Anyone else wake up still feeling very optimistic?

JerseyBills

We have had almost no continuity on the O-Line, which s an absolutely crucial ingredient to offensive success. It is astounding how well we have done so far with a make shift O-Line. Our QB and WR's are spectacular. Our TE's have been decimated with injuries and illnesses, that will hopefully improve going forward. Our special teams are excellent. The Defense has regressed since last year, but is still pretty good. Stopping the run needs to improve.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I was starting to feel really good about this teamagain after last week but this loss yesterday was a very Billsy type of debacle that will be talked about for years to come unless this team somehow wins a SB this year which is very unlikely.

Therefore any optimism i had has become morose and I feel somewhat empty knowing this team is on borrowed time in terms of their current division lead and even making the playoffs this year as a wildcard may be asking too much given this teams glaring deficiencies on both sides of the ball.

Oh really? Totally believable post. I would have thought you were far more "morose" last week when this team beat the Seahawks, considering that you didn't really post anything after the game. Pretty typical behavior - if the Bills do well, High IQ's quite silent. If the Bills lose, even by a fluke hail mary (lol at "Billsy debacle"), this board becomes a swamp of High IQ claims of Dolphins superiority.

You know, you can just converse as a Dolphins fan instead of being a weirdo. Nobody really cares.

Back to the thread though, heck yeah I feel optimistic. It was non-conference on the road and Josh led a last minute beautiful strike to Diggs. Had it not been for an absolute dream throw to the best receiver in the game, and/or Bill O'Brien being a complete moron, this team would be 8-2. And we're still 7-3 with a division lead. It's a grind Bills fans, don't get greedy. We're in a wonderful spot.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

When Hopkins made the catch, I laughed. I thought to myself, that doesn’t take away the fact that JA led another great should be GW drive.  Diggs is a stud.  Beasley made one of the best catches I’ve ever seen.  Our D made huge stops prior to the Hail Mary.  Bass has JA’s arm for his leg.  We lost to a pretty good team on a fluke perfect 50 yard pitch and catch.  What can you do?  If that one play doesn’t happen, the narrative is completely changed.  Everyone would be talking about how clutch JA is and we’d be thinking super bowl.  

but now.....we just get to see the overly sensitive show themselves 

So well said. Murray was the shiny new toy everyone wanted to talk about today. 5 years from now Josh will have a ring and Kyler will be RG3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sure I am still optimistic. I like more about what is happening than I dislike. That game came with a few head scratchers but the Cards still needed a miracle play at the end. 

I think Bills fans have been fans through a lot of terrible and I think outside of the Superbowl runs you could make a good argument that this has been the best the team has been in a long time. 

If the Bills didn't beat themselves they would probably be undefeated so far.

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QCity said:

I think some of you need to lay off the liquor and save up that money and invest in a shrink, because if a single play in the middle of November can do this to you, professional help is warranted.

No.  Liquor is cheaper than a shrink.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

After the catch last night, I immediately left my house. I put my phone on the passenger seat of my car and took off with no destination in mind. 

I hit the power on my radio, probably out of pure habit and instantly shut it off as sports talk blared through the speakers.

I was in shock. I was upset.

A familiar feeling I've experienced for ar least 13 years overtook my body, My beloved Bills just lost another "Billsy" game  and I was upset about it!

After feelings of pure joy and euphoria for about 2.5 minutes , these feelings suddenly attacked me!

A funny thing happened though, the last 14 years of being 18+ and expecting that Billsy loss hangover,  I wake up still feeling great about my Beloved Bills, in November!!

They were a fluke play away from beating a very good team. They overcame adversity with the Covid situation, with a rough 2nd half , but still took the lead with 35 seconds remaining! 

I wake up realizing this team is for real 

Played another very good team close for 60 minutes

Yes they took the L but through 10 games ,a 7-3 record,  they proved they're the real deal and legit SB contenders , in my eyes..

It’s still disappointing, but yes, optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

After the catch last night, I immediately left my house. I put my phone on the passenger seat of my car and took off with no destination in mind. 

I hit the power on my radio, probably out of pure habit and instantly shut it off as sports talk blared through the speakers.

I was in shock. I was upset.

