Week 11: Bye Week updates

YoloinOhio

We’ve reached our bye week, and I think having one this late in the season is a total gift. Get healthy for the stretch run of the last 6 games and playoffs. We are leading our division, 7-3, and have the league’s leading passer at QB. The Bills have 4 wins over teams with winning records and their 3 losses are also to teams with winning records. It’s been a gauntlet, they’ve dealt with lots of key injuries/opt outs, Covid issues, etc and while not they aren’t perfect, they are pretty damn good. Josh will likely get passed in week 11 in yards but I honestly never really dreamed he would be at this level at this time last year.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mahomes has thrown ONE interception all year? That’s unbelievable. 

His talent and Andy Reid's offense is a dream match.  He is the best Quarterback in the NFL right now, and I wouldnt say its incredibly close. 

I dont know how they pay everyone but if they keep it up they are going to win multiple championships.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

His talent and Andy Reid's offense is a dream match.  He is the best Quarterback in the NFL right now, and I wouldnt say its incredibly close. 

I dont know how they pay everyone but if they keep it up they are going to win multiple championships.

And it's shaping up for him to be league MVP again. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He’s good for sure but with the tight windows in the NFL somebody is bound to tip a ball at the line and....no? He’s thrown it well over 300 times and has one interception! Geez

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

He’s good for sure but with the tight windows in the NFL somebody is bound to tip a ball at the line and....no? He’s thrown it well over 300 times and has one interception! Geez

It’s crazy, I do think there is an element of luck to it and he’s able to have “bad” games when he faces a lot of pressure like in most of the SB last year. He just has the ability to come through in the clutch even if he does have a bad game. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s crazy, I do think there is an element of luck to it and he’s able to have “bad” games when he faces a lot of pressure like in most of the SB last year. He just has the ability to come through in the clutch even if he does have a bad game

Agreed, and ironically Josh would have had this same penchant given his throw to Diggs on Sunday if that miracle catch didn't happen....

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

With the amount of good players he has at his disposal I would assume the windows are bigger for him because of separation.  Rodgers is another one who doesnt throw INTs.   I think in the last three years he is something like 71-6.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s crazy, I do think there is an element of luck to it and he’s able to have “bad” games when he faces a lot of pressure like in most of the SB last year. He just has the ability to come through in the clutch even if he does have a bad game. 

There has been...every NFL QB could probably have 4 or 5 more INT's than they have...I know Allen could easily. DB's are not known for their ability to catch the ball most of the time...that is why they are not WR's...

2 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

Agreed, and ironically Josh would have had this same penchant given his throw to Diggs on Sunday if that miracle catch didn't happen....

I think Allen is very bit if not MORE clutch than Mahomes.  Allen would have had 12 4th Q Comebacks in his career if they didn't lose on a luky play to the Cards which would have tied Brees for the most since Allen came into the league in 2018. Allen missed several games in that year and is there anyone who doesn't believe that we beat the Pats last year if Allen doesn't get hurt and Barkley throws a game killing INT in the 4th Q at the goalline?

Granted Mahomes doesn't need to come back too often because they are largely ahead most of the time but still...

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I hate bye weeks...

This will be good for the team, though. They should come out on fire against the Chahgahs.

Good sign that Keenan Allen said the Dolphins really confused them with their defensive looks and they were so confused they decided to run the ball instead of throwing it late in the game.  Bills should be able to do the same thing as we are known for disguising and bringing pressure from all over.

Edited by matter2003
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

With the amount of good players he has at his disposal I would assume the windows are bigger for him because of separation.  Rodgers is another one who doesnt throw INTs.   I think in the last three years he is something like 71-6.

I was just ready to say this.  The KC receivers are always wide open...especially Tyreek...plus they are fast, so if the ball is not entirely accurate, they can go get it.  Mahomes is good, but he's got an outstanding supporting cast.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Good sign that Keenan Allen said the Dolphins really confused them with their defensive looks and they were so confused they decided to run the ball instead of throwing it late in the game.  Bills should be able to do the same thing as we are known for disguising and bringing pressure from all over.

Well it could be good if over the bye McDermott and Frazier can figure out how to improve the run defense. Ranking 28th in Rush yds/gm  and 29th in Rush yds/play has been a weakness needing attention and improvement.

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

think Allen is very bit if not MORE clutch than Mahomes.  Allen would have had 12 4th Q Comebacks in his career if they didn't lose on a luky play to the Cards which would have tied Brees for the most since Allen came into the league in 2018.

8 Fourth Quarter Comebacks, 

11 Game-Winning Drives. 

since the Bills were trailing it would have been a comeback.  

being a tie score makes it a GWD 

8 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

and the speed and weapons they have.. Tyreek, Kelce, that Edwards-Hilaire Mecole... Sammy is the fourth or fifth best skills player. That o line... 

those guys are running around wide open..

• Like (+1) 1