Anyone else wake up still feeling very optimistic?

JerseyBills

After the catch last night, I immediately left my house. I put my phone on the passenger seat of my car and took off with no destination in mind. 

I hit the power on my radio, probably out of pure habit and instantly shut it off as sports talk blared through the speakers.

I was in shock. I was upset.

A familiar feeling I've experienced for ar least 13 years overtook my body, My beloved Bills just lost another "Billsy" game  and I was upset about it!

After feelings of pure joy and euphoria for about 2.5 minutes , these feelings suddenly attacked me!

A funny thing happened though, the last 14 years of being 18+ and expecting that Billsy loss hangover,  I wake up still feeling great about my Beloved Bills, in November!!

They were a fluke play away from beating a very good team. They overcame adversity with the Covid situation, with a rough 2nd half , but still took the lead with 35 seconds remaining! 

I wake up realizing this team is for real 

Played another very good team close for 60 minutes

Yes they took the L but through 10 games ,a 7-3 record,  they proved they're the real deal and legit SB contenders , in my eyes..

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I pretty much agreed with everything you wrote except being legit SB contenders.  I still have a hard time believing the team is there just yet.

But yeah it definitely doesn’t feel like the 2009 McKelvin fumble debacle 

😂😁😁 

Was that the Pats game where they vandalized his house or something? 

I still disagree and believe they can beat any team on any given Sunday and to me that makes em SB contenders 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Nope! Dolphins will win AFCE...

Dolphins are not making  the playoffs 

I would be more afraid of the dolphins if Fitzy was playing 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

After the catch last night, I immediately left my house. I put my phone on the passenger seat of my car and took off with no destination in mind. 

I hit the power on my radio, probably out of pure habit and instantly shut it off as sports talk blared through the speakers.

A familiar feeling I've experienced for ar least 13 years overtook my body, My beloved Bills just lost another "Billsy" game  and I was upset about it!

After feelings of pure joy and euphoria for about 2.5 minutes , these feelings suddenly attacked me!

A funny thing happened though, the last 14 years of being 18+ and expecting that Billsy loss hangover,  I wake up still feeling great about my Beloved Bills, in November!!

They were a fluke play away from beating a very good team. They overcame adversity with the Covid situation, with a rough 2nd half , but still took the lead with 35 seconds remaining! 

Yes they took the L but through 10 games ,a 7-3 record,  they proved they're the real deal and legit SB contenders , in my eyes..

When Hopkins made the catch, I laughed. I thought to myself, that doesn’t take away the fact that JA led another great should be GW drive.  Diggs is a stud.  Beasley made one of the best catches I’ve ever seen.  Our D made huge stops prior to the Hail Mary.  Bass has JA’s arm for his leg.  We lost to a pretty good team on a fluke perfect 50 yard pitch and catch.  What can you do?  If that one play doesn’t happen, the narrative is completely changed.  Everyone would be talking about how clutch JA is and we’d be thinking super bowl.  

but now.....we just get to see the overly sensitive show themselves 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Nope looking at today’s threads HC needs to be fired 

• Haha (+1) 1

I was shocked and wanted to throw up. I thought we'd go into our bye 8-2 and in total control of the division regardless of what Miami did. A whole 2 weeks to heal up key players and scheme up new gameplay for the stretch run. Letting Miami know it doesn't matter what you do, we'll just keep winning. If we won going into the bye the pressure would have been on them to keep pace and now they have incentive to gain ground.

They're the ones who keeping winning. Fueling their fire and building momentum and confidence every week. Personally, I don't think they've been all that impressive but style points matter very little when you're winning. 

Now, they may very well still flame out and crash but as of now it doesn't look like it. These final 6 games will be very telling and test the resolve of this team and coaching staff. This loss is gonna sting for awhile.

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I came away thinking this team is going nowhere if it can't stop the run or run the football effectively.  Same as it's been in the NFL since its inception.

So you felt the same as you did prior to the game.  

Anybody living and dying with every game needs to get a grip.  7-3 at the bye, 4-0 in the division, and you'd think this team was playing like the Jets if you read this board.  The team made a play and beat NE, they didn't and lost to AZ, that's just football.  Jesus, after toughing it out since the Clinton administration, you'd think fans would be just a bit more even keeled.

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I came away thinking this team is going nowhere if it can't stop the run or run the football effectively.  Same as it's been in the NFL since its inception.

See I agree completely but just 2.5 weeks ago they rushed for nearly 200 and got the W 

Cards were the 2nd best run team in the game and besides 5-6 big runs, we stood tall. 

We still didn't run effectively but put up 30 and took a 4 point lead with 35 sec. So the gameplan worked. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Anybody living and dying with every game needs to get a grip.  7-3 at the bye, 4-0 in the division, and you'd think this team was playing like the Jets if you read this board.  The team made a play and beat NE, they didn't and lost to AZ, that's just football.  Jesus, after toughing it out since the Clinton administration, you'd think fans would be just a bit more even keeled.

Or at least excited about what’s going on. You’d think this team and coaching staff was a bunch of bums even though we are about to go to the playoffs 3 out of 4 under the new regime. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

God no.  It was a punch to the gut that I really haven't felt since the MCM.  I couldn't even go outside to walk it off.

I I immediately left.

Didn't watch the kickoff. I was gone 

I was sick as well. Liquor store was my 1st stop lol

15 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

See I agree completely but just 2.5 weeks ago they rushed for nearly 200 and got the W 

Cards were the 2nd best run team in the game and besides 5-6 big runs, we stood tall. 

We still didn't run effectively but put up 30 and took a 4 point lead with 35 sec. So the gameplan worked. 

It worked against the Cards in a dome but it's not going to work in December/January outside against teams like Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, Titans, etc... 

15 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I I immediately left.

Didn't watch the kickoff. I was gone 

I was sick as well. Liquor store was my 1st stop lol

I didn't because there was a storm of biblical proportions outside.  Nothing to do with liquor.  LOL.

• Like (+1) 2