Morse not starting was a "football decision" per McD

6 hours ago, TBBills said:

No need to risk against a NFC game... But I guess we will find out soon enough. We won't know if he starts him till Sunday.

From what McDermott said it was a momentum thing... So it looks since the momentum was broken we should have Mitch back in. 

44 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Not my argument it exactly what was said... You don't like it take it up with McDermott.

We are agreeing that he didn't want Morse to play that game because he felt it would negatively impact the team's performance.  And he still hasn't stated that Morse has his starting job back yet.  The best endorsement he could give of his $45 million man is "we'll see"----this was yesterday.

That precludes him from currently being the best guy for the job on the roster.  

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

We are agreeing that he didn't want Morse to play that game because he felt it would negatively impact the team's performance.  And he still hasn't stated that Morse has his starting job back yet.  The best endorsement he could give of his $45 million man is "we'll see"----this was yesterday.

That precludes him from currently being the best guy for the job on the roster.  

Well he will never say if Morse is starting that has always been McDermott's MO when talking to media. He never gives away who is starting.

So you are wrong.

Edited by TBBills

23 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

https://espnrochester.radio.com/articles/wgr-am-article/mcdermott-morse-not-playing-was-a-coachs-decision    "He was healthy," McDermott told reporters on his weekly Zoom conference call. "Mitch is a good player and we just felt like, for that week, that week being last week, we felt like we had at least some momentum with the group we had had in when Mitch went down and wanted to take a look at one more week there."

You're entitled to your opinion, but this is what McD said. 

I literally said what you just quoted from McD.  They wanted to see if the OL that won the Seahawks game, a big game, could do the same against the Cardinals.  They couldn't.  Remember also that Morse was cleared to play on Wednesday of that week, meaning he had already missed a day of practice.

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Well he will never say if Morse is starting that has always been McDermott's MO when talking to media. He never gives away who is starting.

So you are wrong.

Good point.  Benching Morse against AZ and not announcing if he will start this week was a 2 week long elaborate ruse to mess with the Charger's Defensive game plan....

LA will now spend hours of wasted time planning parallel but completely different defensive schemes based on various Bills who may be hiking the ball to Josh---it's genius!

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

I literally said what you just quoted from McD.  They wanted to see if the OL that won the Seahawks game, a big game, could do the same against the Cardinals.  They couldn't.  Remember also that Morse was cleared to play on Wednesday of that week, meaning he had already missed a day of practice.

The O-line didn't lose that game against AZ......

They helped Josh get the Bills what should have been a comfortable 3rd Q lead and what appeared to be (and should have been) a later, come from. behind game winning drive.

I bet the Bills staff was not, on the following Monday, saying:  "yeah we gotta get Mitch back in there for the Chargers".   And as of yesterday, they were still not saying that.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Good point.  Benching Morse against AZ and not announcing if he will start this week was a 2 week long elaborate ruse to mess with the Charger's Defensive game plan....

LA will now spend hours of wasted time planning parallel but completely different defensive schemes based on various Bills who may be hiking the ball to Josh---it's genius!

So that is what you think he did lol sad....

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

The O-line didn't lose that game against AZ......

They helped Josh get the Bills what should have been a comfortable 3rd Q lead and what appeared to be (and should have been) a later, come from. behind game winning drive.

I bet the Bills staff was not, on the following Monday, saying:  "yeah we gotta get Mitch back in there for the Chargers".   And as of yesterday, they were still not saying that.

They also didn't win it.  So there go the mo.

And like I said, the OL is far better with Morse and Feliciano starting, and Morse doesn't play OG.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

They also didn't win it.  So there go the mo.

The game was there for the winning with 34 seconds left.  They did their job--they scored to the the league with seconds left.   Then the D-choke unit took the field and game the win away.

You're not even making sense.

6 minutes ago, TBBills said:

So that is what you think he did lol sad....

Why does he "never give away who's starting"?

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The game was there for the winning with 34 seconds left.  They did their job--they scored to the the league with seconds left.   Then the D-choke unit took the field and game the win away.

Why does he "never give away who's starting"?

Ask him, I am not MCDermott.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wait for the paint dries before you venture out of this corner....

