No excuse for Corey Bojorquez

HOUSE

It was actually a fantastic punt.  What you didn’t see is that his shanked punt hit Dan Lebatard in the stands knocking him unconscious.

Some things are more important than football.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Haha (+1) 4

40 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He is number 4 in punting average, and number 11 in net.  Having a good season, but really hasnt had to punt much.  That said, that was maybe the worst punt I've ever seen.

Are you old enough to remember Marv Bateman?

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

1 hour ago, vincec said:

He's hit or miss in the extreme. He can punt it 70 yards or 12. Makes it tough on the coverage team.

how many really short kicks has he had this season? his average is about 50 yards per kick, 40% of his punts have been inside the 20. He's having a pretty solid season.

BTW- his 12 yard punt didn't make it tough on the coverage team. They didn't have to do much of anything.  Do you have an issue with 70 yard punts as well? He flipped the field in the Tennessee game with a long punt.

52 minutes ago, klos63 said:

how many really short kicks has he had this season? his average is about 50 yards per kick, 40% of his punts have been inside the 20. He's having a pretty solid season.

BTW- his 12 yard punt didn't make it tough on the coverage team. They didn't have to do much of anything.  Do you have an issue with 70 yard punts as well? He flipped the field in the Tennessee game with a long punt.

The inconsistency makes it tough. He is aiming for an area of the field where the coverage scheme is designed to focus. If he kicks it somewhere else- shorter, to the other side, even deeper, then coverage can be difficult. Consistency is critical in getting a good net punting average and avoiding big plays against.

I don't think he's having a terrible season. He is in the middle of the pack in net punting average and punts inside the 20. But this is an area he can improve on, IMO.

Edited by vincec

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Just this past week 

Titans Punter Trevor Daniel With the WORST PUNT of the Year (17 YARDS!)

yes 12 is worse than 17, 

But it happens from time to time 

I remember Paul McGuire talking about the occasional shank, and how it was a disaster for the team whenever he kicked one.  Even the greats shank one occasionally.

First bad punt of the year. out of 25 punts.  That is pretty consistent to me

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Shanks are going to happen. My problem with him is he never pins it back to inside the 10, always a touchback

Alot of that is on the Coverage team

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

That was the best 12 yard punt I’ve ever seen.. I thought for sure it was going to be blocked..

Ha, its also not fair to assume that both kickers that play for our team are going to have a great day.