Joshs development has been amazing

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes,  it's quite obvious that they were.

It became A LOT easier to be a successful QB than it was prior to those rule enforcement changes.

It's not a real blurry line when things changed either.........Cam Newton threw for a rookie record 422 yards in his first NFL game in 2011. 

They've been passing rules to favor QBs/offense since the early 2000s.  And while it may have helped Newton throw for more yards/as a rookie, it didn't make him a franchise QB (if he is one, which is debatable).

But tell me, which QB from 1999-2010 could have been a franchise QB with the new rules beginning in 2011?

36 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I have no issues with Steve. 

haters gotta hate I guess. 

WTF is it with dividing people into "no issues" and "haters"?

I'm not a hater.  I loved Tasker as a player.  I like him at times on "the Lo Down" and stuff. 

I think he came across as a tool in the questions he asked Daboll about his starting QB - no more, no less

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF is it with dividing people into "no issues" and "haters"?

I'm not a hater.  I loved Tasker as a player.  I like him at times on "the Lo Down" and stuff. 

I think he came across as a tool in the questions he asked Daboll about his starting QB - no more, no less

I was not calling you a hater. you made a poor assumption. 

my comment earlier was that a number of people do not like Steve as a reporter. 

All they want to do is tear him down 

again and again.  Ergo haters. 

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I was not calling you a hater. you made a poor assumption. 

my comment earlier was that a number of people do not like Steve as a reporter. 

All they want to do is tear him down 

again and again.  Ergo haters. 

He and Josh are alike in that manner.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/20/2020 at 7:43 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

I wonder if fans realize Josh Allen is going to shatter Jim Kelly's best season (1991) of 3844. He may also break the 33 tds he threw that same year? He needs to avg 249/ game to catch Bledsoe for all time Bills record for a season.

The thing about that 1991 season is that the Bills' QBs collectively threw for 4,140 yards and 39 TDs. Reich had 6 TD passes himself that year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Not the 2018 to 2019 jump with this guy? https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm

I thought he took an inordinate amount of unnecessary grief at the end of his tenure in Miami.

He was in a gawdawful situation with minimal help from his front office, coaches or teammates and imo acquitted himself pretty well.

He wasn't lighting the world on fire but he wasn't hurting his team either.

I was happy to see him leave the division because I thought he was a solid player with potential to be pretty good in a better situation.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not the 2018 to 2019 jump with this guy? https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TannRy00.htm

Tannehill has had high completion % before 

from 2018 to 2019 his completion % jumped by 6 

Josh went from 52% to 58% to 68%

For a young guy 10 % is big 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

56 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

There was a point in Miami when Tannehill was the league's worst deep ball thrower.

It was comical.

Every team was just daring him to push the ball downfield.

Now he is among the best...........he can really drop a deep ball in a bucket to get over an opposing defense.

Allen's improvement has been pretty systematic and probably as linear as one could have hoped for a 3 year process.............last year he really advanced his short to intermediate accuracy..........this year his big improvement is basically all the things that are associated with the game "slowing down" for him.........awareness, pocket presence, decision making.

So far,  his work on improving his deep ball throwing hasn't yielded the desired results though.

They are at the point where they might just want to run 40 yard out passes and let him pipe it in on a line(like only he and a select few could) rather than try to get over the top of a defense............case in point the TD throw to Diggs last week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/22/2020 at 4:15 PM, Doc said:

They've been passing rules to favor QBs/offense since the early 2000s.  And while it may have helped Newton throw for more yards/as a rookie, it didn't make him a franchise QB (if he is one, which is debatable).

But tell me, which QB from 1999-2010 could have been a franchise QB with the new rules beginning in 2011?

The difference was that defenses could always adapt to previous rules changes.    

Defense's came up with schemes to combat a greater emphasis on passing........like the zone-blitz in the mid 90's........that was designed to address the west coast offense but it was even more of a killer blow to the big meathead down-field passer prototype.    

And then teams started throwing huge dollars into their pass defenses in the 2000's................CB and pass rusher started collecting the kind of athletic talent that used to gravitate to the RB position.

The real savvy vets like Brady and Brees and Manning who could get the ball out quick could adapt to the faster athletes and complex defense's.

But the young studs, specifically Rodgers and Roethlisberger,  who played a more exciting downfield passing style of game?  They were taking a beating and having to play thru a lot of concussions.

It was bad optics and just plain bad for business and the future of the sport.

So the decision was made to take away the defense's right to be violent.

And taking that degree of violence out of the pocket and middle of the field for receivers...........that just took the lid off of the passing game.

The next season 7 QB's had top 25 all time passing yardage seasons.........now it's pretty common to have a 5,000 yard passer lead the league and to have young QB's playing well right away.