What are you even talking about? You are just running in circles chasing your tail.

You getting and at me b.c of what McDermott said thinking it's some huge plan or something crazy.

He says the same thing every week when it comes to guys starting yet you want to look deep into this one time b.c you are trying so hard to be right.

What's funny is last time Morse had a concussion he was out for a while but this time b.c he didn't come back after 1 week it's b.c he isn't good according to you.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

I agree that the offense had them in the lead until that miraculous 1 in a hundred play.  But the team still lost.  Feliciano didn't prove to be a better center than Morse and Winters continues to be a liability.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think this may be true and have for a while.... but I suspect Morse and Feliciano is still a better combo than Feliciano and Winters.

Yeah and IMO Feliciano is also a much better center than he is a guard.    

Additionally........with improving the run game a priority.......you have to wonder if Morse is going to be more tentative at the point of attack.  It's not like the play he got hurt on was an unexpected hit.........it's standard operating procedure for the Patriots LB's to try to blow up run plays that way if they anticipate a combo block coming.  

It isn't out of the question that Feliciano/Winters might be better than Morse/Feliciano.........and that's knowing that Winters is just not good.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I agree that the offense had them in the lead until that miraculous 1 in a hundred play.  But the team still lost.  Feliciano didn't prove to be a better center than Morse and Winters continues to be a liability.

That's some spin for an Offense that built a big lead, and when the D tossed away in less than 15 minutes, regained it at the end of the game.  They put up 30 points.

Had the Hail Murray failed, would you come to the same conclusion about the O-line?  Of course not.  

The O-line was not the liability.  It wasn't missing the Morse ingredient.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's some spin for an Offense that built a big lead, and when the D tossed away in less than 15 minutes, regained it at the end of the game.  They put up 30 points.

Had the Hail Murray failed, would you come to the same conclusion about the O-line?  Of course not.  

The O-line was not the liability.  It wasn't missing the Morse ingredient.

No spin.  There is no reason Morse shouldn't be back starting at C and Feliciano at RG, relegating Winters back to the bench. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Doc said:

Except you added the suggestion it was because Morse was coming off a concussion, the second in a year and a half.  Simply put, that did not appear to be part of this decision.

Just now, GaryPinC said:

Except you added the suggestion it was because Morse was coming off a concussion, the second in a year and a half.  Simply put, that did not appear to be part of this decision.

And you added the suggestion that he was benched for poor play.  Except he was coming off a concussion, the 2nd in a year and a half, and he missed a day of practice.  If he hadn't been coming off a concussion and Feliciano started over him at C, it would be an entirely different discussion.

I guess we'll find out Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

What are you even talking about? You are just running in circles chasing your tail.

You getting and at me b.c of what McDermott said thinking it's some huge plan or something crazy.

He says the same thing every week when it comes to guys starting yet you want to look deep into this one time b.c you are trying so hard to be right.

What's funny is last time Morse had a concussion he was out for a while but this time b.c he didn't come back after 1 week it's b.c he isn't good according to you McDermott.

Fixed that for you.

The "huge plan" I described was sarcasm as a way to mock your claim that McD never tells who's starting ---even at C, as it somehow gives him an advantage in this case.

He did come back quickly   (in not quite a week, but only 10 days). He was dressed for the AZ game.  

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

No spin.  There is no reason Morse shouldn't be back starting at C and Feliciano at RG, relegating Winters back to the bench. 

You would think.  But at no time did McD put Morse in the AZ game, while the Cardinals were pantsing the D.  

Momentum?  The Bills scored 74 points in the 2 games without Morse.  In the previous 3 games, they couldn't crack 20.  Hard for McD not to notice that....

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You would think.  But at no time did McD put Morse in the AZ game, while the Cardinals were pantsing the D.  

Momentum?  The Bills scored 74 points in the 2 games without Morse.  In the previous 3 games, they couldn't crack 20.  Hard for McD not to notice that....

They were averaging almost 31 PPG with Morse and a healthy Josh.  Again Feliciano didn't prove to be a better center and he's a far better RG than Winters.  The decision will be easy...

• Like (+1) 2