Was Sam Darnold "Benched"

22 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Last time I checked Sam was pretty good at losing games. Flacco is some golden ticket to Lawrence? They've been just as close (or not) the last couple games as they were with Sam.

Maybe Adam Gase is just...a clueless guy and a bad coach.

What??? Does this look like a clueless guy?? Must be that Joe & Sam are just bad QB's, lol.  

Adam Gase.PNG

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

The best thing for Darnold is to never play another game for the Jets and get a fresh start with a better team next year.  

The best thing for Darnold is to come back strong & win some games so the Jets can't draft a QB. I hope he starts winning this Sunday. Then he needs a new coach.  Woody Johnson is coming back in January and he's going to kick his brother's @ss for messing up the Jets.  I wouldn't be shocked if the GM gets fired in spite of his long term contract.  No contract should ever stand in the way of firing a bad hire.  Much like the Bills, the coach chose the GM and if Gase goes, as he certainly will, why keep his preferred GM? 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Maybe become Tannehill 2.0.

While I don't believe a coach can permanently ruin a QB, he can sure make a decent QB look bad.  Gase has now stymied the careers of 2 top 10 QB picks.  Tannehill is evidence that Gase is a clueless boob.  

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I’m not gonna lie I can see him coming here as a back up seeing that he’s entered David Carr bust territory

I certainly appreciate your honesty but I don’t think it will happen. He may be heading into “bust” territory but he’s still young enough to possibly turn it around. It would be more likely to see him in New England than Buffalo 

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I certainly appreciate your honesty but I don’t think it will happen. He may be heading into “bust” territory but he’s still young enough to possibly turn it around. It would be more likely to see him in New England than Buffalo 

Whatever team he goes to he will have to either start off as a back up or will have to compete for the starting role. I’m sorry but 3 tds and 8-9 INTS is beyond horrible. I don’t know any team that will take a chance on him as a starter. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Whatever team he goes to he will have to either start off as a back up or will have to compete for the starting role. I’m sorry but 3 tds and 8-9 INTS is beyond horrible. I don’t know any team that will take a chance on him as a starter. 

He’s the player I thought he would be when I watched him in his sophomore season at USC, after his much-hyped rookie year.  I’m not even sure I’d want him as a back up on the Bills, not that I think he would sign here  what with Josh entrenched as the starter for years.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:43 AM, Doc said:

Maybe become Tannehill 2.0.

Possible.  But he's still a turnover machine and he has been one since USC.  I don't know if that will change.  He hasn't gotten better at all.  And that's not

all on the Jets.  At a certain point, the off-season work he does has to translate to in-season gains.  It could be he's just a middling type of NFL QB.  

It happens.