As the passing game has grown and young athletes see these positions can be played relatively safely and great contracts are doled out.........more talent is coming into the league at QB.........which is increasing the odds of hitting on these selections, IMO.

OMG 

What is wrong with agreeing that Josh has progressed immensely since his rookie season?

There is nothing to argue. 

His completion % has gone up year after year. 

His INT’s have gone down bigly 

He’s not making those dumb mistakes anymore!!

Bill Belichick noticed one big improvement in Josh Allen from last season, and here's what it is

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichick-noticed-one-big-improvement-in-josh-allen-from-last-season-and-heres-what-it-is/amp/

Even with his recent struggles, [games 5 and 6] Josh Allen is still one of the most improved quarterbacks in the NFL. Allen has improved his completion percentage by nearly 10% and is four touchdowns away from matching his total of 20 from last season -- and the Buffalo Bills have only played seven games.

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

OMG 

What is wrong with agreeing that Josh has progressed immensely since his rookie season?

There is nothing to argue. 

His completion % has gone up year after year. 

His INT’s have gone down bigly 

He’s not making those dumb mistakes anymore!!

Bill Belichick noticed one big improvement in Josh Allen from last season, and here's what it is

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bill-belichick-noticed-one-big-improvement-in-josh-allen-from-last-season-and-heres-what-it-is/amp/

Even with his recent struggles, [games 5 and 6] Josh Allen is still one of the most improved quarterbacks in the NFL. Allen has improved his completion percentage by nearly 10% and is four touchdowns away from matching his total of 20 from last season -- and the Buffalo Bills have only played seven games.

Agree with all this but just wanna say he’s actually at 21 pass Td’s this year already. 27 overall 

• Like (+1) 1

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/20/bleacher-report-buffalo-bills-most-improved-josh-allen/amp/

Josh Allen is systematically answering the critics. If the numbers don’t convince you, then outdueling Russell Wilson—who is in the midst of an MVP season—should be the conclusive evidence.

Allen is showing he can play with any quarterback on any given week. The seventh pick in the 2018 draft put up over 400 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions against Seattle. It was his second game of the season with those numbers. The rest of the league combined has just one of those games.

The quarterback has improved just about every rate-based statistic from his 2019 campaign and done so without sacrificing his running production. He’s second on the team in rushing yards (241) and leads the team in rushing touchdowns (five).

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Agree with all this but just wanna say he’s actually at 21 pass Td’s this year already. 27 overall 

I’m quoting weeks old articles 

I have not or thought to update them. 

the posts are to show how the NFL world sees Josh’s improvement. 

Even SI put him on their cover!!!

The Infinite Possibilities of Josh Allen

There’s no telling what you’ll get on any given snap, but two months into the 2020 season the highs are far outweighing the lows.

Allen is the reason the Bills are 7-3 and thinking about February football, all while compiling a highlight reel the likes of which you’ve never seen.

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/22/2020 at 4:15 PM, Doc said:

I would have to think on the more recent guys but the 3 Chris's from the late 80's and 90's are the one's that come most quickly to mind.

Chris Chandler.......aka "Chris-tal Chandelier"

Chris Miller

Jim "Chrissy" Everett

They would have absolutely feasted in this NFL..........I mean those guys could deal the ball...........they just couldn't deal with getting more violent hits in a rough start than good QB's get in an entire season now.    All three of them might have played into the 2000's with todays protections as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There was a point in Miami when Tannehill was the league's worst deep ball thrower.

It was comical.

Every team was just daring him to push the ball downfield.

Now he is among the best...........he can really drop a deep ball in a bucket to get over an opposing defense.

Allen's improvement has been pretty systematic and probably as linear as one could have hoped for a 3 year process.............last year he really advanced his short to intermediate accuracy..........this year his big improvement is basically all the things that are associated with the game "slowing down" for him.........awareness, pocket presence, decision making.

So far,  his work on improving his deep ball throwing hasn't yielded the desired results though.

They are at the point where they might just want to run 40 yard out passes and let him pipe it in on a line(like only he and a select few could) rather than try to get over the top of a defense............case in point the TD throw to Diggs last week.

Love your last point, but allen could probably throw a 50-yard deep out on a rope!

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I would have to think on the more recent guys but the 3 Chris's from the late 80's and 90's are the one's that come most quickly to mind.

Chris Chandler.......aka "Chris-tal Chandelier"

Chris Miller

Jim "Chrissy" Everett

They would have absolutely feasted in this NFL..........I mean those guys could deal the ball...........they just couldn't deal with getting more violent hits in a rough start than good QB's get in an entire season now.    All three of them might have played into the 2000's with todays protections as well.

Chandler wasn't a 1st rounder.  As for Miller and Everett, they might have thrown for more yards, but it was their decision-making that hurt them most.  They would have been Jay Cutlers.