Bring me up to speed....Wha Happened?

TH3

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

What happened? A bunch of left wing idiots replaced a bunch of right wing idiots. That’s the state of our union! It’s truly sad.

If only more could see through the smoke and realize it. There are no winners and losers amongst we the people. No matter the color of the wave - The political elite continue to bamboozle the rank and file into enriching them, their friends and their families. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Well, it was all before Trump...He certainly has brought out the divisiveness that has been building for years.  I hope we can recover from it....

The RAND Corporation did an interesting study on why Russia employed a "firehose" approach to their disinformation campaigns. It basically found what many of us have seen proven out. That first impressions are very difficult to change.

For instance, you take a serial lying conman and paint him as a benevolent victim of some deep state conspiracy using a barrage of deep fakes and falsehoods, that first impression is ingrained.

We have seen this play out here. Where no amount of fact checking or evidence to the contrary can sway folks. They would rather create a fantasy view of the world and an echo-chamber shared by others who are duped where their beliefs will not be challenged.

https://www.rand.org/pubs/perspectives/PE198.html

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Bidens_basement said:

Not only right wingers. Anyone with half a brain. This place is a cesspool of communist liberals. 

And yet you post here as much as anyone! Hmm...

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'FOLLOW ME ON PARLER'

Edited by Buftex
  • Haha (+1) 5

18 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Still in your heads I see. LOL

You never forget the crazy ones. 

16 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Full on liberal paranoid fantasies on display here.  A psychiatrist could make enough fixing these libs to buy a NFL team!!

Funny how your conspiracies are "Truth" and the actual truth to you is "Paranoid fantasy"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, John Adams said:

I tried to register there to ask for DR’s 2024 election prediction so I could bet all my money on the opposite outcome but the site blocked my registration. 

I posted the same question here. Hopefully one of you can fill me in. I’ll skip 2 years of page-long-condescending posts about how he knows who will win. Seen that show twice now. He spends a lot of time telling everyone how he knows what will happen, only to be proven wrong, and then revised his script. Пщй

Wait, you sought out and tried to follow an internet stranger to another site so you could mock him?

Wow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Full on liberal paranoid fantasies on display here.  A psychiatrist could make enough fixing these libs to buy a NFL team!!

Paranoid fantasies? 

Like the responsible, scientific, and fact-based approach Trump and the GOP took acknowledging a pandemic and the precautions Americans should take to avoid spreading it and causing more people to become sick and/or die?

Covid-19:

11,400,796  US Cases

249,187       Deaths

157,319       Average New Cases per day.

• Really listen and hear where Trump is taped actually acknowledging (privately) that the virus is dangerous and tricky because it is transmitted through the air.

• Listen to the several instances of Trump downplaying and mocking the basic precaution of mask-wearing. Politicizing the most basic precautions that US citizens could take against spreading the virus mocking wearing masks that are proven to cut down on transmission of the virus through the air. True leaders lead by example.

• The sad reality from front-line healthcare workers about folks that believed the lies about the harmless nature of the virus and gasp their last breaths in disbelief that the virus has killed them.

I have a good friend, Jim who is an emergency RN in MN. I would not mock him being a nurse as he is also a badass black belt and has to regularly subdue guys that are off their rocker on drugs or just mentally unstable.

I used to think he had the coolest job ever as he was also one of those who flew in choppers when a patient needed an emergency air-lift. I was talking to his wife last week and she wants him to quit because he has been working  7 days a week and double-shifts for months because of Covid-19. By the time folks get to their ER it is pretty bad. She says he is just burnt out from all the deaths, not that he had not seen death before but it was never this constant depressing rate he is seeing now.

Lastly, to borrow from that other text:

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions...

2 Timothy 4:3

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Paranoid fantasies? 

I think when the dust settles a lot of front line workers are going to be in really bad shape mentally and psychologically. 

I think it's dawning on a lot of these rural healthcare workers how many deaths could have been avoided had the virus not become a political issue by Trump who tied his election survival to the economy. 

The nurse talking about people not believing they have COVID, or wanting access to whatever care Trump got is especially troubling. They were completely brainwashed and it cost them their lives. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 5

17 hours ago, Muppy said:

blocked your registration? Dayum that surprises me they let Me in LOL as far as 2024 predicts I haven't seen any hell there is zero concession from some on who has won THIS election much less 2024 

It was an autoblock. I used this name and my email. The website was kind enough to invite me to contact the moderators but I declined and just came over here to post my question. 

I will check back in to see what his prediction is in a few years. Want to place my bet! 

27 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I think when the dust settles a lot of front line workers are going to be in really bad shape mentally and psychologically. 

I think it's dawning on a lot of these rural healthcare workers how many deaths could have been avoided had the virus not become a political issue by Trump who tied his election survival to the economy. 

The nurse talking about people not believing they have COVID, or wanting access to whatever care Trump got is especially troubling. They were completely brainwashed and it cost them their lives. 

Shut up idiot, and Cuomo, Whitmer, the turd in New Jersey, and Newsome didn't kill any elderly, with their loser policies, right! Talk about being in a cult if you loser libs somehow pass that on to Trump. You libs are ***** idiots! 

• Like (+1) 1