Joshs development has been amazing

4 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man just peaked at his stats with a much tougher schedule he’s literally 219 yards from passing his entire season totals from last year.  With six games left that’s fantastic considering he still literally has like zero running game to take the pressure off him.

Yup! So glad we have him and so glad I was wrong about him (initially).

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I did not see THAT.........but there were some pundits who had high regard for his talent and some who did not.

Some fans focus on the analysts with negative takes and miss all the positives.

For example.......Mel Kiper isn't amazed.  

Allen was often mocked #1 overall in the year prior to his draft......he was a big time prospect.

I've said it before but in more drafts than not from 1990-2017 Josh Allen probably goes #1 overall..........tall, athletic, big armed passers with excellent intangibles don't usually fall too far.

I'll always give props to Kiper on this one.  I don't know that anyone had Josh mocked #1 overall, other than Kiper.  

This one of my favorite clips that I bookmark and re-watch periodically from a year and a half ago.  However, it now also occurs to me how difficult this all is as he's also quite positive on Darnold who the jury is still out on (being generous)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man just peaked at his stats with a much tougher schedule he’s literally 219 yards from passing his entire season totals from last year.  With six games left that’s fantastic considering he still literally has like zero running game to take the pressure off him.

Last I saw he's leading the NFL in passing yards again.  

Like the announcer said a 10 point jump in completion % is astounding.  of course a good WR corp helps.  

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Not that there's anything wrong with Stafford. Not his fault that he plays for the Lions.

I've liked Stafford.  Incompetent coaches and lack of talent at times hasn't helped him.  

Now that he's up in age a young 32, he'll be ignored like Matt Ryan as a good QB  

• Like (+1) 3

Well, after 10 games, that’s a good sample size, he’s on pace for 4600 yards, 34 TD’s to 11 Int’s, and a 68% completion %.  I’d say that’s pretty impressive in year 3.  I was cautiously optimistic before the season, and he has more than exceeded expectations.  I was so happy when he said after the donations, he wanted to be a Bill for life.  I believe him.  It’s funny if he marries his girl in Buffalo, they could end up like the Kelly’s or Thomas’s and stay after their football career.  

Anyway, I’m not deterred at all because of the loss on Sunday.  He played well and we just lost on a fluke play in the last seconds of the game.  It’s not like we were blown out.  In three weeks, I can easily see us 9-3, heading into the Steelers game.  This sounds silly, but I’d rather lose in a hiccup to the Broncos, as long as we win in Pittsburgh.  You know even if the Ravens beat the Steelers and it ends up they are 11-1, and we are 9-3, every analyst on the planet will take the Steelers.  I’m not fearful of them, just excited for the challenge.  We have the offense to do it.  As slow as Bug Ben has looked with his knee, I’m hopeful we blitz all day that game, especially safety blitzes.  They seem to work well in the right scenario.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's been fun and it's impressive how much work Allen has put in........ but we shouldn't be astonished by a QB who was picked 7th overall playing at a high level in year 3.

We absolutely should - without the slightest doubt - be astonished by the Josh Allen of year one and year two playing like he has been in year three. Everyone else is beyond shocked, and for very good reason.

In fact, we should be astonished at anyone not named Rodgers, Brees, Mahomes, Wilson, Brady, Watson or Roethlisberger playing at this level. Maybe throw in Ryan or the octogenarian Brady, but maybe not.

Edited by Thurman#1

7 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Daboll being there for him the entire way can't be emphasized enough either - and it's only a matter of time when he's offered HC interviews. Selfishly, it'd be nice the local guy turns them down until accomplishing some "unfinished business" - a Lombardi

One can only hope....as much as I maligned Daboll last year it certainly seems like the QB to OC connection/trust is there this year.  The lights coming on brighter and brighter for JA.  It  has been fun to watch..... 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's been fun and it's impressive how much work Allen has put in........ but we shouldn't be astonished by a QB who was picked 7th overall playing at a high level in year 3.

Tell that to the Browns, Jets, Eagles, Giants, Dolphins (Rosen) and there are tons of examples. Picking QBs is a crapshoot. You aren't even close to guaranteed a franchise QB with the 6th pick.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Last I saw he's leading the NFL in passing yards again.  

Like the announcer said a 10 point jump in completion % is astounding.  of course a good WR corp helps.  

I've liked Stafford.  Incompetent coaches and lack of talent at times hasn't helped him.  

Now that he's up in age a young 32, he'll be ignored like Matt Ryan as a good QB  

Even with good weapons, aside from Cole Beasley, there have been a ton of drops, so that makes Josh's season more impressive. His accuracy has been off and on but I think what has really helped him turn the corner is his vast improvement in reading defenses and faking out defenders either with his eyes or bluffing throws. Really good at selling on play action, too.

9 hours ago, NewEra said:

Who said they were astonished?

Weren’t you the one that said the most overrated resource is a 1st rd pick.  It’s a roll of the dice.  Even at the #7

This is why I was hoping Beane would trade out 2021 first rounder for a solid one-technique tackle, pretty much the only major hole the Bills have this year. He might have tried, who knows. 

2 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Even with good weapons, aside from Cole Beasley, there have been a ton of drops, so that makes Josh's season more impressive. His accuracy has been off and on but I think what has really helped him turn the corner is his vast improvement in reading defenses and faking out defenders either with his eyes or bluffing throws. Really good at selling on play action, too.

ALL QB's have accuracy issues at times.  Otherwise you'd see 90 and 95% completion percentages

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nucci said:

did you watch the game last night? We should be very happy we have Allen. 

I am happy to have Allen.

8 hours ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

a rubber armed Foles could never get that ball out there on time, it would be fair caught as a pick 😆

It had a lot of mustard on it. Watch the replay, and if you think that 35 yard OUT is just a stock NFL throw, I assure you you're wrong!

https://twitter.com/ErikJTurner/status/1328458986740396033?s=20

Yes, there are QB's who could not make that throw. But I assure you there are a lot of QB's in the NFL who could.

The impressive thing about it is how clutch it was, not that is was some superhuman throw that nobody else could make. I think a coach would be concerned if his NFL QB could NOT make that throw.

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Absolutely! 

Look at Arizona KC Ten etc can do on the ground,  takes a ton of pressure off the QB. 

If we can get a run game going imagine how much better Josh would be! It's amazing really.  

5 hours ago, cage said:

I'll always give props to Kiper on this one.  I don't know that anyone had Josh mocked #1 overall, other than Kiper.  

This one of my favorite clips that I bookmark and re-watch periodically from a year and a half ago.  However, it now also occurs to me how difficult this all is as he's also quite positive on Darnold who the jury is still out on (being generous)

My favorite draft guru Dave Te' Thomas had Josh as the best QB prospect of 2018: https://www.bigblueview.com/2018/4/21/17264242/nfl-draft-report-josh-allen-cream-of-quarterback-crop-2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-josh-rosen

Cream of the Crop -- Josh Allen, Wyoming

While Allen is likely to go high in the draft, this projection is based on his pro football potential. Yes, there are still quite a few rough edges to work out, and those that compare him to Carson Wentz are missing the boat (Wentz is much more advanced), but he does have a Joe Flacco-like arm and the Matt Ryan ability to change a game with his arm. All he needs is patient coaching.