No excuse for Corey Bojorquez

HOUSE

11 hours ago, klos63 said:

Yes, a bit.  If you dismiss 40% of his punts inside the 20  because of not many punts, not sure you can say he's inconsistent either.  I can't really think of any real bad kick besides this 12 yarder

Well I disagree.  On the list of priorities he’s down there, but I don’t really feel that overall he’s consistently pinned the ball deep.  He’s average at best, maybe below-average for a punter IMO

On 11/17/2020 at 7:37 AM, TheProcess said:

I may be in the minority here, but I think they should’ve moved on from Bojo a long time ago. Sure, he can get ahold of one pretty good from time to time, but fairly underwhelming overall for me.

I'm with you.

The one thing that matters most in a punter is consistency. You don't need him booming 70 yarders... you need accuracy and consistency.

When's the last time you've seen Bojo kick one that angles out of bounds at the 1 or 2 yard line?

When's the last time you've seen Bojo kick one that lands at the 5 yard line and takes a huge bounce up in the air to allow for a great ST play?

He has a big leg, so everyone thinks he's good, but he's bad at the two things that matter most -- accuracy and consistency.

There's a reason we looked at so many punters in the offseason. We need a new one.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To be perfectly fair, the ball had to travel about that far just to get to the LOS.  Therefore, it had to travel about twice that far.  A terrible punt to be sure, but I probably couldn't do any better on my best day.  If he doesn't have any more like that the rest of the year, I'm OK with him.  More than once a year starts to be a problem.

Yeah that one was a clunker but other than that I think this has been his best season yet. 

And for the crowd that thinks they oughta move on from him... uh, they've tried, but haven't found anyone able to do it better just yet. He can boom it he just needs to keep working to get more consistent. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Bojo has been great all year and had one bad game and now you are ready to cut him? Dam that's cold blooded.

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Yeah that one was a clunker but other than that I think this has been his best season yet. 

And for the crowd that thinks they oughta move on from him... uh, they've tried, but haven't found anyone able to do it better just yet. He can boom it he just needs to keep working to get more consistent. 

He has been a top 10 punter in the league this season one bad game not withstanding. Against the Cardinals he looked like he did in 2019 but all year he has been a big positive out there.

• Like (+1) 1