Who to root for threads (and playoff machine)

2 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Cant remember the poster but in years past someone always put together a dynamite "who to root for" thread prior to the weeks games.  Has that poster started doing these yet and I missed them or is this something they no longer do.

Tied to this does anyone know when the ESPN playoff machine fires up? (Far and away the  best simulator) I think it was week 12 in years past?

I don't like people telling me what to do.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Root for the Jets to beat the Chargers. Anything to help keep them away from getting TL.

I think there are 3 top QB`s but don`t sweat it....the Jets will ruin the next one too ;) 

They might even do something stupid like draft a RB,WR or DE thinking Darnold is the guy ;)

Edited by JMF2006

Just now, JMF2006 said:

I think there are 3 top QB`s but don`t sweat it....the Jets will ruin the next one too ;) 

They might even do something stupid like draft a RB,WR or DE thinking Darnold is the guy ;)

Lets hope they do something really stupid like keep Gase as HC.

• Haha (+1) 1

Basically we want to root for Raiders and Colts to win their divisions because we have tie breaker on Raiders and Colts because we could have the tiebreaker over them depending on rest of season. Right now a ton of moving pieces but we know a few teams we have tiebreaker on and a few we dont- Chiefs and Titans.

I poked around the ESPN one and with conservative picks still have us at 12-4 with the 3rd seed.  Winning against everyone but the Steelers would make the game against New England literally inconsequential where we keep our seed even if we lose that one.  Beating NE but losing to Miami drops us from 3rd to 5th, nothing in between.

I didn't realize the tail end of the season was so favorable.  Outside of the undefeated Steelers, every game is against a losing record team aside from Miami who we already have a win against.

I will be rooting for teams we've already beaten to win, assuming it's not the Dolphins or Patriots.  It would help our strength of victory.  Seahawks beating Cards tomorrow night would be nice (for MANY reasons) and Raiders beating Chiefs would serve a couple of purposes (increasing our strength of victory with our win over Raiders and dropping the Chiefs down a notch record-wise).  This is the crazy time of year where things started getting log jammed.

On 11/17/2020 at 2:30 PM, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Times can get you % to make it.   I didn't see the final seeding

the NFL PP  is also a PITA -- I have

Raiders at Colts

Ravens at Bills

Browns at Steelers 

the next week 

Bills at Steelers 

Raiders at Chiefs 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Wow.  I have the dolphins not even making playoffs while beating us in 17.  Browns raiders titans and colts all with better records. 

ESPN (inconsistent with NFL PP)  Seems I put KC with 1 less loss on ESPN.

1 KC 15-1  Bye 

2 Pitt  15-1  -- 7 Cle 10-6

3 Buff 13-3 -- 6 Balt 11-4

4 Colts 9-7 -- 5 Vegas 12-4

Miami Out both tries

21 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Wow.  I have the dolphins not even making playoffs while beating us in 17.  Browns raiders titans and colts all with better records. 

Not if they go 2-4 or as you hadd 3-3.

The Bills will be 1 to 2 games better IMO