Anyone else wake up still feeling very optimistic?

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Really?  I don't think so...

However, I have no issue with being proven wrong. Allen is way better than I thought he'd ever be for example.

that's nice.  i get you like the interaction with other people, but you don't need all interactions to be negative interactions.  i'm sure you have many positives about you that we would all appreciate.  instead of just predicting the failure of the team  you love, why don't you let us know about some of your interests?  

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Dunno, even Chris Simms and Kyle Brandt see it like this now. Two of the biggest Bills/Allen cheerleafers out there...

I'm not the one who is generally reacting negatively... I love you guys.

they've said we need to watch out and that they are coming. they arent wrong. neither have said they are the prohibitive favorites. almost nobody is saying that. 

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I figured I'd throw that out there, as now it seems all the Bills players love one another. We fans should love one another as well. Even if we disagree most of the time.

do you have messed up interests or something?

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I figured I'd throw that out there, as now it seems all the Bills players love one another. We fans should love one another as well. Even if we disagree most of the time.

Kyle Brandt was asked if this is the Bills division, he flat out said no. He also, with Kay Adams, believes it comes down to the wk17 game with the Dolphins.

this doesnt mean that miami is the favorite. saying something comes down to week 17 doesnt mean the fins are the favorite. this isnt that hard, is it?

Lets see how MIA handles being road favorites.  DEN and NYJ are should be wins same with Cincy at home.  If all 3 phases dont play well can they win those games?  How do they handle NE, KC, LV.  If those are L's they would need to beat Buffalo and finish with more wins b/c Buffalo will have the better division record for tie breaker.

Edited by Mat68

17 hours ago, Gene1973 said:

Nope! Dolphins will win AFCE...

Well with guys like you cheering them on... 

Go Bills!!!

At the end of the day can Miami play better than they played over the last month?  I would argue they cant.  Has Buffalo played a complete game in all 3 phases?  I dont think so.  Buffalo playing at a sub optimal level is still above MIA.  Buffalo has 3 should be wins and 3 tough games.  I put Mia in that tough category.  Mia has 3 should be wins and 4 tough games.  Out of Buffalos tough games they beat 2 of the teams already and Mia faces 2 teams that beat them.

If you would have offered me a split between Seattle and Arizona, I take it all day.  But man, that loss hurts.

That being said, it does feel good to be in a place as a fan where a painful loss potentially just means a different 1st round game, vs seeing the Pats still own the division or our playoff hopes are dashed.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Greg S said:

I definitely expect them to be 8-3 once they play the Chargers. Sitting on this loss for two weeks has to be tough. I expect they will come out with a solid performance in two weeks. Herbert is good but his team isn't.

I think the Bills should beat San Diego and Denver comfortably.  They can be competitive with an excellent chance of beating San Francisco, New England, Miami.  They have a chance of beating Pittsburgh, but a lot of things have to go right, unlike the last game against Arizona.  That is not a prediction of running the table or even going 5-1.  Both outcomes are possible, but lots of unforeseen obstacles can get in the way of that.

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I think the Bills should beat San Diego and Denver comfortably.  They can be competitive with an excellent chance of beating San Francisco, New England, Miami.  They have a chance of beating Pittsburgh, but a lot of things have to go right, unlike the last game against Arizona.  That is not a prediction of running the table or even going 5-1.  Both outcomes are possible, but lots of unforeseen obstacles can get in the way of that.

They need to ride this latest wave of disappointment and grow that chip on their shoulder. The entire team has yet to play their best game. If they can get healthy, reduce the penalties, and play disciplined, they can beat whoever they need to. 

1 hour ago, BringBackFlutie said:

They need to ride this latest wave of disappointment and grow that chip on their shoulder. The entire team has yet to play their best game. If they can get healthy, reduce the penalties, and play disciplined, they can beat whoever they need to. 

Frankly, I just worry about the weather forecast when we play the Chargers. If weather forces us to convert to a run first offense again, that just isn’t our strength, no matter how much that chip has grown. If the weather allows for it, I have confidence that this offense will come out and make a huge statement for a full 60 minutes, without the 3rd quarter let down. If the weather allows for it....

5 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

Frankly, I just worry about the weather forecast when we play the Chargers. If weather forces us to convert to a run first offense again, that just isn’t our strength, no matter how much that chip has grown. If the weather allows for it, I have confidence that this offense will come out and make a huge statement for a full 60 minutes, without the 3rd quarter let down. If the weather allows for it....

It is strange that a cold weather football team has trouble running the ball. Given the weather of the Northeast especially WNY you would think having a good run game would be a top priority. I love the fact that Josh throws it all over the place for big plays but teams like Buffalo have to be able to pound the rock late in the season and playoffs.

I have thought too much about why I was not bothered by that game and have several reasons: 1) we rarely play well on the west coast 2) Cardinals were the much more desperate team 3) the Cardinals are a really good team 4) we did not play well for long periods of time 5) Josh still made the plays to win it in the final minutes 6) most importantly, Hopkins made the kind of play that happens a few times a year that is more luck than anything. For all these reasons I do not believe this game will cost us the division.