Week 11: Bye Week updates

YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

He also throws the ball a ton which increases the probability. I’m ok with a few INTs if he’s otherwise producing through the air. 

Exactly ^^^^  seems just like yesterday when we had all these discussions about our QB being afraid of pushing the ball down field , and how sick and tired we were of hearing ( well he’s protecting the ball ) and doesn’t turn the ball over , and now that we finally got a QB that leads the league in passing yards and is winning games for us and BTW only 7 INT after 10 games  and some people are now complaining about that , jus f*****n SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he's only got 7 in 10 games. that projects out to only 11 on the season.

That's still more than we'd like him to have.  He had 9 last year.

On 11/17/2020 at 7:16 AM, YoloinOhio said:

We’ve reached our bye week, and I think having one this late in the season is a total gift. Get healthy for the stretch run of the last 6 games and playoffs. We are leading our division, 7-3, and have the league’s leading passer at QB. The Bills have 4 wins over teams with winning records and their 3 losses are also to teams with winning records. It’s been a gauntlet, they’ve dealt with lots of key injuries/opt outs, Covid issues, etc and while not they aren’t perfect, they are pretty damn good. Josh will likely get passed in week 11 in yards but I honestly never really dreamed he would be at this level at this time last year.

Yolo, do teams do injury reports during the bye?

Anyone else know?

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't watch all the other INTs in the NFL but it's worth noting that Allen could also have 2 less INTs than he has.  The Kroft catch that was ruled an INT was laughable.  The pass that bounced off Roberts shoulderpads or whatever should have been caught or knocked down.

To be fair, he could have had at least two more also, just from the Cardinals game. 

On 11/17/2020 at 10:55 AM, LeGOATski said:

I hate bye weeks...

This will be good for the team, though. They should come out on fire against the Chahgahs.

I needed this one. I am pretty banged up from all the excitement, pizza and wings etc this season !

But honestly , i love that the Bills get a late bye week. Seems an advantage to me.

Go Bills

On 11/17/2020 at 10:57 AM, oldmanfan said:

The late bye works well for the Bills.  I think anyone would have taken 7-3 at this juncture, and now we get guys healthy for the stretch run. 

Yessir !

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Was listening to WGR they we’re talking about Poyer Greg Cosell said that Poyer is one of the best safeties in the league and in his opinion even better then Jamal Adams 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good thing they extended Poyer before this season. Same with Dawkins. Their value has only gone up since. 

Both players who are better with bigger wallets in their pants.

I wonder if Poyer could beat Kyle in a swimming contest.

33 minutes ago, finn said:

To be fair, he could have had at least two more also, just from the Cardinals game. 

To be fair, he could have had at least two less if referees had better eyes but you course left that out Phish Finn.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's still more than we'd like him to have.  He had 9 last year.

I guess I would disagree. His int % is actually lower than last year. He’s throwing a ton. I can’t find a rankings of int % but I’d wager he’s in the top half of the league.

he’s on pace for over 30 td passes while his int % has dropped a tick from last year. With what has been put on his plate due to lack of run game and defense i know I’m personally fine with that pace... it sure would be nice to see him string together a couple of error free games like he's shown in the past though.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I guess I would disagree. His int % is actually lower than last year. He’s throwing a ton. I can’t find a rankings of int % but I’d wager he’s in the top half of the league.

14th with 1.9%  12th if you want to call it a tie instead of going out to a 2nd decimal place (hidden).  So top half of the league, sure, but we want him to be better.

Lot of guys on the list above him passing a ton, too - Mahomes, Carr, Brees, Rodgers, Big Ben, Ryan, Burrow, Brady

image.thumb.png.fe4aff87fd1e9059ef2bfaad3ae161bf.png.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2020 at 8:33 AM, YoloinOhio said:

It’s crazy, I do think there is an element of luck to it and he’s able to have “bad” games when he faces a lot of pressure like in most of the SB last year. He just has the ability to come through in the clutch even if he does have a bad game. 

And he never seems rattled. 

23 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

right. he threw only 9 all of last year but his int % is actually slighty down this season with a TON more attempts.

Add the fact that the normally more safe security blanket TE throws are practically nonexistent.  Its hard to put to much blame on a QB that is lacking proper run support or production from the TE position IMO.

I know I sound like a broken record. T J Yeldon and Duke Williams need to be utilized in the Bills Offense IMO. 

Edited by Figster
  • Awesome! (+1) 1