuild his value. 

If I'm the Steelers, I think hard about a late first for him. He has talent and he'd be set up to succeed there. Ben ain't gonna play too much longer. 

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

You may be right.  But he has been on a really dysfunctional team, with the proverbial "no receivers".  I know it is a common excuse, but every now and again I see him play, and I still get the impression that he could be a decent QB.  But hell, I thought the same thing about Josh Rosen.  I guess I just don't feel like time with the Jets can be counted as the "final" say on his career. 

Yup. As I said above, Steve Young. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Jimmy G might well end up back in New England.

unless they pursue Jacoby Brissett in free agency. 

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Darnold to Washington makes some sense but then again Snyder might want to make a splash and try and trade up.

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think he's in the worst situation for a young qb that I've seen in ages. Maybe Steve Young in Tampa Bay? 

Sidenote: It has occurred to me that Gregg Williams may soon be the only defensive coordinator in NFL history to preside over two different 0-16 teams. 

If I'm the Steelers, I think hard about a late first for him. He has talent and he'd be set up to succeed there. Ben ain't gonna play too much longer. 

Yup. As I said above, Steve Young. 

Man, I don’t think I’d sink a first into him, but I see your point.  That’s a pretty huge Risk V Reward play.  For me, too much, I’m in for a 2nd at most.  The injuries are far too often for me to be comfortable with it.

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Last year I took a bus trip to opening day at the Jets.  A Jets fan in front of me started criticizing Josh with the usual inaccurate stuff.  I got so mad I told him Josh would end up in the Hall of Fame.  

You didn't mean Rosen, did you?! 😳

😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

To me, it makes sense for him to get interest from:

Indy - Rivers is old, Brissett will leave

N.O. - Breese is starting to crack

TB- Tawmmy is on a 2 year deal, need replacement 

Chi - QB hell there

Steelers - Ben is up there too, especially if they win it all this year, could see him retiring.

Jax-  The Stache is pretty average it appears.

Was- no explanation needed.

NE- future

SF- Jimmy G replacement 

Thats quite a few possibilities.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I can see that point as well, if that’s the case, then I’d control where he goes, specifically out of the division and more ideally to the NFC.  The worst case for your team is to trade him to a divisional opponent, then have the 💡 come on.  He torments you for the next 10 years. 

oh yea, if it’s a low pick and a round different for the redskins vs the pats you obviously send him far away. 

31 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If I'm the Steelers, I think hard about a late first for him. He has talent and he'd be set up to succeed there.

You believe the Steelers have given up on the Reindeer?

17 minutes ago, Maynard said:

They want him fully healed so they can trade him. 

They can't trade him until what, March?

27 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You believe the Steelers have given up on the Reindeer?

They can't trade him until what, March?

I would think so. He looks like a career backup to me. I was pretty unimpressed with his physical talent last year when he played. Darnold is a much better thrower, especially when on the move.