Completely incensed by the officiating yesterday

I only have a problem with what we can control. Presnap penalties especially lining up wrong or not getting set rear their ugly head every game. 
Our wrs would be in the bench if the didn’t show some kind of hustle in getting get. Diggs drives me to the point of insanity with his presnap loafing. 
And the dang coaches continue to allow it. Lining up should be the easiest part of football. 

There I found a thread to get that off my chest. Now I feel better 

• Like (+1) 1

I felt the same way. Officials inserted themself into the game when it got close and it was slanted to favor the cardinals. 
The Knox penalty was ridiculous. The defender is lunging to the ground as Knox goes to block him. Gets up and whines to the official and gets the flag.

The singletary penalty interpreted as after 

the play was ridiculous. It was a block attempt when he felt his QB was running. The winters hold was more bull####. That’s how every offensive lineman blocks on every play. 

Hail Mary still stings but we are always having to overcome some degree of officiating.

7 hours ago, shane nelson said:

While completely incensed is a bit of an overkill, I must say, yesterday's officiating was the worse I have seen all season.  The call on Knox was terrible and I think really changed the outcome of the game.  Singletary's penalty was pure BS.

I never blame the refs when we loss, even after the Houston playoff loss.  Only the losers blame the ref and good teams don't let the refs control the outcome.  That said, yesterday's strip performance was a D-  

Go Bills

Yes, the call on Singletary was bogus as the Cardinal player took a dive.  As Ian Eagle said, Singletary is 5-9 and around 200# while the Cardinal weighs over 300.  

9 hours ago, Back the Blue said:

TSW guarantee...Bills lose, “refs are to blame” threads pop up. 

These threads pop up when we’re winning as well. The refs league wide have been terrible for a while and they seem to be getting worse by the year. They’re controlling games and deciding outcomes. There’s been two INT calls this year that should be investigated by the FBI

7 hours ago, die hard bills fan said:

There was another missed call when Josh got slapped in the head after he clearly had finished his throwing motion. Not sure when it was but it was seen on replay (camera angle straight on Josh's  face)  and of course, the announcers made no comment.

Josh gets hit in the head multiple times each game with no call. He went from getting the call almost all the time to not at all. There’s no consistency in how they call games and player safety is a complete joke. 

10 hours ago, shane nelson said:

While completely incensed is a bit of an overkill, I must say, yesterday's officiating was the worse I have seen all season.  The call on Knox was terrible and I think really changed the outcome of the game.  Singletary's penalty was pure BS.

I never blame the refs when we loss, even after the Houston playoff loss.  Only the losers blame the ref and good teams don't let the refs control the outcome.  That said, yesterday's strip performance was a D-  

Go Bills

This is stupid. How do you stop someone from making completely wrong decisions? They allow one team to blatantly hold and block in the back their way to a score and penalize another ending their drive for the same thing. What are we supposed to do say we’re not allowing you to throw that flag we’re gonna keep the ball here and it’s a first down? 

The only losers blame the refs is idiotic as well. If they did a poor job and clearly helped the other team by allowing them to break the rules and score points they deserve blame. 

Stop being ok with people being terrible at their jobs and hold them accountable. 

11 hours ago, Bagwell358 said:

I felt the same way. Officials inserted themself into the game when it got close and it was slanted to favor the cardinals. 
The Knox penalty was ridiculous. The defender is lunging to the ground as Knox goes to block him. Gets up and whines to the official and gets the flag.

the play was ridiculous. It was a block attempt when he felt his QB was running. The winters hold was more bull####. That’s how every offensive lineman blocks on every play. 

Hail Mary still stings but we are always having to overcome some degree of officiating.

Arizona is one of the most penalized teams in the NFL & Sunday they had only 5 yard penalties against them.

I notice penalties that affect the outcome of games & Sunday there were the two above that had no affect on the play & were ticky tack @ best & cost the Bills big yards and crucial plays (21 yards into Cards territory on one, int the next play) & then a big third down conversion @ midfield that cost them 33 yards & a punt.  

I remember an earlier game where Hughes is dragged down on a third & long as he had a direct line on the QB that the opponent converted, but there was no problem as the flag was thrown.  Those are plays that directly affect the game.  The Knox & Winters I saw nothing & had no affects on either play.

The Murray TD's were both on first down, even with a penalty they have 3 chances to score, so I am not going to get upset over them.  

The PI yep ticky tack but happens (of course the Bills didn't get a call Sunday), and yes need to protect Allen more (as they do other QB's).

Edited by Billsfan1972

11 hours ago, mattynh said:

There was holding that wasn't called??????  No way!!!!!!!

Was there at least one call or lack of a call on the Cardinals side that benefited the Bills or all 25 of the bad calls/non calls go against the Bills?  That is an outrage!

Are people not allowed to voice opinions these days?

10 hours ago, Bagwell358 said:

A problem on the Knox penalty was he clearly extended his arms into the defender.  But a bigger problem is he's getting a rep for holding and illegal blocks.  And given this the officials are more likely to make calls against him.  I wouldn't be surprised if the ref's pre-game huddle they say watch this guy for holding.  I think Knox has a target on his back.

Another call I thought was completely wrong was the PI call on Worley with :13 left in Q3.  If that's PI I don't know how DB's are supposed to cover receivers.

My argument with the Singletary call was more about how they called it "after the play".  After the play is after the whistle.  it didn't blow and the play was still on.  So even if the call was legit, which is something I don't agree with, the Bills should have gotten the down back.  Not lost the down and got a 15 yard mark off. 

All complaints about the refs considered the Bills lost the game because they were sleepwalking again thru the 3rd quarter and couldn't make the kill shot when they had the Cards down.   

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The non-call that got me was on the deep route to Brown where the CB stepped on the back of his foot taking his shoe off. While not intentional, THAT is definitely pass interference and Josh couldn’t believe it.

Saw that and obviously no replay.  Again if I remember it was a 3rd down too, so no chance to amend for it.

Again PI's can be missed......  The issue I had was the big plays nullified on ticky tack fouls at best.

Penalties in general are down this year, have to wonder how many are influenced by loud crown reactions.  

Still, Its notable that NE, Houston and Miami are 3 out of the top 4 least penalized teams this season.  There's something to the way Belichick coaches disciplined play.  In close games, that equates to an edge.

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The non-call that got me was on the deep route to Brown where the CB stepped on the back of his foot taking his shoe off. While not intentional, THAT is definitely pass interference and Josh couldn’t believe it.

No wonder.  The Cards are the most penalized team in the NFL (and hads their best game Sunday).  However not one DPI.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

And you wonder why people hate Greg Williams (look at RP).

11 hours ago, Nitro said:

I watch the NFL ticket.  There is bad officiating all over the league.

Yep.  This sort of thread is just further evidence for the theory that a lot of folks in our little community don't watch much football outside of Bills games.  

We also benefited from a couple of ticky-tack calls against Arizona, but of course everybody forgets about those.

• Like (+1) 1