Winning teams vs. winning teams

Tortured Soul

Bills are 4-3.  Only two of 14 other teams have as many as three wins, and only one other team has played as many as five such games.

Miami - 2-2

Pittsburgh - 3-0
Baltimore - 2-2
Cleveland - 1-3
Indianapolis - 1-2
Tennessee - 1-2
Kansas City - 2-1
Las Vegas - 3-2
Green Bay - 1-1
New Orleans - 2-2
Tampa Bay - 2-2
Seattle - 1-3
Arizona - 2-1
Los Angeles - 1-2
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I never put much stock into preseason schedule comparisons but after TEN games and we’ve played seven against teams that currently have winning records, that’s brutal for sure. This has to get easier in the final run...right?

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, H2o said:

We all knew the schedule was a heck of a lot tougher this year. We have a good football team and Josh has taken a huge step forward. We will have earned every bit of our success. 

its an impressive 7-3 for sure. i honestly think the schedule has been even a bit harder than we expected and, like you said, we all expected a tough one.

7 out of 10 games with 6-3 record or better. thats absurd.

• Like (+1) 4

Exactly. This years Bills team is on the cusp of taking it to the next level. To be 7-3 with this schedule is fantastic (and a crazy miracle play away from 8-2). Josh Allen is the real deal. Yes, defense needs to get better but I have not felt this level of excitement since 1987 when the Kelly led Bills were about to flip the script. I think we all should be very optimistic about the rest of the season and heading into the playoffs.

Wow I knew we had it tough but I didn´t know how hard it has been. 

This confirm to me that we have a good team, sometimes we don´t play as good as we can (Tenn), somo others the other team its just better (KC) and sometimes a the game goes away in the most improbable way it could (AZ).

7-3 and I don´t think we lose more than 2 more games, but I know we can compete with anybody. 

Go Bills!

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I never put much stock into preseason schedule comparisons but after TEN games and we’ve played seven against teams that currently have winning records, that’s brutal for sure. This has to get easier in the final run...right?

Chargers, Denver, Pats, niners currently all have losing records so that’s technically easier. Sadly, no more jets games.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

And yet we have thread after thread started claiming how "concerned" fans are and claiming that "good teams" don't do what our team does.

Green bay got blown out by Tampa, and Tampa got blown out by New Orleans, and New Orleans lost to Green bay and needed OT to beat the chargers and bears...

You don't always play your best game, the key is winning a few when you don't play well.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, MJS said:

And yet we have thread after thread started claiming how "concerned" fans are and claiming that "good teams" don't do what our team does.

Amazing how hyper critical some Bills fans are.  Even when they have an awesome team in front of them they still feel the need to cherry pick faults.  Has to be in their upbringing.  No normal person would think that way.....

11 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Amazing how hyper critical some Bills fans are.  Even when they have an awesome team in front of them they still feel the need to cherry pick faults.  Has to be in their upbringing.  No normal person would think that way.....

I think a few struggle to acknowledge that there can be things wrong and the team still be good. They are on both sides as well. There are some people who say "hey we are 7-3 so everyone criticising should shut up every team loses" and there are some who say "we might be 7-3 but look at all these things that are wrong the sky is falling."

The truth of course is in the middle. I used to say frequently when we were going 6-10 and 7-9 every year that some people refused to accept that there were some good things about the organisation and the team in those years.... being below .500 does not mean everything deserves criticism. In the same way now being above .500 doesn't mean nothing does.

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Chargers, Denver, Pats, niners currently all have losing records so that’s technically easier. Sadly, no more jets games.

We gotta win those 4 games. Maybe we upset the Steelers but those 4 are critical. And the Cheats will probably be the toughest of these.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think a few struggle to acknowledge that there can be things wrong and the team still be good. They are on both sides as well. There are some people who say "hey we are 7-3 so everyone criticising should shut up every team loses" and there are some who say "we might be 7-3 but look at all these things that are wrong the sky is falling."

The truth of course is in the middle. I used to say frequently when we were going 6-10 and 7-9 every year that some people refused to accept that there were some good things about the organisation and the team in those years.... being below .500 does not mean everything deserves criticism. In the same way now being above .500 doesn't mean nothing does.

Definitely agree.  For all the talk about how great the defense was - we ignore the fact that they played last years dolphins and jets twice, the redskins with haskins, the broncos with brandon allen, the bengals, and the steelers with duck hodges.  And this year they've played - KC, Tenn, Sea, LAR, LV, zona - all within the top like 10 of offensive DVOA.  

What I mean to be saying is - they aren't the worst defense in the world.  They were also probably never as good as last years numbers suggest.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Tortured Soul said:
Bills are 4-3.  Only two of 14 other teams have as many as three wins, and only one other team has played as many as five such games.

Miami - 2-2

Pittsburgh - 3-0
Baltimore - 2-2
Cleveland - 1-3
Indianapolis - 1-2
Tennessee - 1-2
Kansas City - 2-1
Las Vegas - 3-2
Green Bay - 1-1
New Orleans - 2-2
Tampa Bay - 2-2
Seattle - 1-3
Arizona - 2-1
Los Angeles - 1-2

Thanks for sharing this.

This is what I was sharing in another thread. We have the most wins against above .500 teams of any team.

What I didn’t know though is that we’ve played two more games against above .500 teams than any other team on this list. And for most the teams on this list, we’ve played three more games against above .500 teams.

Yeah, we’re good!

Yeah but how come we have only beaten the bad 6-3 teams on our schedule, we haven’t beaten any of the good 6–3 teams. Plus 2 of the Bills wins came against the Jets which I believe negates any wins against teams with a winning record. Throw in the fact that they beat the Patriots without Tom Brady so that doesn’t really count, and essentially you have an 0-10 team here

• Haha (+1) 2