Anyone got Pittsburgh on their mind yet?

as it stands, we are a better team than everyone we play except miami (roughly equal) and pitts (worse).  what is interesting to me is that the teams we have for the rest of the season are some outside pass rushing monsters.  depending on health of course, but these teams all have a really strong ability to win 1 on 1s vs OTs and get sacks, pressures, and turnovers.  im happy our OT is the strength of our OL, but it's still scary considering our only o is 17 passing to the WRs.  these teams can also run the ball well too, so just like the first pats game, there is a match up issue of them being good at stopping our strength, and us being bad at stopping theirs (for all 6 games, really).

i expect us to come out strong vs the chargers, if we lose my confidence in the season will be shaken, but how we do on the road in SF to me is a huge test.  we played pretty poorly in all phases of the game at times vs zona, yet it took a miracle and a mash unit of a D for them to beat us.  i will feel certain we take the division if we go 2-0 going into the pittz game, so i agree w opie, that game has the makings of being the statement game of all statement games for the clap master.

53 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I said that from day 1 basically every team is playing 16 games on a neutral field. Granted some teams can have some fans but its not really going create a normal homefield advantage.

We lost 4 games at home with fans last season,  not much of an advantage.  4-1 this season, fans are nice but not necessary.

4 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We lost 4 games at home with fans last season,  not much of an advantage.  4-1 this season, fans are nice but not necessary.

When the team is good they can be a big advantage. Think back to the SB years. The Bills rarely lost at home during that time.

I’ve had the Steelers game on my mind since the schedule came out. I HATE  the Steelers!!!!!

My Chiropractor is a huge Steelers fan. His opinion is that the Steelers play to their opponents level. FYI from a guy who loves his team like we love ours.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I’ve had the Steelers game on my mind since the schedule came out. I HATE  the Steelers!!!!!

My Chiropractor is a huge Steelers fan. His opinion is that the Steelers play to their opponents level. FYI from a guy who loves his team like we love ours.

Steeler fans are whiny spoiled brats.  And spoiled brats feel their team never plays well even when they win.  I know a bunch of these Steeler brats. 

19 hours ago, ColeB said:

I hope the players don’t start thinking the same thing. That’s a recipe for disaster.

I would expect that every game is important.  Players don't think the way fans do.  That should be a given.  Out of all our games left 49ers is the one game that is least meaningful.  AFC games are more important even though they are all important IMO.

No. I'm thinking about the Chargers and what we can do to get better on both sides of the ball. I'm hoping getting a full compliment of players back on both sides, for the 1st time all year, can't hurt. Very much hoping the team isn't overlooking any other team. The playoff race is really tight both divisionally and in conference.

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

When the team is good they can be a big advantage. Think back to the SB years. The Bills rarely lost at home during that time.

We didn't lose that often on the road either.  We won because of the players, not the fans.

On 11/18/2020 at 9:10 AM, Buffalo Boy said:

I live in Pgh. The Steelers def play to the opponents level.  Look at how they almost lost to Dallas this year when Ben DiNucci was Dal’s starting QB!  

Pit’s ability to run and their pass rush worry me.  Allen negates the pass rush to some extent.  Their secondary is not elite.  If we can run the ball ourselves it will open up their D.    

Best game left on paper. 

On 11/18/2020 at 6:24 PM, klos63 said:

We didn't lose that often on the road either.  We won because of the players, not the fans.

stop knocking the 12th man!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

I live in Pgh. The Steelers def play to the opponents level.  Look at how they almost lost to Dallas this year when Ben DiNucci was Dal’s starting QB!  

Pit’s ability to run and their pass rush worry me.  Allen negates the pass rush to some extent.  Their secondary is not elite.  If we can run the ball ourselves it will open up their D.    

Best game left on paper. 

stop knocking the 12th man!!!!

they're annoying with the constant self praise.

• Haha (+1) 1