The Great AFC Logjam

My man, to early. Yes Dolphins have won games, but D and ST touchdowns just dont and wont happen every week.  They will have a hiccup along the way.  I don't see the Dolphins beating KC at home, LV on the road (LV is fighting for playoffs as well), nor do I see them coming to Buffalo and winning week 17.

Edited by BillsinChesterSprings

3 minutes ago, colin said:

boooo!

well, that means that any likely season outcome where we beat miami in week 17 gets us the division at the least.

As long as the Bills take care of business vs LAC, SF, DEN, we should be fine.  I am marking Pitt and at NE losses.  For Miami, they should take care of DEN, NYJ, CIN, NE at home.  I am marking KCC and at LV (LV is in the playoff hunt as well) as losses.  If these scenario's play out, then, yes week 17 winner take all for the Division.

Very nice write up! What you realize the more you study it is that the other teams all have to play tough games going down the stretch too. In short, they’re aren’t ALL going to sweep the final six. I like the Bills chances. It’ll actually be fun to sit out this week and see where the logjam ends up by next Sunday night.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As you have pointed at we are 7-3 having already played the toughest part of our schedule. It is almost like the reverse of last year when I told my wife I expect 7-3 to become 10-6. I expect 7-3 to be 12-4.

They should beat the Chargers to go 8-3. You can also say they should beat Denver as well. The rest of the schedule will be tough. Road games at NE and SF are challenging. Pitt is obviously a tough game. Miami could be for the division. I see 4-2 or 3-3 as a worse case scenario. I have them at 10 or 11 wins. I think they beat LAC, DEN, split the NE and SF games, lose to Pitt, beat the fish.

According to this calculator https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/upshot/nfl-playoff-picture.html, we have now 84% chance to make playoffs.

It can go as low as 77% during our bye, and as high as 89%, with Dolphins @ Broncos being most important game ofc.

Edit: One more comment - there is an outside shot that we will play with Miami W17 for the division and then face them in Wild Card round. I wonder if that ever happened in the history (I guess it has).

Edited by No_Matter_What

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

They should beat the Chargers to go 8-3. You can also say they should beat Denver as well. The rest of the schedule will be tough. Road games at NE and SF are challenging. Pitt is obviously a tough game. Miami could be for the division. I see 4-2 or 3-3 as a worse case scenario. I have them at 10 or 11 wins. I think they beat LAC, DEN, split the NE and SF games, lose to Pitt, beat the fish.

You and me are not far off of each other, I think we are clearly better than NE and SF is so beat up we win there also. If SF had Kittle and whole team it would be different.

5 hours ago, BillsinChesterSprings said:

As long as the Bills take care of business vs LAC, SF, DEN, we should be fine.  I am marking Pitt and at NE losses.  For Miami, they should take care of DEN, NYJ, CIN, NE at home.  I am marking KCC and at LV (LV is in the playoff hunt as well) as losses.  If these scenario's play out, then, yes week 17 winner take all for the Division.

that would be so cool.    When is the last time a Bills/Phins game really really meant something?   20+ years ago?  

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As you have pointed at we are 7-3 having already played the toughest part of our schedule. It is almost like the reverse of last year when I told my wife I expect 7-3 to become 10-6. I expect 7-3 to be 12-4.

Late bye is kinda nice too since the team is absolutely banged up.  Getting milano and even dodson back will help.  Kleins starting to play more physical, edmunds has been playing more aggressive as well.  Maybe we'll have our starting secondary out there for a snap this season.  Linemen are basically always banged up during the season too so a week off might be nice for them.