Jarret Patterson--UB rushes for 301 yards last night...sets UB single game record...WOW!!

Big Turk

Last year against Bowling Green he rushed for 298 yards and actually ended up surpassing that last night! 

I know we have 2 solid backs but Patterson is just tearing things up at UB...he would be an excellent value in the mid rounds of the draft...maybe 4th round if he lasts that long...ultra productive and puts up big numbers. Would give us a 3 headed monster at RB.  

The main has 511 yards after 3 games this year averaging 7.2 YPC after piling up 1799 yards last year at 5.8 YPC...

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4362452/jaret-patterson

Being talked about as a Draft Sleeper

https://nflmocks.com/2020/08/14/2021-nfl-draft-jaret-patterson-key-rb/

I maybe a homer, because I am a Bulls fan, but there is no doubt in my mind this kid is special. He has great burst, he is elusive, and he can catch out the backfield. He is able to slip out of tackles easily and is explosive. There are a few backs like Kylin Hill, Chuba Hubbard and Travis Etienne who are all special, but I think you have to add Patterson to that mix. With a huge year I could see him getting drafted anywhere from the 3rd to 5th round. If my team needed a running back, I would want Patterson, the kid has that “it” factor we look for in players. – Damond Talbot, Owner, NFL Draft Diamonds.

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/04/jaret-patterson/

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Consider what happened to Tyree Jackson, a QB who decided to enter the draft as a junior. Last seen as an XFL backup.

Yes, but that is a completely different position. A talented RB can make it from anywhere. He's compact, runs strong, has decent agility, hits the lane quickly when it opens up, and has a good enough burst once he gets in the open field to break off some chunk yardage. That's one thing I like about Hubbard more than him is when Chuba gets in the open field he is leaving everyone else in the dust. Patterson doesn't have that kind of long speed. He, Patterson, reminds me of Austin Ekeler. The two things I don't really know much about are his receiving ability and how well he picks up his blocking assignments. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Actually if ask me, we need a speedier back as Moss/Singletary don't have breakaway speed to take a pass to the house. 

Actually what we need is blocking. When you constantly get hit behind the line of scrimmage, it's your blocking.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

And got pulled 20 yards away...

And he was already getting carries on that drive. Let It go dude. It's not like he didn't even go out on that last drive

He doesn't even care. He wants to win

If you can't get excited over his performance you're not a UB fan. Do you know how many running backs want to play in Leipolds system?

Tons. Because days like this...  And Leipold was Patterson's first d1 offer. He's done everything for Patterson

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.