A familiar feeling I've experienced for ar least 13 years overtook my body, My beloved Bills just lost another "Billsy" game  and I was upset about it!

After feelings of pure joy and euphoria for about 2.5 minutes , these feelings suddenly attacked me!

A funny thing happened though, the last 14 years of being 18+ and expecting that Billsy loss hangover,  I wake up still feeling great about my Beloved Bills, in November!!

They were a fluke play away from beating a very good team. They overcame adversity with the Covid situation, with a rough 2nd half , but still took the lead with 35 seconds remaining! 

I wake up realizing this team is for real 

Played another very good team close for 60 minutes

Yes they took the L but through 10 games ,a 7-3 record,  they proved they're the real deal and legit SB contenders , in my eyes..

Have you seen the defense play. They will make the playoffs and maybe even win the division. No chance they get by KC/Pitt in a big spot. Probably can't beat Ten either. They are building a good team but they are not there yet defensively to be considered a legit SB contender. The best part about this season is Josh is proving to be a FQB.

8 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I was starting to feel really good about this teamagain after last week but this loss yesterday was a very Billsy type of debacle that will be talked about for years to come unless this team somehow wins a SB this year which is very unlikely.

Therefore any optimism i had has become morose and I feel somewhat empty knowing this team is on borrowed time in terms of their current division lead and even making the playoffs this year as a wildcard may be asking too much given this teams glaring deficiencies on both sides of the ball.

well this is trying pretty hard.

8 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

i hope this is a made up message board schtick of yours because if this is real life.... yikes. scary.

I dont feel as bad because it is the regular season and we get to play in 2 weeks against a team we should beat at home. I expect this to motivate us for the coming stretch and FIX our problem of not putting teams away.

A few things i feel:

We are better than the Cards, who are a good team. We have a good coach, QB and team, and have a bright future. Apart from Murray theatrics we really looked like the better team.

Murray is an incredible weapon, one who will be electric and great for a 3 years, then probably take one on the knee and never be the same again. Allen seems to have more potential as a pocket guy. I see him having the longer, more consistant career. 

I also see the RPO. Murrays dont grow on trees.

The only bad thing is these damn Phins breathing down our throat. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

Yesterday i woke up completely ticked off and sad and dejected still. I had told myself i was gonna unplug for a couple of days.... But then i got to thinking thats probably the slowest way to get over this, so you know what i did? i freaking IMMERSED myself in it. i dove head first into that play. i had the tv in my office rolling on sports shows all freaking day long. everytime that clip came on i made sure i sat there and watched. i still frequented my same sports sites on online and i even tuned into my NFL radio on sirius XM eveywhere i drove. 

..... The premise was to totally desensitize myself to that flukey BS as fast as i could. and ya know what...... IT WORKED. it was a baptism yesterday and i came out this morning washed pure! 

See the source image

Edited by Stank_Nasty

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i hope this is a made up message board schtick of yours because if this is real life.... yikes. scary.

He's a troll. Trolls are gonna troll. Expect nothing less. :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think both the play of Newton as well as the Dolphins is unexpected... Dolphins are rebuilding much faster than the Bills.

expect they arent. Buffalo came in and went to the dance year one and was 10-6 by year 3. they are now on their way to playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons and a good chance at more.

how is the fins MAYBE making the playoffs year 2 "much faster"? why dont you people think before you type?

26 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I think both the play of Newton as well as the Dolphins is unexpected... Dolphins are rebuilding much faster than the Bills.

to you maybe. He was washed before he got to NE. The way he looks right now wasnt a surprise to me in the least.

I'm pretty optimistic.  I think Buffalo still has an advantage over Miami in the division race, and should make the playoffs if they don't fall apart completely.  It also looks like they will be very healthy after their bye.  Maybe Milano has to sit one more game under the rules for IR.

30 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I'm pretty optimistic.  I think Buffalo still has an advantage over Miami in the division race, and should make the playoffs if they don't fall apart completely.  It also looks like they will be very healthy after their bye.  Maybe Milano has to sit one more game under the rules for IR.

I definitely expect them to be 8-3 once they play the Chargers. Sitting on this loss for two weeks has to be tough. I expect they will come out with a solid performance in two weeks. Herbert is good but his team isn't.

Edited by Greg S