Completely incensed by the officiating yesterday

21 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yep.  This sort of thread is just further evidence for the theory that a lot of folks in our little community don't watch much football outside of Bills games.  

We also benefited from a couple of ticky-tack calls against Arizona, but of course everybody forgets about those.

Huh? Which ones?  Every Arizona penalty was 5 yards and most were offside.

As said I only pointed out the two (both ticky tack & had no affect on the play) and cost the bills first downs & 55 yards.  

48 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yep.  This sort of thread is just further evidence for the theory that a lot of folks in our little community don't watch much football outside of Bills games.  

We also benefited from a couple of ticky-tack calls against Arizona, but of course everybody forgets about those.

Can you elaborate on the ticky-tack calls against Arizona? I included this in my original post, but there were only 2 penalties on the Cardinals that were not pre-snap violations. They had an offensive holding that was 100% the right call, and a hands to the face that I don't remember a replay on. 

I do watch a lot of football outside of the Bills, and yes, refs are generally bad. However, this was one of the most biased games I've seen this year. There might not have been any egregiously bad calls, but every single close call went against the Bills (with some blatant no-calls against the Cards). 

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Can you elaborate on the ticky-tack calls against Arizona? I included this in my original post, but there were only 2 penalties on the Cardinals that were not pre-snap violations. They had an offensive holding that was 100% the right call, and a hands to the face that I don't remember a replay on. 

I do watch a lot of football outside of the Bills, and yes, refs are generally bad. However, this was one of the most biased games I've seen this year. There might not have been any egregiously bad calls, but every single close call went against the Bills (with some blatant no-calls against the Cards). 

It was the game changing calls that changed the flow of the game.  The two I have pointed too, changed the game immensely.  Two first downs & 55 yards.  

Other are just calls that happen in a game, some right, some iffy & some wrong & others missed.  

A perfect example was vs. Beasley illegal contact vs. Seattle.  Was on a third down, negated a sack, was the right call and resulted in a subsequent TD.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

officiating is horrible in every game. NFL also needs some adjustments to the rule book

I agree, there are new rules added all the time and rules are generally not ever removed.  Each official can only watch one thing at a time, they cant and dont see everything.   Holding happens all the time and mostly is not called.  Officiating has not gotten worse, fans analysis and tools to view things after the fact from a bunch of angles, make a slow motion gif and post it to social media is what has changed.

9 minutes ago, mattynh said:

I agree, there are new rules added all the time and rules are generally not ever removed.  Each official can only watch one thing at a time, they cant and dont see everything.   Holding happens all the time and mostly is not called.  Officiating has not gotten worse, fans analysis and tools to view things after the fact from a bunch of angles, make a slow motion gif and post it to social media is what has changed.

illegal formation needs to be removed...as long as 5 OL are lined up..shouldn't matter where everyone else does

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

That's why I waited a day... I didn't want to have an overly emotional reaction to the game. I've been stewing on it since and haven't changed my mind. 

I realize that bad calls and no calls happen in every game, but I think it's worth bringing up when there were 5 bad calls against the Bills and zero for the Cardinals. Not to mention 2 critical no-calls that favored the Cardinals. That's more than enough to change the outcome of a game. 

This was easily the most lop-sided game by the officials all year. The INT call during the Rams game was the worst individually called play, but that game ended up fairly even (including a borderline call to get the Bills the last second TD). 

I don't think I'm being a homer here, but wanted to post to see if people agreed with me or not. 

My drywall would have to agree with you. The last time I blasted 2 holes in the wall was the Leodis Fumble vs the Patriots. I also remember The Music City Miracle, I threw a wooden chair against the wall turning into splinters and broke another one in my hands. I had to buy my mom a new kitchen table set. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

My drywall would have to agree with you. The last time I blasted 2 holes in the wall was the Leodis Fumble vs the Patriots. I also remember The Music City Miracle, I threw a wooden chair against the wall turning into splinters and broke another one in my hands. I had to buy my mom a new kitchen table set. 

There was a moment there were I thought my remote was going to go through the TV. Angriest I've been at officiating since 2016 Seahawks game. Any thread about officiating also needs to include the 1998 "just give it to them" game vs the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 1

If your going to let the O-line be grabby do it for both sides. If your going to let CB's hand fight and tug on WR's, do it for both sides. If your going to call tacky tac block in the back calls do it for both sides. The Officiating this year is making this game unwatchable most weeks, it just feels like we have to beat the other team and the officials every week. Maybe when we get a new stadium the calls will start to equalize.

2 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

There was a moment there were I thought my remote was going to go through the TV. Angriest I've been at officiating since 2016 Seahawks game. Any thread about officiating also needs to include the 1998 "just give it to them" game vs the Patriots. 

I remember watching that Patriots game and just feeling like I was watching something  scripted like a WWF match. Even though I didn't break anything from that crap fest from the officials it still made me just physically sick watching it. 

17 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

That's why I waited a day... I didn't want to have an overly emotional reaction to the game. I've been stewing on it since and haven't changed my mind. 

I realize that bad calls and no calls happen in every game, but I think it's worth bringing up when there were 5 bad calls against the Bills and zero for the Cardinals. Not to mention 2 critical no-calls that favored the Cardinals. That's more than enough to change the outcome of a game. 

This was easily the most lop-sided game by the officials all year. The INT call during the Rams game was the worst individually called play, but that game ended up fairly even (including a borderline call to get the Bills the last second TD). 

I don't think I'm being a homer here, but wanted to post to see if people agreed with me or not. 

And wasn't it in the 3rd Qtr where most of these penalties happened. This team is amazing but also seriously dysfunctional in the 3rd. The bottom line is throughout Bills history they are usually on the short end of the officiating stick. This will never change until Josh's media popularity surpasses players like Mahomes & Murray.  Then and only then will the Bills benefit from the Jordan rules.

The Singletary play was completely a foul. It was a good call. It was stupid of him to do that. Plus he was coming back towards his own end zone, which is against the rules.

BUT, I don't agree that it happened after the play was over. It was clearly during the play. Not that it matters that much.

I agree with you on the Worley PI. It looked pretty clean to me. You forgot to mention the blatant PI against Brown. The defender ran right through him and knocked him to the ground.

The Winters holding looked like holding to me. I have no problem with that call.

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Remind me never to come over to your place for a Bills game. Danger zone.