Week 11: Bye Week updates

YoloinOhio

On 11/17/2020 at 7:31 AM, SoCal Deek said:

He’s good for sure but with the tight windows in the NFL somebody is bound to tip a ball at the line and....no? He’s thrown it well over 300 times and has one interception! Geez

He has had a couple dropped.  Doesn't happen often though.

On 11/17/2020 at 10:03 AM, matter2003 said:

There has been...every NFL QB could probably have 4 or 5 more INT's than they have...I know Allen could easily. DB's are not known for their ability to catch the ball most of the time...that is why they are not WR's...

I don't watch all the other INTs in the NFL but it's worth noting that Allen could also have 2 less INTs than he has.  The Kroft catch that was ruled an INT was laughable.  The pass that bounced off Roberts shoulderpads or whatever should have been caught or knocked down.

• Like (+1) 2

Does anyone have an update on Dane Jackson's injury?  No one asked about him at McDermott's or Frazier's pressers, not that I suppose we'd have learned much.

Banged up points out he came back into the game briefly:

CB Dane Jackson (right knee)

Jackson went down with a right knee injury tackling Christian Kirk in the 3rd quarter. He completed the tackle and rolled over, holding his right knee. It’s still not clear what he did to the knee even on the film below. I had initially thought he suffered a hamstring strain as he extended his leg out to grab Kirk, but I’m not certain that is the case. 

It’s very possible he hit the knee on the ground as both he and Kirk were falling. There is also the possibility that Jackson got a cleat to his knee, though slowing down the film, I personally couldn’t see anything. Jackson was observed later on the exercise bike appearing to keep the knee loose to prevent any potential swelling which also dissuades me from considering a hamstring. 

Jackson did return in the final moments of the game as DeAndre Hopkins caught the game-winner. Either Jackson gutted it out because the coaching staff knew he was the best option over Daryl Worley or the injury wasn’t as significant as originally thought. I am going to go with the latter in this case. 

I am also not certain that Jackson will show up on the injury report next week for two reasons. While he is continued to be used as a regular call up or COVID replacement call up, he is not officially on the active roster. Practice squad players are not placed on the regular injury report released through the week. Sometimes they are acknowledged as former Bills offensive lineman Evan Boehm was earlier this season, but I do not believe the team has any obligation to publicly release these details. 

If Jackson gets signed to the open roster spot available due to Del’Shawn Phillips going to IR, then Jackson could be on the injury report. I also don’t believe that the injury is serious enough without more information to determine that he will be on the report.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 11/17/2020 at 11:22 AM, UB2SF said:

Poyer's rankings in tackles clearly indicate how soft our rush D is.  They're also a good reminder of how different our W/L record might be if he wasn't such a sure tackler in the open field.

Poyer's rankings are partly due to how many snaps he takes close to LOS.

He has sacks and QB hits.

In game against Seahawks Bills were dropping linemen in coverage and doing other kinds of exotic blitzes and Poyer was on a lineman and pushing him into pocket.

I bet that lineman had to review film.

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Looks like next week will be the all white throwbacks. Chargers already announced they will be wearing their all blue navy jerseys.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2020&week=12&league=NFL

Yes! Bills throwbacks are the best uniform in sports history.

31 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Poyer's rankings are partly due to how many snaps he takes close to LOS.

He has sacks and QB hits.

In game against Seahawks Bills were dropping linemen in coverage and doing other kinds of exotic blitzes and Poyer was on a lineman and pushing him into pocket.

I bet that lineman had to review film.

Was listening to WGR they we’re talking about Poyer Greg Cosell said that Poyer is one of the best safeties in the league and in his opinion even better then Jamal Adams 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Putin said:

Was listening to WGR they we’re talking about Poyer Greg Cosell said that Poyer is one of the best safeties in the league and in his opinion even better then Jamal Adams 

Good thing they extended Poyer before this season. Same with Dawkins. Their value has only gone up since. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He also throws the ball a ton which increases the probability. I’m ok with a few INTs if he’s otherwise producing through the air. 

right. he threw only 9 all of last year but his int % is actually slighty down this season with a TON more attempts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2