AP reports that Brees has multiple fractured ribs, collapsed lung

Does not sound good

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/ap-source-saints-brees-has-rib-fractures-collapsed-lung/ar-BB1b48E2

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the Saints have not announced specifics about Brees' injury, which the 41-year-old quarterback said occurred on a heavy hit by San Francisco defensive lineman Kentavius Street in the second quarter of New Orleans 27-13 victory over the Niners on Sunday.

Brees' injuries, which were first reported by ESPN, are expected to sideline the quarterback for multiple weeks. Two of the Saints' next three games are against the Falcons, first on Sunday in the Superdome and then in Atlanta on Dec. 6. In between, New Orleans visits Denver on Nov. 29.

Saints coach Sean Payton said Monday he would not comment on any injuries before the first required injury report of this week on Wednesday.

Bear in mind that AP requires that what they report be confirmed by at least 2 sources with direct knowledge

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Brees' injuries, which were first reported by ESPN, are expected to sideline the quarterback for multiple weeks. Two of the Saints' next three games are against the Falcons, first on Sunday in the Superdome and then in Atlanta on Dec. 6. In between, New Orleans visits Denver on Nov. 29.

Saints coach Sean Payton said Monday he would not comment on any injuries before the first required injury report of this week on Wednesday.

yikes.  

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Does not sound good

Bear in mind that AP requires that what they report be confirmed by at least 2 sources with direct knowledge

I cringed when I saw the replay and heard what had happened. Collapsed lung sounds very scary. 

He has had a great career and hope he considers his long term health when he evaluates coming back. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Would suck if this is how Brees career ends but this also opens the door for Brady and the Bucs to still possibly win the division despite the sweep by the Saints.

same injury opened the door for Brady and NE 20 years ago..

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not like Le Conjecture who requires three sources - me, myself and I.

And I think it is fortunate when error occurs with Falcons 2 of next 4 games. 

The Falcons have not shown much so far.

Say it with me: Taysom. Isn't. Good.

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has Payton actually come out and said that and I missed it?

No, everything he says about Taysom is coach speak.  Take, for instance, what he said this past offseason: "I think Taysom sees himself as being a starting quarterback in this league and we do too."

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

This is because Sean Payton knows he needs a plan that isn't Taysom Hill, even if it means Taysom "leading" the Saints to 2-14 and a first overall pick in the next couple years.  All this despite him begging the Saints to pay the dude top backup money, which I'm convinced gets kicked back to him somehow.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I still don’t understand why Jameis is the backup with all the preaching Sean Payton does about Taysom Hill being the heir to Brees. 

Takes coaches and players out to Red Lobster after he QBs a win.  Hill only will pop for Burger King.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

10 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

Bridgewater went 5-0 last year. Winston can win some games with that team. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I hope they can manage to stay ahead of the bucs 

This is a huge spot for Winston. He is basically auditioning for the league right now. For the Saints job as well as any numerous QB positions this offseason that will available. A bunch of money on the line for the kid.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Going to Crab Legs is beyond stupid.... If they want to win the division they should be starting Taysom. Most likely trickery by Peyton and Taysom ends up with lots of snaps at QB and everywhere else.

Why? They have three extremely winnable games and you need to evaluate what you have in Winston...he could be their legit long term qb.