Joshs development has been amazing

Man just peaked at his stats with a much tougher schedule he’s literally 219 yards from passing his entire season totals from last year.  With six games left that’s fantastic considering he still literally has like zero running game to take the pressure off him.

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man just peaked at his stats with a much tougher schedule he’s literally 219 yards from passing his entire season totals from last year.  With six games left that’s fantastic considering he still literally has like zero running game to take the pressure off him.

It's been fun and it's impressive how much work Allen has put in........ but we shouldn't be astonished by a QB who was picked 7th overall playing at a high level in year 3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's been fun and it's impressive how much work Allen has put in........ but we shouldn't be astonished by a QB who was picked 7th overall playing at a high level in year 3.

Who said they were astonished?

Weren’t you the one that said the most overrated resource is a 1st rd pick.  It’s a roll of the dice.  Even at the #7

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Game to game is going to be bumpy, but that’s just how it goes. Year to year? No question the improvements are real. Where is the ceiling? I can’t wait to see!

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If not astonished, definately encouraged. He's on schedule

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who said they were astonished?

Weren’t you the one that said the most overrated resource is a 1st rd pick.  It’s a roll of the dice.  Even at the #7

1) The OP.    The literal definition of "amazing" is "to be filled with astonishment".  

2) I've said that if you aren't using it on a QB.........a first round pick is the most overrated personnel chip.

Fans always EXPECT a first round pick to become a star...........but less than half play well enough to even get their 5th year option picked up.

QB's are a bit more of a risk.........I think @Kirby Jackson had a data set once that said you could expect about 15% of first round QB's to become franchise QB's........but the reward is so much higher than that of drafting any other position so what was amazing  was how few shots the Bills had taken at QB's in round 1 in the prior 58 drafts.

Daboll being there for him the entire way can't be emphasized enough either - and it's only a matter of time when he's offered HC interviews. Selfishly, it'd be nice the local guy turns them down until accomplishing some "unfinished business" - a Lombardi

Edited by JimKellyTryouts
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well according to so many experts that he was the worst QB taken in that draft and how inaccurate he is and he will NEVER be a 60% completion QB , yah id say it’s pretty darn well impressive what he’s been able to achieve so far 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Well according to so many experts that he was the worst QB taken in that draft and how inaccurate he is and he will NEVER be a 60% completion QB , yah id say it’s pretty darn well impressive what he’s been able to achieve so far 

I did not see THAT.........but there were some pundits who had high regard for his talent and some who did not.

Some fans focus on the analysts with negative takes and miss all the positives.

For example.......Mel Kiper isn't amazed.  

Allen was often mocked #1 overall in the year prior to his draft......he was a big time prospect.

I've said it before but in more drafts than not from 1990-2017 Josh Allen probably goes #1 overall..........tall, athletic, big armed passers with excellent intangibles don't usually fall too far.

47 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1) The OP.    The literal definition of "amazing" is "to be filled with astonishment".  

2) I've said that if you aren't using it on a QB.........a first round pick is the most overrated personnel chip.

Fans always EXPECT a first round pick to become a star...........but less than half play well enough to even get their 5th year option picked up.

QB's are a bit more of a risk.........I think @Kirby Jackson had a data set once that said you could expect about 15% of first round QB's to become franchise QB's........but the reward is so much higher than that of drafting any other position so what was amazing  was how few shots the Bills had taken at QB's in round 1 in the prior 58 drafts.

Interesting. I always associated astonishing with surprising, while amazing (the most overused adjective) something a bit different. Kobe had an amazing game. It’s kobe, he was amazing, but what he did on the court wasn’t surprising.  It was expected.....because he was amazing.

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Coaching stability. Gradually increasing talent around him each year. Josh's work ethic and football IQ. Recipe for success. 

Only question I have about Josh Allen is will he be another Matthew Stafford type QB or will he be another Wilson/Mahomes. 

Not that there's anything wrong with Stafford. Not his fault that he plays for the Lions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

The journey from the dragon egg to Drogan has been amazing

His level of improvement and efficiency is amazing. And the most astonishing thing is he will continue to improve.  Talk about projectability and ceiling. Not even Jim had arm strength or athleticism like this. This will be a fun 10 year ride.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

His last throw to Diggs was a throw a guy open 30 yards downfield before the break throw. 

I am not sure anyone else would have made that throw.

Perhaps only Mahomes, Rodgers and Stafford could even physically do it.

And I am not sure they would even pull the trigger and make that connection on Peterson.

It definitely sizzled in flight.

It was perfectly placed, and indefensible.  Reminds me of that sideline 30 yard plus dart Aaron Rodgers threw to Jared Cook a few years ago against Dallas... just jaw dropping.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

I am not sure anyone else would have made that throw. Perhaps only Mahomes, Rodgers and Stafford could even physically do it. 

It was perfectly placed, and indefensible.  Reminds me of that sideline 30 yard plus dart Aaron Rodgers threw to Jared Cook a few years ago against Dallas... just jaw dropping.

Hmm. It was a good throw for sure, but why do you think other NFL QB's couldn't make it?

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hmm. It was a good throw for sure, but why do you think other NFL QB's couldn't make it?

a rubber armed Foles could never get that ball out there on time, it would be fair caught as a pick 😆

It had a lot of mustard on it. Watch the replay, and if you think that 35 yard OUT is just a stock NFL throw, I assure you you're wrong!

https://twitter.com/ErikJTurner/status/1328458986740396033?s=20

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1