Who to root for threads (and playoff machine)

Cant remember the poster but in years past someone always put together a dynamite "who to root for" thread prior to the weeks games.  Has that poster started doing these yet and I missed them or is this something they no longer do.

Tied to this does anyone know when the ESPN playoff machine fires up? (Far and away the  best simulator) I think it was week 12 in years past?

16 minutes ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Cant remember the poster but in years past someone always put together a dynamite "who to root for" thread prior to the weeks games.  Has that poster started doing these yet and I missed them or is this something they no longer do.

Tied to this does anyone know when the ESPN playoff machine fires up? (Far and away the  best simulator) I think it was week 12 in years past?

It should be up this week

Week 11 ... 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, dwight in philly said:

Can quasi take the place of a Bills game this week.. 

I have the Sunday ticket( live in NJ) so I will definitely be watching. I would imagine this game will be broadcast in WNY since Bills fans will have an obvious interest in this one.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

ESPN isnt up yet, but these two are.

NFL Playoff Predictor

NY Times Playoff Simulator

The Times can get you % to make it.   I didn't see the final seeding

the NFL PP  is also a PITA -- I have

Raiders at Colts

Ravens at Bills

Browns at Steelers 

the next week 

Bills at Steelers 

Raiders at Chiefs 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Is Da Bill's still around? Maybe he waits to do it later in the season but I recall it being earlier that they did them.

I haven't been around this particular Bills board long enough to remember that particular poster! 

1 hour ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

BuffaloRumblings.com does a weekly article - "Rooting Interests" Week 11, etc.  

For certain games, it's obvious.  Miami-Denver is a good example.  You clearly want Denver to win.  Or with rare exception, anytime an AFC team is playing an NFC team, you want the NFC team to win.  It gets trickier with AFC-AFC matchups.  For example, on Sunday night, with the Pats playing the Ravens, who were Bills fans supposed to root for (for PLAYOFF purposes only - I realize that Bills fans generally want to root against the Pats)?  For AFC East division reasons, you would root for the Ravens, as a win by them helps knock the Pats out of the division race.  BUT, the Pats are unlikely to catch us in the race and the Ravens and Bills might be competing for playoff seeding.  If Miami were to somehow overtake the Bills and win the division, and the Steelers win their division over the Ravens, the Bills are then competing with the Ravens for wildcard seeding in the AFC and we would thus want them to lose to the Pats.  I realize it's just a little early for this stuff, but it's how my mind (and I'm sure many others' on this board) works.

16 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

For certain games, it's obvious.  Miami-Denver is a good example.  You clearly want Denver to win.  Or with rare exception, anytime an AFC team is playing an NFC team, you want the NFC team to win.  It gets trickier with AFC-AFC matchups.  For example, on Sunday night, with the Pats playing the Ravens, who were Bills fans supposed to root for (for PLAYOFF purposes only - I realize that Bills fans generally want to root against the Pats)?  For AFC East division reasons, you would root for the Ravens, as a win by them helps knock the Pats out of the division race.  BUT, the Pats are unlikely to catch us in the race and the Ravens and Bills might be competing for playoff seeding.  If Miami were to somehow overtake the Bills and win the division, and the Steelers win their division over the Ravens, the Bills are then competing with the Ravens for wildcard seeding in the AFC and we would thus want them to lose to the Pats.  I realize it's just a little early for this stuff, but it's how my mind (and I'm sure many others' on this board) works.

No doubt, playing around with the playoff machine  is a true yearly joy for me, gives me something to do at the office other than work too.