No excuse for Corey Bojorquez

HOUSE

He certainly needs more consistency. I'm not sure he is worth all the effort to develop him, but we'll see. He does boom them sometimes, but he often out kicks the coverage too, setting up the returner.

I'm not super concerned, but I'm still undecided on him.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LittleSammy said:

Look on the bright side, it only took him 10 games to figure out how to spin the ball on place kicks so Tyler Bass isn't kicking the laces!

Actually part of the blame goes to Ferguson.  

It's frustrating with him because he sucks at dropping the ball inside the 20. Worst part of his game. He was bad and at the bottom of the league his first 2 years with the Bills.  He has boomed a few this year bringing his avg.way up. But for me the most important job of a punter is ball inside the 20. He has no touch whatsoever. Never been a big bozo fan but if he can keep those laces out for Bass, I'll tolerate him.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's frustrating with him because he sucks at dropping the ball inside the 20. Worst part of his game. He was bad and at the bottom of the league his first 2 years with the Bills.  He has boomed a few this year bringing his avg.way up. But for me the most important job of a punter is ball inside the 20. He has no touch whatsoever. Never been a big bozo fan but if he can keep those laces out for Bass, I'll tolerate him.

The one touchback probably should've been downed.  He kicked it to the right side - coverage was there - they just couldn't find the ball for whatever reason. 

2 hours ago, dneveu said:

The one touchback probably should've been downed.  He kicked it to the right side - coverage was there - they just couldn't find the ball for whatever reason. 

The coverage was faked out by a returner running up to to field a phantom short kick at the 20 while the actual one lands inside the 10 and bounds into the endzone while I am yelling at the gunners to get to the goal line, turn around, and find the ball.  They did not hear me.   This has happened once in the last two games.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is the hope this Thread ages as poorly as the no excuse for Bass one has? 

he's not a rook working out the kinks, so I'd give up hope on that. he'll be here the rest of the season and hopefully he doesn't have too many more shanks.

off season he will be looking for work elsewhere and it may not even be in the league?

How many punts did Moorman shank in his entire career?  Bodork has way too many shanks and bad punts.  It's not just a once-in-a-while thing.  It always comes at the most critical times in games and ends up costing us games.  I'm just shocked that we've been unable to find another punter who could do better. Guessing that Bodork has pictures.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

How many punts did Moorman shank in his entire career?  Bodork has way too many shanks and bad punts.  It's not just a once-in-a-while thing.  It always comes at he most critical times in games and ends up costing us games.  I'm just shocked that we've been unable to find another punter who could do better. Guessing that Bodork has pictures.

Sorry but comparing him to arguably the best punter the Bills have ever had, at least in the past 3 decades, is unfair.

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sorry but comparing him to arguably the best punter the Bills have ever had, at least in the past 3 decades, is unfair.

Makes sense, especially since Moorman used to get the MVP chants!  We are better off now not having our punter be our MVP!

36 minutes ago, Manther said:

Makes sense, especially since Moorman used to get the MVP chants!  We are better off now not having our punter be our MVP!

Yup.  Still can't hurt trying to upgrade though.

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

FYI... 

Bojo career average is 44.1.  Moormans is  43.8...

maybe inconsistency will work itself out and he’ll be fine

I did not know that.  Still though, punters have gotten better over the years.  And I wasn't advocating for cutting Bojo over his one bad punt this year.

4 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

If it continues we can cut him but it was one bad punt on the year. Also several people have blamed him putting in the end zone but our punt coverage people are not getting down there to down it, he had at least one land at the 5 and then bounce in. 

I'm gonna have to disagree on this.  I saw a punt I think was in Seahawks game where the 2 coverage guys came down and stopped at the 12 yard line expecting it to land there but the football 🏈 landed on the 3 and bounced into the EZ.  That's Bojo out kicking his coverage. Happens frequently.  He doesn't seem to have much control over how far it goes or where it lands.

And as far as all punters shanking some, I don't recall any Brian Moorman shanks.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Do you think we should just settle for mediocrity now that Moorman is retired?