Murray's 2 running TD's tells it all!

LB48

15 hours ago, LB48 said:

Both of the plays were identical.  Play-action to the back and then get Hughes to make a one-on-one decision as to who he should tackle.  He bit on the RB both times and Murray literally walked in to the end zone.

Where were the other LB's and especially where was the D-Line??  They were invisible.  It was great scouting by the Cardinals to see that weakness in our defense.

It's all pretty discouraging.

It's both coaches and players. The RPO should have been practiced and practiced to nauseum in practice.  Evidently it wasn't because it looked like they'd never seen it before. STAY IN YOUR LANE! I should have been screamed all week long. Do your job!.

But I also find it nearly impossible they didn't drill it in to their heads, so they players just ran on instinct and their preparation. 

On 11/16/2020 at 9:35 PM, LB48 said:

Both of the plays were identical.  Play-action to the back and then get Hughes to make a one-on-one decision as to who he should tackle.  He bit on the RB both times and Murray literally walked in to the end zone.

Where were the other LB's and especially where was the D-Line??  They were invisible.  It was great scouting by the Cardinals to see that weakness in our defense.

Yeah, I’m discouraged as well since we will be facing a bunch of fleet footed QB’s like Murray down the stretch.

I shudder when I think of Big Ben doing that to us.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:10 PM, Protocal69 said:

Shaq would have stay home on Murray. Just saying

and probably missed the tackle... just saying

20 hours ago, jkx2 said:

It's both coaches and players. The RPO should have been practiced and practiced to nauseum in practice.  Evidently it wasn't because it looked like they'd never seen it before. STAY IN YOUR LANE! I should have been screamed all week long. Do your job!.

But I also find it nearly impossible they didn't drill it in to their heads, so they players just ran on instinct and their preparation. 

RPOs kill this team in general.  Forces the LBs off the LOS and into coverage, and runs against our dline shred the defense.  Read options always a challenge when the QB has better foot speed than the players he's reading.  

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

and probably missed the tackle... just saying

RPOs kill this team in general.  Forces the LBs off the LOS and into coverage, and runs against our dline shred the defense.  Read options always a challenge when the QB has better foot speed than the players he's reading.  

He didnt miss any vs Lamar Jackson. Just saying. Watch the tape

Edited by Protocal69

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not yet. He will get creamed eventually. It's inevitable.

This. He is going to get absolutely SMOKED one day and he'll never be the same again.

It's not a matter of IF but WHEN.

Even out of frustration, someone is going to send him into the stratosphere. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/17/2020 at 8:21 AM, warrior9 said:

It absolutely was Addison. 

However, we also don't know how they are coached. Addisons responsibility could have been all game to take RB when those plays come and the LB should be over lapping and playing QB (typical way to defend). Ideally, you want the DE to slow play it and take the RB last second giving the LB time to come and play the QB. I'd like to see how abused Edmonds was on those plays.

Yea, I would think that the DE's job in that situation would be to set the edge and ensure that the play does not go outside. On both TD runs, the interior looked like the parting of the Red Sea and Murray raced into the endzone pretty much untouched. The fault there is with the DTs and LBs IMHO.

2 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Yea, I would think that the DE's job in that situation would be to set the edge and ensure that the play does not go outside. On both TD runs, the interior looked like the parting of the Red Sea and Murray raced into the endzone pretty much untouched. The fault there is with the DTs and LBs IMHO.

Well DT's probably not. Essentially there, you want to run it at the 3 tech. So they ran to the 3 tech side, tackle came down to chip on 3 tech, moved up to LB. It's DE's job to slow play / take RB immediately and let the safety come down and / or the LB over lap to the QB. Putting that on the DT is tough. I think Addison played it too aggressively and made the decision for Kyler wayyyyy to easy 

Newsflash: The other team is also full of professionals, and they WILL make plays. Jerry Hughes is a human being who WILL make mistakes or who will get faked out on a well executed play. This is football, it happens. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

It was a quick play down near the goal line where LB's had no reason to back out in coverage.  Where were they - - twice??

On 11/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, LB48 said:

Your talents are wasted here. You should get a job with the national enquirer. 

Pretty sure both those TDs were RPOs not play-action passes. Woof

It was Hughes once and Addison the other time

On 11/16/2020 at 10:34 PM, Thriftygamer83 said:

Coaching hasn't really provided any adjustments and has looked largely out foxed. We don't have Shaq or Jordan even with injuries they've played well. It says something to McDermott and his process and lack of progress as a Coach.

Thats why the Bills record is 3-7....oh wait damned dyslexia ;)

Defenses are getting gashed all over the league in a record setting year for points a lot of smart people are getting out smarted.